+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sports men and women salaries

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: sports men and women salaries

the reason y they are paid so much nowday is because on the general economy. if u look back when there where wars and depression, there where bearly any sports around, and the sports that where played the player played for pretty much free(but u wouldn't call them great game).

the reason y sports players are paid so much these day is because we have the money to pay them to play like paying to go to the movies. and just like movie star in which tone of ppl go to watch them and the actors are filthy rich. and think about the amount of revenue these sport club/team from ticket sales, merchandice, advertising etc.

but if u look at it on a whole, in reality only a few sports players are paid alot and this is because of their talent (just like any other talent for example sale rep, banker, tycoon), and the rest are usualy just like ur average joe.

Newbie Kai_Blackwolf may be famous one day Kai_Blackwolf may be famous one day Kai_Blackwolf's Avatar
    Thanks

i reckon its a bit of bullshit how they get payed so much just for kicking a ball or running or something, they get payed to be good at something. if i went up to somebody with lots of money that pays sports stars and asked them to pay me for watching anime or playing videogames, id be put in a padded room. they arent entertaining anyone, they dont really have a purpose, so why get payed millions just to do something that requires a bit of training? i reckon its stupid how much they get paid, because they say its their job, yet they arent working at all.
    Blackness covers all I see and all I touch. No feeling of pain, just sorrow. My hand loses grip of the sword I held. And I turn to become a true shadow.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Sports stars are often idols to millions, they are constantly in the media, so it's no wonder people will pay them millions to show off their product or company, not only that, but I have no idea how much they get paid through contracts and such.

In some ways I think that it's rediculous, I would prefer that type of money to go towards people such as docotors, nurses, paramedics and police. Those people who put their lives on the line for other or those who save lives.
    But it's another form of entertainment and so long as people are continueing to watch so long as they will keep getting paid high amounts of money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2