+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stereotyped by style of clothing

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Stereotyped by style of clothing

Recently, I have noticed a great deal of stereotyping by how one can dress. As most of you might have seen in my photo gallery, I dress Emo or Emo scene as sometimes it is called here. But just because one wears clothes in a certain way, it doesn't mean that one's attitude is the same as the said stereotype. For one, I have been told to just slit my wrist and die where it is never in my nature to do such a thing as it doesn't result in anything. I know I wear black everyday but that doesn't mean anything, its just a personal choice.

So do people really jump the gun and assume the worst just because you dress a certain way that is related to such things like self harm etcetera?

Like we never take the time to get to know another person because we jump the gun which might hurt the person because people just stereotype them and close their mind to thinking that stereotype is just a lie. Do people even take in other peoples feelings because of their style of clothing?

Please answer (questions underlined) and add your own views on the subject.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Stereotyped by style of clothing

Of course people judge others by appearance, even animals do that.
    There is nothing wrong with dressing a certain way but if you dress the same way as a lot of others, people tend to group you together. That's just the way it goes.

The only way to avoid being grouped together with others who dress the same way is not following any sort of fashion at all.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

First, let me say "Kudos," to Saz for the awesome topic! **Nice siggy, by the way!** Anywho...

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    So do people really jump the gun and assume the worst just because you dress a certain way that is related to such things like self harm etcetera?
    I've noticed an abundance of fashion haters these days. I fail to understand why people choose to treat others how they see fit based on the clothes they wear alone. What? We're past judjing people by their color and moving on to fashion prejudice? It's a pretty low level to stoop to, if ya ask me. I often dress Goth or Emo, but that doesn't make me any of those types of people. I've never cried over a girl I've only known for three months, I've never contemplated suicide, I've never gotten over emotional for irrational reasons and the world is only a dark place during the winter season.

Yet, people decide they want to shun me or make me an outcast due to the fact that I'm not sportin' new Jordans or wearin' a tall T-shirt that looks like a night gown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy
    Do people even take in other peoples feelings because of their style of clothing?
    People should really take the time to get to know others instead of just making assumptions about them! My step-dad always said to me you should never assume things, because it makes an ASS out of U and ME. And it's very true! I, for one, am growing tired of being treated like scum just because I don't look like you. Being unique is what makes life so great! If we wanna dress how we want, leave it at that! Get past the clothing and get in the person's head before you go spouting off things that probably are untrue.

Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Thanks

yepi get this alot caz im the emo thing but alot of peple think im seen or whatever thats im not shure what seen is to be honest well i dont care really what people call me every one has opinions about people even me i have opinions about people too all you do to its just how we are and its ever going to stop every one every whare is going to have opinions about how people look its just a way of life and no one is going to stop eany time soon and i think thats a fact too
    the one and only show that rocks my socks
    the one show that i cant live
    with out.

soul society will live on forever in the minds of its poeple!!!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    People should really take the time to get to know others instead of just making assumptions about them! My step-dad always said to me you should never assume things, because it makes an ASS out of U and ME. And it's very true! I, for one, am growing tired of being treated like scum just because I don't look like you. Being unique is what makes life so great! If we wanna dress how we want, leave it at that! Get past the clothing and get in the person's head before you go spouting off things that probably are untrue.
    I know what ever happened to "never judge a book by its cover". These days people base their opinions on how people dress. I mean I am a goth at heart but like the emo style. But Just because I dress emo, I get my fair share of verbal abuse. I won't change how I dress because then I will close to something I am not.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Thanks

yep i know what you mean sazzy but can some one tell me what seen means caz alot of pepole tell me im seen and i dont know what that means
    the one and only show that rocks my socks
    the one show that i cant live
    with out.

soul society will live on forever in the minds of its poeple!!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I know what ever happened to "never judge a book by its cover". These days people base their opinions on how people dress. I mean I am a goth at heart but like the emo style. But Just because I dress emo, I get my fair share of verbal abuse. I won't change how I dress because then I will close to something I am not.
    It's not 'these days' it's 'always'. We automatically judge people by appearance and scent. There's nothing recent about that, it has been that way forever.
    By saying you're 'goth at heart but dress emo' you are actually putting yourself into a specific category. If you do that you can't really expect others to not view you in this context as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazy canadin emo kid View Post
    yep i know what you mean sazzy but can some one tell me what seen means caz alot of pepole tell me im seen and i dont know what that means
    Its like when you pick up a book in a library and all you look at is the cover and never take the time to just read the first page or the synopsis on the back of the book. The same goes with people, We shouldn't be judged by what we wear without having the chance to talk to us before setting your opinion of us already.

Even as I walk down the street, I get dirty looks like I really stand out when there are plenty of Emo's around but they just look at me like I am a waste of space. I personally, always try to get to know people first and then decided on my opinion, because I respect people enough to make the chance to get to know them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast