+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stem Cell Research: Should it be Federally Funded?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Stem Cell Research: Should it be Federally Funded?

^ It's not done like that in most cases, infact all it is is a CELL not an embryo.
    Click the link that Hassun pointed out.
    This thread is more about the actually funding of it..

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

i know there is more than one way of obtaining stem cell, though it not as productive than extracting them from embryo's and fetuses as such. i think they can be extracted form bone marrow, but they don't get enough out of it and i think they'll find it hard for some ppl to donate some.

and the only thing that really putting a dampener on the research are the numurous religious groups, and there beliefs about humans and stuff. personally, i'm not 2 fund of ending a life (it can even be call a potential life) for the sake of extending or improving one's life.

however we do it all the time, i mean just eating meat is proff of it, and so since these embryos aren't fully developed and in theory they are just developing cells or cells in general. we can say they are lifeless, since they are just like an arm or leg or an organ, etc, just cells.

but if they are able to collect them from different source, there would be such a big problem there is now... but there is always the problem where if we wont do it some1 else will. it always happens.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, if religion is brought into this, god put certain animals on the earth for people to eat. I don't think god wanted us to use embryos, which have the potential of becoming another human being, just to help extend our lives or to create cures for anything. What right do we have to stop a life from being created for our own selfish needs. And on the note of government involvment, it limited the funding to the research, which is good because I think I read they won't fund any research that involves further destruction of embryos for stem-cell research. I'm not sure if that's the case now or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2