Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stem Cell Research

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Stem Cell Research

In my area(Missouri, USA) there is an issue on the ballot on whether to allow stem cell research. So this made me think of this question.

Do you believe in Stem Cell Research? Will it allow cloneing or is it just a good tool for the search for some cures?

I'm for Stem Cell Research. I don't believe all that cloneing crap the other side is feeding me. In our proposed Stem Cell proposition it clearly states, no cloneing will be done.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    This is one of the things I strongly dislike.

No matter which way I look at it, stem cell research (and everything about the research of DNA) has a lot more bad traits than good ones.

You say that they won't get to the cloning part but it's not such a big step to make after approving the general reasearch. Everything looks far away and sci fi until we find out that we're right in the middle of it.
    Stem cell research would never get my vote, this isn't related to a particular religion btw.

-=Tumble_Dry=-
    whats wrong with cracking unborn babies heads for some super healing cells?????

There is already enough evidence that stem cells might lead to the cure of Diabetes, Breast cancer, and maybe even HIV.

It has my vote.

Also Miroku, in order to make stemcells you need to have therapeutic cloning. Or like I said, kill unborn babies =)

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't believe in the cloneing thing, but I do believe that the Stem Cell Research, will find us a cure for all these sickness. I think a years ago I heard about this and that it was ban from some states. But I didnt hear anything else.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    ooo.. I just finished a debate on this topic, so I guess i'm kinda well researched.

First of all, it's not even a fully developed embryo, ITS A BALL OF CELLS that has the potential to grow into an embryo.

how?

They take an unfertilized human egg, take the nucleus out of it and then fuse it with a cell - in the example I showed, they fused it with a skin cell.

Those ball of cells have the ability to turn into more specific cells, such as nerve cells ( paraplegics will be able to work again), liver cells - no more waiting in queue for an organ donor to come up! oh, and they dont clone a whole human just to get the organs out, they only clone the organ!

I can see what Hassun means by laws and such. But they won't even let stem cell research for good causes go ahead!? I don't see how any one will ever let cloning whole humans (which I'm against) go ahead.

Doctors have to have liscences so do people in other professions, why not those people who are researching stem cells - make them have a lisence too and have regular checks, if they are still paranoid.

When you think about it though, it might be neccasary to have a lisence in some countries, but what about other countries? They have the right to make up there own laws and therefore might not need a lisence..heck they could be cloning whole humans right now for all we now.....
    Last edited by _gwenibe_; Oct 13, 2006 at 05:06 PM.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't like this idea.... killing a human even if a clone is still murder, even thou this could save tons of people thats still a life, its against god also heh :/

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    ^ But you don't have to clone a whole human to get the benefits of the research, it's possible to clone only the organs or the genes ( eliminating genetic diseases

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've heard about that but I have no real opinion on that lol I mostly just don't like the part about the cloning the baby then killing it for the organs inside...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast