+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Split Personalities

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Split Personalities

Going to professional would be a good thing for your friends going through this. On the other hand, and this isn't saying your friends are like this, I had a friend that tried to fake having disassiative personality disorder to try and get attention.

It's been a long time since my psych classes, but I seem to remember something about physical symptoms during a change over, kind of like a full body hiccough in some cases.

As for worrying about them hating themselves, I think that would be less about the disorder and more about the trauma which was severe enough to enduce it. Think of the disorder as (likely) simply the symptom of a greater problem.

And, like I said above, some times you need to be critical of your friends. Obviously, I don't know them, but it can never hurt to seriously research your friends' claims so that you can A) be there for them as support and a lending hand when they need it and B) so you don't get sucked in to their deceit if they're just pulling your leg (and everyone elses) so they can get attention. I know that sounds harsh, but there's really nothing quite like finding out you've been suckered by someone you care about and trust.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

I thank you all for sharing. poor reese-san went crazy. I hope that she wont split in process and starts slamming her computer and so. ^^ll j/k
    thank you erosenin and elie too. ^_^

so-- as erosenin said above me..

fake having disassiative personality disorder to try and get attention.
    I dont know what my friends motives are. They could be faking it, they could mean it for real.
    so... all this splits issues aren't ridiculous and craps after all? (='.'=) people really do suffer this?
    apart from wanting attention that is.. (-_-)
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait a minute, if you have a split personality wouldn't there be a chance of the individual not knowing?

Different characters/personalities are developed to deal with these events and they can become real enough to the person with the disorder that they become an identity in themselves. For example, someone who is bullied plenty at school may develop a possible angry personality, who stands up for them during dangerous bully situations. ^^
    Wouldn't that be normal or is it just me?

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
    Wait a minute, if you have a split personality wouldn't there be a chance of the individual not knowing?

some people does not realize that they have splits or even know about it.
    they are totally unaware about the change in their behaviour. Normally, the third party will notice it.. i guess...
    i dont know...
    you are a victim yourself?
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun
    some people does not realize that they have splits or even know about it.
    they are totally unaware about the change in their behaviour. Normally, the third party will notice it.. i guess...
    i dont know...
    you are a victim yourself?
    Probably not.

But I do think there is another part of me, which can awaken from certain situation and be fueled by anger and temptation. Though, I don't think thats split personality.

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

To say the truth. I have split personalites.....
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

Newbie Casben may be famous one day Casben may be famous one day Casben's Avatar
    Thanks

If I get really really mad my freinds all say I turn into a totally different person untill I calm down! Its only happened twice though! It was a bully, I punched him in the face and he left me alone!

Otaku Reese may be famous one day Reese may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
    It is true 'Bullying' is a common factor in society. However different people have different ways of approaching life. Or that they have different levels of tolerance for particular situations in comparision to others... in that sense, different emotional problems can arise. Eg. Split personality.

@ Casben : Uhhh... from that description. It sounds more like anger/frustration than 'Split personality'. I really don't know what to say to that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast