View Poll Results: do you belive its possible?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

11 52.38%
  • no

10 47.62%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Spontaneous Human Combustion

Newbie HeartlessViper may be famous one day HeartlessViper may be famous one day HeartlessViper's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spontaneous Human Combustion

HAHAHA kids... no affence if your not a kid.
    That cannot happen. Were not dragonball Z people and were not magical.
    Athough we wish this at our most might, it will never happen.
    We are mear humans that is it and that is all.
    How do you like my new hair do my Lord?

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlessViper
    HAHAHA kids... no affence if your not a kid.
    That cannot happen. Were not dragonball Z people and were not magical.
    Athough we wish this at our most might, it will never happen.
    We are mear humans that is it and that is all.
    we arent talking about the kahmehameha wave try to read all the pages to a thread before replying

spontaneos human combustion happens for many reason usually there is a flame nearby when it does
    the person was usually smoking a cigarette or a pipe when it happened so there is a reason in most cases they find the cause or the cause burnt up with the victim

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

It has actually been proven that there is a reason for spontanious human combustion but that makes it un-spontanious its usually happens when old people fall asleep in front of a gas fire and the fat in their skin liquidises and the gas from the gas fire mixes with the now liquid fat and because of its fatty content the liquidised fat traps the gas (and the liquid fat isnt like water its just like sweat) and is soaked back into the skin all it needs now is the bio-electric energy produced naturally inside our own bodies to cause combustion which is then called spontanious human combustion. and because the combustion happens from the inside-outwards people are litterally reduced to ashes thus proving that what we thought was spontanious human combustion wasnt spontanious so no i dont believe in it
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish3
    It has actually been proven that there is a reason for spontanious human combustion but that makes it un-spontanious its usually happens when old people fall asleep in front of a gas fire and the fat in their skin liquidises and the gas from the gas fire mixes with the now liquid fat and because of its fatty content the liquidised fat traps the gas (and the liquid fat isnt like water its just like sweat) and is soaked back into the skin all it needs now is the bio-electric energy produced naturally inside our own bodies to cause combustion which is then called spontanious human combustion. and because the combustion happens from the inside-outwards people are litterally reduced to ashes thus proving that what we thought was spontanious human combustion wasnt spontanious so no i dont believe in it

The Wick Effect, yeah, we know. We all referred to that.

What bothered me about the Wick Effect, is that there are many cases that can't be explained or solved by the Wick Effect.

Henceforth: "The Spontaneous"

Afterall, if it were truly "Unspontaneous", it would have been considered a full-fledged FACT nowadays. However, even professional books admit that it is still called "Spontaneous" and that the "Wick Effect" is still a theory, for the sole reason that it never answered the rest of the cases.

^_^

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    The composition of the human body is as follows, most of which are flammable:
    Oxygen 65%
    Sulfur 0.3 %
    Carbon 18.5 %
    Sodium 0.2 %
    Hydrogen 9.5 %
    Chlorine 0.2 %
    Nitrogen 3.2 %
    Magnesium 0.1%
    Calcium 1.5 %
    Iodine 0.1 %
    Phosphorous 1.0 %
    Iron 0.1 %
    Potassium 0.4 %
    Everything else 0.1 %
    (aluminum, boron, chromium, cobalt, copper, fluorine, manganese, molydenum, selenium, silicon, tin, vanadium, and zinc)

some of these element by them selves are flammable but the majority of them are found in compounds and not sperately like water (1 oxygen, 2 hydrogen) which isn't very flammable.

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dude101
    some of these element by them selves are flammable but the majority of them are found in compounds and not sperately like water (1 oxygen, 2 hydrogen) which isn't very flammable.
    thats what i was thinking but chief think oxygen is flammable.I know that O2 is flammable but i do not belive that is what is in the human body.

Oh yeah i think he got that list from the frist ep of FMA i don't know if i trust it

Code Name Wind

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dude101
    Very much true…However when we breathe, large amounts of Nitrogen and smaller amounts of other gases such as Oxygen and Hydrogen. Now what happens is that those gases are stored in the lungs where the oxygen is separated from the other gases. The oxygen is passed into the blood and through the process the “used” oxygen (which is converted to Carbon Dioxide) along with the other gases are breathed back out.

Now during this process the gases remain in their gas form and are flammable. For Spontaneous Human Combustion to work it would have to start in the lungs as that is where a majority of the flammable materials which could be ignited are found, it is the central part of the body mass and covers enough of the human body to “melt” part if not the rest. Where oxygen become and is store (as well as abundantly found as) is when the oxygen is passed from the blood stream into the cells, where the oxygen is process, stored or passed back to the blood stream as Carbon Dioxide.

Cells (muscle, skin and fat) when they store it do store it as H20, which makes the average human adult about 55% water based. Now this is where the debate comes in and I will refer to KenX’s post for a very viable reason human combustion as you normally hear it does not exist, if (as I stated earlier) the human body does combust from the lung (only place possible) then the composition of the rest of the body is designed to put you out before there is total consumption (I still believe you would die, just not be a crispy critter).

KenX stated the exact temperature range to melt the entire body like what has been reported and since that isn’t a possibility as of yet, much less one to occur with the human body from the little trace amounts of found in the lungs, Spontaneous Human Combustion does not exist as it has been stated by some sources. I believe it could happen but would produce lethal but non-externally visible results.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    thats what i was thinking but chief think oxygen is flammable.I know that O2 is flammable but i do not belive that is what is in the human body.

Oh yeah i think he got that list from the frist ep of FMA i don't know if i trust it
    To answer this no, hell no did I take this from FMA. I do not take anything from anime. If I state a scientific fact I will use a scientific source, only an idiot would use an anime show even if the data were accurate the source isn’t an authority in the field. I am not offended by what you said (as I am very logical and can see why you thought that) but just want to clarify. In fact I normally use several references just to ensure I am correct so here is where I pulled that:

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...9210.An.r.html
    http://fig.cox.miami.edu/~cmallery/1...e/elements.htm
    http://web2.airmail.net/uthman/elements_of_body.html
    http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howthi...dyelements.htm

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah This whole thread made me laugh.
    Not in a mean way...I just found it funny is all.

Well now that I got that smartass spam remark out of the way.....

Eh, Well the reason I started laughing at first was becuase I was thinking of someone like concentrating on harnessing the energy and will power to start a combustion within themselves triggering a massive explotion...Hahah

Well now instead of nonsense from my thoughts...Seriously..I don't think it's possible really. I mean if you digest something that makes a chemical reaction and all that good stuff then well uh duh. But "SPONTANEOUS" I think not.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast