+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Speech!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Speech!

I have to disagree with allowing religion in schools. Though George Washington was a religious man, our country was not founded on Christianity alone nor was it the purpose, that is the reason why we have a separation of church and state, it is a middle ground so that the country can function. The first amendment guarantees your right to believe however you want to believe, but think about it this way. If we allow religion into the schools, then are you as a tax payer going to allow your tax dollars to be spent to host a class on every religion, it costs alot of money to run and pay for classes, so are you willing to pay for a class in Christianity, Buddism, Judaism, Shintoism, Daoism, Confuscision, Islam, Hinduism, Scientology(yes, it is a recognized religion thanks to the Clinton Administration hence it has tax exemption status), and any other religion that somebody feels in believing in. Also, what happens if you get offended, you have a right under the First Amendment to speak out against the school for not tolerating and accepting your religion, is your school and the system willing to face that battle. Its something that should be left to each individual family and not the school system. Schools should not be the only place where learning is going on, it should also be at home. Also, to have students learn about Jesus Christ is in itself a violation of the First Amendment as it is not guaranteeing that the student can believe what he wants; because the educators who have the correct knowledge and such are telling him what is right. In terms of facts, religion should never be used to prove facts, religion is a based on belief and therefore opinion of ones own person, you can use religion as your inspiration or your own drive, but when you present facts you cannot use the bible as such, because lets face it, can you really tell me straight faced that in 2000 years, the book has not been edited, changed, deleated or added information.

Instead of trying to put religion in schools, how about we do someting more constructive like paying for classes to teach children on how to read and write correctly, also lets first bridge the divide on math and science with the rest of the world, because lets face it, you can have all the bible's knowledge and it memorized word for word, but when you are in for a job interview with a technology company and the foreign born applicant knows how to do math, you will get skipped over, focus on the most important things, because we as a country SUCK at math and science; religion won't be able to help you then.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Speech!

oOoOoOoOoO I know this has gotten WAY off topic has it not?
    But it is a good discussion anyway. But yes lets get back on Topic..Even thouhg I missed a Whole lot >.> <,< *Sigh* If only If only I were here to join the fun.

ANYWHO well now that I am here and back to my thread I'll post and What...not.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroenix
    But the point is teach facts and facts that can be proven. If something is not able to be proven without a doubt by either science or religion, don't teach it.
    I Absolutely MUST quote this and say something about it or all will not be right with the world. ^.^ Hehe.

I'm VERY sorry BUT to say something like this makes me totally "dhajshdjksahdk"
    Because to even use that as a defense or ANYTHING really is nonsense.
    BECAUSE-
    Well First, Science doesn't PROVE anything.
    Second, sooo much Evolution that is taught in schools today was proved WRONG!
    Or weren't "Proved" at all.
    I KNOW that Evolution is OFF topic But Kedar, I coud NOT let this by. I just couldn't or my name wouldn't be Kedar...or Meghan ...rather.

So for you to say that religion shouldn't be taught because it wasn't "Proven" is something that sends me way out there.

ANYWAY!

ON TOPIC!!!!

I'll cut STRAIGHT to the point, Christianity ..or God baised religions..be it Catholic, Baptist...Whatever...As long as it points to the One God above was what this country is founded upon. No matter WHO says WHAT about it. No matter who's affended. No matter why they are affended...It's just WHAT it WAS founded on.
    Okie Dokie Joe.

What If I went into another country aaaaaaaand felt unconfortable with the way they worshiped the way they do. And that Religion that they were worshiping was their MAIN Religion? If I or others who even live in the very same country resented it...Who would WE be to Complain??????????

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    I have to disagree with allowing religion in schools. Though George Washington was a religious man, our country was not founded on Christianity alone nor was it the purpose, that is the reason why we have a separation of church and state, it is a middle ground so that the country can function. The first amendment guarantees your right to believe however you want to believe, but think about it this way. If we allow religion into the schools, then are you as a tax payer going to allow your tax dollars to be spent to host a class on every religion, it costs alot of money to run and pay for classes, so are you willing to pay for a class in Christianity, Buddism, Judaism, Shintoism, Daoism, Confuscision, Islam, Hinduism, Scientology(yes, it is a recognized religion thanks to the Clinton Administration hence it has tax exemption status), and any other religion that somebody feels in believing in. Also, what happens if you get offended, you have a right under the First Amendment to speak out against the school for not tolerating and accepting your religion, is your school and the system willing to face that battle. Its something that should be left to each individual family and not the school system. Schools should not be the only place where learning is going on, it should also be at home. Also, to have students learn about Jesus Christ is in itself a violation of the First Amendment as it is not guaranteeing that the student can believe what he wants; because the educators who have the correct knowledge and such are telling him what is right. In terms of facts, religion should never be used to prove facts, religion is a based on belief and therefore opinion of ones own person, you can use religion as your inspiration or your own drive, but when you present facts you cannot use the bible as such, because lets face it, can you really tell me straight faced that in 2000 years, the book has not been edited, changed, deleated or added information.

Instead of trying to put religion in schools, how about we do someting more constructive like paying for classes to teach children on how to read and write correctly, also lets first bridge the divide on math and science with the rest of the world, because lets face it, you can have all the bible's knowledge and it memorized word for word, but when you are in for a job interview with a technology company and the foreign born applicant knows how to do math, you will get skipped over, focus on the most important things, because we as a country SUCK at math and science; religion won't be able to help you then.
    Tell me this KnightofNi, When you die, where do you think you go?
    Well I can answer that, You either go to heaven or hell.
    Whats more important in this life? So what...Your a mathmetician.
    Thats great It really is, I'm not being sarcastic.

But will it do anything for you when you die?
    It will help the world that we live in today, But Whats more important?
    Your soul or your Brain??

Well I know that what I just said won't get good feedback, But It's just what I say^.^

And you know, I almost HATE putting the "Term" "Religion" as how we talk about it.
    The only thing you need is a Relationship with Jesus Christ.

When people think "Religion" they think..."Oh some sort of group that consumes your life and doesn't let you think for yourself" Or what have you with the many thoughts that people think when they hear the term "Religion"

Well I COULD go on and say how being saved is not what most people think and Blah Blah Blah But thats Way off topic aaaaand I'm sure people are already annoyed that I'm "Preachin" anyway...So Maybe another time then EH!

Thanks Pyroo. :]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5