+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: spring break; is it safe to go to mexico?

Otaku lessaangel is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: spring break; is it safe to go to mexico?

well i beleive Mexico is safe but do to all the drug wars what you expect...
    Because of every gang, and drug members at Mexico. The Mexico army cant even try to stop it.
    The world isn't ready for the truth...

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

while thats true....it doesnt mean that the same thing wasnt happening before it came around to be "drug wars" If youve seen blown, that move was based over a period of years for drug coming and going to mexico. Its even known to have been going on like that since the seventies.. There has always been kiddnappings, killings, and such when drug are involved because its addiction, and its about money. that drives people to be like that, especially in a country that pays so little for most to live on.

things have only come to light in a higher tone now because of the health reform, and higher boarder patrols from illegals. Things are going to get worse at one point which i believe is going to be outright war between drug leaders, and the boarder patrols. which no one person can stop.

its not any better here in the us either, the same thing goes on in thousand of neighborhoods in every state due to a fight of addiction on drugs. wether it be in a clean neighborhood, or a hood rat town. some one some where some one is kiddnapped for or from drugs, another is dying from being around it, or on it themselves. Drugs are everywhere, mexico is no different.

yes its gotten worse, but i still say the same thing, if you want to go visit your family go ahead. Thats the only thing that should matter, though never go anywhere alone. theres always power in numbers.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    while thats true....it doesnt mean that the same thing wasnt happening before it came around to be "drug wars" If youve seen blown, that move was based over a period of years for drug coming and going to mexico. Its even known to have been going on like that since the seventies.. There has always been kiddnappings, killings, and such when drug are involved because its addiction, and its about money. that drives people to be like that, especially in a country that pays so little for most to live on.

things have only come to light in a higher tone now because of the health reform, and higher boarder patrols from illegals. Things are going to get worse at one point which i believe is going to be outright war between drug leaders, and the boarder patrols. which no one person can stop.

its not any better here in the us either, the same thing goes on in thousand of neighborhoods in every state due to a fight of addiction on drugs. wether it be in a clean neighborhood, or a hood rat town. some one some where some one is kiddnapped for or from drugs, another is dying from being around it, or on it themselves. Drugs are everywhere, mexico is no different.

yes its gotten worse, but i still say the same thing, if you want to go visit your family go ahead. Thats the only thing that should matter, though never go anywhere alone. theres always power in numbers.

it is not the same thing that is going on here at all! mexico is resembling iraq more than united states. And it has gotten so bad it has become a crisis. There has always been drug in mexico, but the government used to be passive about it until just recently where the military not the cops are going into homes, cars, and they are puttin up a lot of checkpoints. So yeah MEXICO IS DIFFERENT. People are scared to leave. It's like the mafia out there. Here we have one or two idividual drug dealers, and i know i got druggy friends, over there it's like those alcapuno movies.
    every rose has a thorn

Otaku ToxicShadow is off to a good start ToxicShadow's Avatar
    Thanks

honestly no i dont think mexico is safe for spring break because the Cartel wars are still going on and more people will die and we will flip out if highschool or colledge students get killed over there ot happened once who knows it might happen agian people should find another beach to go to and right now mexico is deffinatly not safe
    Hold me Like you held on to life When all fears came alive and entombed me Love me Like you love the sun Scorching the blood in my vampire heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

MSNBC has posted an article related to this topic...

Mexico violence factors in spring break plans - Seasonal- msnbc.com:
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Kirra is off to a good start Kirra's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I would probably go to Mexico to see my family, especially if it had been a while since I'd last seen them. I'm not sure if the violence level will ever go down to what some people would consider to be "safe". No matter your decision, though, I hope that everything works out for you.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

i heard people were protesting against Calderon (president of mexico) in a local city ciudad Jauarez he went to visit, they want him to stop the war. If he stops it, then the violence will stop and people will stop dieing, but nothing would have changed with the drug cartels, and the gangs would still be in charge. If he keeps going, then we have no idea when the war will be over, and at how many lives it would take. I want to say that they should see this thing through until the end, and hope for a mexico without so much corruption. But i saw the pictures of the dead bodies lined up on the side of the rodes, of that cities local highschool and how bloodied up the walls were from a massacre that had taken place there a couple of days back. I don't know. Should Calderon keep the war up?

this is just a simple video of the protest. BBC News - Protest disrupts Calderon's visit to Ciudad Juarez
    every rose has a thorn

Newbie heeytenemisa is off to a good start heeytenemisa's Avatar
    Thanks

nope. there are probaly some safe places but stay away from TJ. also if u look lyk a tourist at all it is a very bad idea

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2