+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Staring: When and Why?

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Staring: When and Why?

Okay so this has been a huge issue with me, and is one of the things that I would have to say utterly pisses me. I have always had problems with people that stare. There have been some instances when I didn't really care because for one I dress weird and everyone knows that if you wear something that is considered different you are going to get some looks, so when I am wearing something that I know is going to attract attention it doesn't really bother me. Yet for some reason I can walk into a store in a plain gray hoodie, jeans, and my converse and I still get stared at relentlessly.

Another reason I have problems with people who stare is because I have a handicapped sister who also has Cerebal Palsy which resulted from a car crash my mother was in awhile back when she was pregnant with my sister. My sister cannot walk very well and tires very easily, so naturally when we go to wal-mart she has to use a wheelchair. Everytime we are in wal-mart people just stare at her, I've even seen them double around isles to take second looks like she is some kind of circus animal. It makes me want to rip their face off! For goodness sakes she is a child who is handicapped and had her whole life altered because some idiot ran into my mother because he wasn't watching where the hell he was going! It infuriates me so much that people can be so closeminded and heartless it seems like! I mean I don't want them to come up to us and hand us money or their sympathy for what happened...I just want them to keep their eyes to themselves for once in their life!

So you've heard my piece now I want to hear from you all, here are my questions: Why do you think people stare at others? Do you think it is right for people to stare?

Questions or comments anyone? ^-^
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Staring: When and Why?

I stare all the time, let me break down the mentality of a staring person. Typically they're doing any one of the following:

-Spacing off. Huge one for me, I space all the time and when I do, I stare. Sometimes its at people, usually not, so that kinda staring shouldn't bother you.
    - people look weird/doing something weird/said something weird. Ladies, you say/do/look really frickin' weird sometimes. You know you're attracting attention so why should you be offended by it? It's always for attention, and sometimes you can't help but look.
    - it's a freakin' hot chick. This you gotta be careful with, cuz if they caught you its akward. It's usually just looking at a specific body part too, butt, boobs, face, eyes, I sometimes get really entranced by a girl's eyes.

So that's why I stare. I don't see what's so bad about it. One kind of staring I can't stand personally, is a little kid's stare. Especially when you're not doing anything remotely odd and they're just staring, I like to make faces at kids who do that, or shoot nasty looks at them, see if they freak out.

Thanks

See I am not staring person, I am the kind of person who takes one look and then I am just like "oh okay". The only reason staring bothers me is because it happens to me so much. If it was just every now and then it wouldn't annoy me so much.

Then I look at where I live, I live in probably the most closeminded/racist/sexist state you could ever live in. Tennessee. In my town if you are not wearing camo on some part of your body or if you like to wear bright colors and weird looking clothes (like me) then you are considered a freak.

Thanks for the insight, it helped, at least now I know why some people may stare at me lol.
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I also despise people who stare......
    I mean I understand when i would stare..because maybe I saw something that was really beautiful or something that caught my eye.
    But I also hate when i dress for example in my goth clothes and I would walk in somewhere that goth do not usually hang out and people will give these nasty stares...I mean what the freak is wrong with you...it is not like it is the first time that you see a goth or somebody that dresses a little bit different from you....but I am not afraid to walk up to them as say "what in the world are you starring at?"...
    Usually people would stare because something the see and their brain is just so accustomed to seeing the same thing over and over again...that the mind has to accommodate to the change...
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Thanks

Yeah I assume that the main reason people stare at me is because of my hair and my clothes. I like to wear alot of bright colors like yellow and sky blue. I also wear my hair big and my hair is really black but I can't help the color of my hair because my hair is naturally black.

It doesn't really bother me when I know I am going to get stared at for something I am wearing or my hair, but when my hair is laying down and I am wearing plain clothes I still get stared at for some odd reason. It's not just by one person either...it's by like everyone who passes me, it makes me feel like there is something wrong me.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... people will stare at what they are not used to see. I have to be honest I stare at people when they are wearing clothes that for my taste they don't fit... but I take the care of not letting them know that I am staring at them. I know how uncomfortable is when people stares at you. I get those when I am talking to any member of my family... in my native language. Although I have, in a sort of way, learned how to ignore the people that stares it feels really uncomfortable most of the time.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

I stare at people when I draw them, intensely. It's bad enough when you're being stared at, but when that person has a sketchbook and is working furiously away...

But yes, people stare at things they aren't used to. Just remember, there's no way to tell what they're thinking. They could find the way you look intriguing, or could be sympathizing with your sister instead of maligning her. Does it make it any less uncomfortable to be stared at? Probably not.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm with Astaroth. I can't stand it when people stare!!! It bothers the crap outta me!! Ugh...

I mean, I'm a people watcher and all, but I don't stare. I don't let people know, "Hey, I'm checkin' you out," that's rude. I do from time to time catch myself staring and I'll slap myself. I don't like having a lack of tact.

When people stare at me, it's usually for no good reason at all. Lots of dudes will mean mug me for absolutely no reason and just sit there and stare! It makes me anxious and I wanna just punch one of them every time it happens. >_< Or, because I look/dress different than most people, I guess people think it gives them the right to stare at me while shooting these nasty looks simutaneously. Ugh... Take a picture, it'll last longer!

I personally believe that when somebody stares at you like that, they're draining you of all your positive chi. You ever been stared at and just feel completely and utterly angry or moody? You ever been stared at to the point you're too tired to even complain about it anymore? I have. It sucks! I get real irritable and I'll stay that way for hours after it happened. I'll be completely over the fact that I've been stared at for God knows how long. I just get moody. I can understand why hot chicks get pissy when men stare. LOL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast