+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: spring break; is it safe to go to mexico?

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

spring break; is it safe to go to mexico?

If ya'll have been following the news you would see that the violence in mexico has gotten pretty bad over the last few years due to a desperate attempt to have a war on drugs, which some would say is failing, others would say it's winning. It's getting pretty bad along the border, and is traveling it's way up united states. now if ya'll can't tell by my writting, i'm texan, and i have family in mexico i want to visit, but i don't know if it's safe. I hope that it will get better, but nobody knows when. what do you guys think. will it be safe to travel to mexico? is this war on drugs moving anything forward? and if it isn't safe when will it?

I'm going to add some information to make ya'll reply a little more interactive

This excert "Mexico's drug war
    In December of 2006, Mexico's new President Felipe Calderón declared war on the drug cartels, reversing earlier government passiveness. Since then, the government has made some gains, but at a heavy price - gun battles, assasinations, kidnappings, fights between rival cartels, and reprisals have resulted in over 9,500 deaths since December 2006 - over 5,300 killed last year alone."
    Mexico's drug war - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Please no racist people comment here. don't care if u think mexico is a hell hole filled with 'evil'. i want your opinion on a NEW drug war.
    Last edited by sangogirl; Mar 11, 2010 at 09:39 AM.
    every rose has a thorn

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: spring break; is it safe to go to mexico?

I think that the purpose of the war on drugs... is failure. The government is the biggest distributor.

Spring break is whatever you make it. Danger is everywhere... there is no safe place.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku lessaangel is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well i think so...
    it is safe to go to Mexico
    I always go because to visit family there...and have fun.
    The world isn't ready for the truth...

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Not all of the government is corrupt, unfortunately it seems that the higher up you go in the food chain the more possibility that you are corrupt. There are strait cops there, who have protested against corruption, and i really feel bad for them. It has gotten so bad that cops all wear ski masks all the time so that the drug traffickers can't see who they are, and then try kill them and thier families when their off duty.
    every rose has a thorn

Otaku lessaangel is off to a good start
    Thanks

well im some places that happens but most of the time is a beautiful place
    and you dont need to worry bout all the cops and criminals.
    If you know what to do
    The world isn't ready for the truth...

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

drug wars have been going on a long time, in both mexico and the US. and the world. theyve been trying to stop it from the begining and its never really changes, some get over the boarder with the drugs others dont. cops break into drug houses.....ect....

spring break is spring break....its what you make it, dont worry about all that if your just going to be with family then you have nothing to be worried about. Its normally along the boarder where you find the worst of the drug problems. They normally make no problems with americans on the crossing, so just go and have fun, forget about the world problems for a bit and just have a great time.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Thanks

[QUOTE=clover;686525][COLOR="Lime"]drug wars have been going on a long time, in both mexico and the US. and the world. theyve been trying to stop it from the begining and its never really changes, some get over the boarder with the drugs others dont. cops break into drug houses.....ect....

I don't think you get the whole thing in mexico right now. they've never actually had this intense of a drug war. you know how much attention the health bill has been the last few months, and that's pretty much all they were doing for a couple of months? before health reform wa talked about but really done much. then obama was all like "We all need health reform". Well the new president, literally said in public, "It's a war on drugs", and things have changed. in the last five years.

This excert "Mexico's drug war
    In December of 2006, Mexico's new President Felipe Calderón declared war on the drug cartels, reversing earlier government passiveness. Since then, the government has made some gains, but at a heavy price - gun battles, assasinations, kidnappings, fights between rival cartels, and reprisals have resulted in over 9,500 deaths since December 2006 - over 5,300 killed last year alone."
    Mexico's drug war - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Key word is reversing earlier government passiveness. So Mexico is trying to have a reform, that is what makes this topic new.
    every rose has a thorn

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

It is very hot right now and the short answer is no. I would say if you must go though, never be alone and check in regularly with folks back home. But no, it is not safe and if at all possible go someplace else. They can make you disappear quick and the authorities are corrupt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast