+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stereo-types/Labels

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks

Stereo-types/Labels

Ok....i dont know about all of you. But i am really getting sick of all the labels and stereo-types these days. It seems no matter what, everyone feels the need to label everyone else, creating all these groups that despise one another.

I think its stupid. Humans as a people cannot not be simply seperated into groups like that. People alone are too diverse and too complicated.

I dont care what anyone says, just because you might share certain similarities or interests as one of these lables doesnt mean you are one.

Many times have i been called goth among other things. I dont believe i am any one of them. I am me.....not goth....not anything else. Yes i like to wear all black, but so what?

People just seem to feel the need to segregate themselves from those they deem unworthy of being considered the same 'type' of human being.

So what are your thoughts on this?
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Stereo-types/Labels

i think its more societies fault than nething else.

you say you have been called goth because you like to wear black... im asuming these people dont know you right? so ... can you blame them? black clothes is how mass media portray "goths", on tv shows, on music videos, on the internet... people start automatically associating black with being "gothic". generally this is how all western stereotypes are created, and is not so much about segregation or discrimination, but rather the way our society puts labels (at times unintentional) on certain groups of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
    It seems no matter what, everyone feels the need to label everyone else, creating all these groups that despise one another.
    i think i have to disagree there, it is not that humans create groups to dispise each other, it is because humans dispise each other that we form groups

Otaku Speed Cards Champion, Foxhole 13 Champion, Commander Keen - Marooned on Mars Champion, Block Down Champion, Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion, Animal Connect Champion, Color Reactor 2 Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion, SputNik Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, Prison Escape Champion, Shock Defence Champion ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I agree with Henzor thats pretty much it, and I hate it, I am not like at the bottom of the chain, but I still think that its not fair to have this system.
    I've seen all you here before at the rise and the fall, lets go down and ring the bell at the Levity Ball.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Lables cannot be helped, humans, as sentient as we are, feel the need to classify things in order to identify them more accurately and effeciently. For instance if someone said "that kid with brown skin got a drink of water". Now, there are loads of people and different races that have the characteristic of brown skin, however if we say "that asian kid got a drink of water" we can now narrow it down to better identify who's being discussed. It's just our way of describing people and things better, and stereotypes are a kind of side effect of this. Usually labels are accompanied with common characterisitics, for instance "goth". It can be assumed, through much observation and interaction, that gothics tend to be a little on the right wing of things and have a negative life style and like baggy jeans with chains. Sure that's a "stereotype", but it tends be true more often than not (but of course there are the stereotypes that tend to be exagerated or simply not true). But if you don't like being called gothic dress differently until you acquire an agreeable label, otherwise stop bitching.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Labels/stereo type is normal, a everyday thing. *Sign* I don't like it, I get called emo or spoiled. I hate it because people just judge others without even knowing them. If they say they are, then go ahead call them that.But thats not going to happen anytime soon, but I wish it did.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I like labeling people emo lol... its such a funny word emo otherwise I don't do it ;/

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Everyone labels everyone from the moment we see eachother.
    It's an automatic function we all have.

But you're probably talking about putting people into certain groups.
    It is true that this happens way too much but on the other side most of us also try to be members of a certain group.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm Asian and I can drive better than my friends... hey are American also so that isn't really the truth...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast