+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stereo-types/Labels

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Stereo-types/Labels

its impossible to not be labeled
    there isnt anyone who is not part of some label or another.
    sure its not right to be part of a stereotype that doesnt apply to you except your color or origin or whatever but sometimes you can change that by showing who you are.

and just be labeled as something else

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Newbie anime cutie may be famous one day anime cutie may be famous one day anime cutie's Avatar
    Thanks

yea what happened to punk? im punky and people just call me goth cause I wear black, like a cat wears its fur! I dont even like that, my sub teacher looked @ me and some of my guy friends and thought we were bad ppl cause of the way we looked and she didnt even get to know our names yet!!!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

FOB = ? Am I full Asian?

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

No ABC = American Born Chinese lol I'm not a FOB if you mean that sigh... I was born in America but my mom wasn't and shes not the best driver in the world but has never been in a accident.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie Vassago may be famous one day Vassago may be famous one day Vassago's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not getting sick of stereotypes, I've just become used to them. You should too, talking yourself up on a forum about how you're sick of racism, that you're never racist, won't change anything or people's opinions on you.

Racism will always be around, I don't condone nor do I support it, but that's a fact.

Stereotyping people because of the clothes they wear, and music they listen to, is all too common. I myself do it quite a bit, but not intentionally to insult someone, just so I can recognize or remember them easily.

So my conclusion; People, get used to it.
    I gave my heart.
    My blood.

Nothing is forever.

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks

I never said anything about racism...

And i know that stereo-typing and labeling isnt going to go away. It just annoys me from time to time.
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

This is my opnion. I believe people stereotype because they are afraid of the unknown. Many people stereotype me before they get to know me, as a stuck up prude princess just because i have money,(i inherited thank you), and i prefer gucci and prada or some baby phat and roca wear. Not my fault i love fine things, and they also see me as a total threat becasue i am half black. I used to go to a all black school and now i go to a majority white, asain, and indian school,(about 34 blacks) and they isolate us. But when they founbd out i was half spanish they wanted to act all cool to me and act like nothing happened. To me, they are just afraid of what they dont know and by what they have heard or seen. Thats why they are stereotyping people becasue they are afraid of what they dont know.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Oct 16, 2006 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie Hana_Chann may be famous one day Hana_Chann may be famous one day Hana_Chann's Avatar
    Thanks

People judge because they're afraid of being different. In high school its ever prominate, but judge only on the surface and not whats underneath, (maybe its because soceity is superfical?) If someone wears black their assumed to be Goth, all pink=prep; sport fantiac=jock. I think society's just afraid to get to know people...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast