Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Stem Cell Research

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Care to provide a link for that? Because last I checked we were not asexual.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Stem Cell Research

ok, let me now if you can't read it properly, It's just an over head I showed the class for my assessment, it's taken from one of the books I researched for my debate.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/23/...lyyoursir2.png

I don't know what it would turn out to be if some one let something like this go full term, technically I don't think it's supposed to go that far, but I'm guessing if it did it would be an exact replica ie a clone, of the person who donated the skin cell.

I don't see how it's wrong to make organs out of that.

I know it' only one technique and I know that there are others that actually use sperm & egg. But why can't more research go into this type of technologies? It has the potential to save lives. it shows that you don't have to use a sperm and egg or some ones life, for those of you who believe that

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Putting aside what's already been said, I'll have to say that I'm all up for stem cell research. I'm going to stop being a pessimist, and be optimistic about this.

The main reason I want stem research to advance is because I really want the medical geniuses to find a cure to the incurable Spinocerebellar Ataxia. I know that it's a genetically inherited disorder, and that chances of finding a cure is near to zero, but I refuse to believe that nothing can be done to cure it. There are already Mitochondrial Research Groups and such working on it, but stem cell research might help as well, even if it's just a bit.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    ok, let me now if you can't read it properly, It's just an over head I showed the class for my assessment, it's taken from one of the books I researched for my debate.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/23/...lyyoursir2.png

I don't know what it would turn out to be if some one let something like this go full term, technically I don't think it's supposed to go that far, but I'm guessing if it did it would be an exact replica ie a clone, of the person who donated the skin cell.
    You know, that is a very good question. Since human cloning is already illegal in most places it would be very contraversial though.

Looks like a good book. Thanks.

(Whoohoo! 2,000th post. )

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5