View Poll Results: do you belive its possible?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

11 52.38%
  • no

10 47.62%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Spontaneous Human Combustion

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spontaneous Human Combustion

Eh, Well the reason I started laughing at first was becuase I was thinking of someone like concentrating on harnessing the energy and will power to start a combustion within themselves triggering a massive explotion...Hahah
    Like vegita did in DBZ. lol

I dont really believe in this, a myth to me.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

And my response to disbelief is: Cops wish they were like you. ^_^;;

They hate getting these cases, they always say: "When we can't solve it, I don't even know why they called us."

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Very much true…However when we breathe, large amounts of Nitrogen and smaller amounts of other gases such as Oxygen and Hydrogen. Now what happens is that those gases are stored in the lungs where the oxygen is separated from the other gases. The oxygen is passed into the blood and through the process the “used” oxygen (which is converted to Carbon Dioxide) along with the other gases are breathed back out.

Now during this process the gases remain in their gas form and are flammable.
    do you have a link were you can prove this^.Its a little hard for me to belive.

Code Name Wind

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

This link explains that the process I listed is correct.

http://www.free-training.com/osha/ppe/RESPIR/303.htm

These delicate air sacs then transfer the oxygen that is in the air into your blood. At the same time the oxygen is being absorbed into your bloodstream, carbon dioxide is being transferred from your bloodstream into the air sacs.
    This link explains what happens with the oxygen and carbon dioxide exchange in the lungs:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/lung2.htm

This link has a segment that speaks to the left over air and carbod dioxide. (can't go wrong with the magic school bus!)

http://www.microsoft.com/education/msbbody.mspx

Air is a mix of nitrogen, oxygen, and a few other trace gases. After it passes through the lungs, carbon dioxide and other leftover gases exit.
    If this is not sufficient let me know!

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Now during this process the gases remain in their gas form and are flammable.
    this is more what i wanted to know about how are human body makes flammable gasses so far i haven't seen anything in any of the links that states that

Code Name Wind

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    this is more what i wanted to know about how are human body makes flammable gasses so far i haven't seen anything in any of the links that states that
    I never stated that the body made flammable gases. The flammable gas come from the air around us. The air that we breathe is comprised of mostly flammable gases and when we breathe it goes into the lungs and remains there until we exhale. Since air is comprised of the following:

http://mistupid.com/chemistry/aircomp.htm

Component Symbol Volume

Nitrogen 78.084% - flammable
    Oxygen 20.947% - flammable
    Argon 0.934% - non-flammable
    Carbon Dioxide 0.033% - non-flammable
    and some Rare Gases.

Most of which are again flammable and since they reside in the lungs until exhaled, my statement stands.

Thanks

I never stated that the body made flammable gases. The flammable gas come from the air around us. The air that we breathe is comprised of mostly flammable gases and when we breathe it goes into the lungs and remains there until we exhale. Since air is comprised of the following:

http://mistupid.com/chemistry/aircomp.htm

Component Symbol Volume

Nitrogen 78.084% - flammable
    Oxygen 20.947% - flammable
    Argon 0.934% - non-flammable
    Carbon Dioxide 0.033% - non-flammable
    and some Rare Gases.

Most of which are again flammable and since they reside in the lungs until exhaled, my statement stands.
    well then why can't you blow out fire when you beath on a flame?
    and if the air is so flammable then why doesn't it just burn up?
    Mybe because all thoes elements togather are not flammable
    which also makes me think that all of the elements combined that make up the human body are not flammable either
    Last edited by Lighting Count; Mar 16, 2006 at 06:22 PM.

Code Name Wind

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    well then why can't you blow out fire when you beath on a flame?
    Because when you exhale there isn't enough of the flammable gases present to produce a flamethrower effect this is becuase our exhale is mostly Carbon Dioxide and Nitrogen which is not flammable.

(I must appologize, I previously listed Nitrogen as a flammable gas, it is NOT upon further research)

I understand that this greatly reduces the amount of flammable gases in your lungs however there is still more than enough Oxygen that is inhaled as well as that is stored in your lung's air sacs to support becoming a crispy critter on the inside.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast