+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stereotypes?

Newbie IEDred may be famous one day IEDred may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Stereotypes?

It's possible that people who drive under the speed limit are sccared to drive AT the speed limit becasue it's too fast-paced for them. But if so, they shouldn't even be on the road. I personally don't think that people who speed a lot should be on the road either including this dude...

http://date.heyfash.com

Fash is a strange puppet who shouldn't be driving like a maniac, especially if he's going on a date with Kristen Bell. She's defintiely hot in this clip, but why does she want to date Fash? It's kinda weird to me.

Otaku manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic's Avatar
    Thanks

i think steroe types are mostly based on fact from what peolpe see them selves or on the news like how black peolpe are so athletic

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    to me i honestly think it's by the way most people act of that ethnic race/culture.
    like in america, most people thinks blondes are dumb girls who dont know anything and open their legs up to anyone. (SOME OF MY BLONDE FRIENDS DO BUT SOME ARE VERY CONSERVATIVE) and the worst i think is the african american stereotype. they take a group of them and judge them on that particular gruop. i personally know how that feels.
    i hate that. just because im a certain race doesnt mean im an iggnoarnt unmannered person.

Thank you, took the words outa my mouth, the truth is most people here in the south were raised to beleive certain things, but people such as me were raised differently, and there for see no race when i see a person.

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

stereotypes are funny :P
    but yah who isn't you might think so but if you think white people can't jump or some random shit like that then ur a stereotype

stereotyping is fun for example

all black people can jump high and have huge lips
    all mexicans are stupid and get jobs americans don't want
    all white people love white bread and love.....coldplay....(lolz)
    all indian ppl own their own gas stations
    ^^^just a few for ppls enjoyment
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

all black people can jump high and have huge lips
    all mexicans are stupid and get jobs americans don't want
    all white people love white bread and love.....coldplay....(lolz)
    all indian ppl own their own gas stations
    Yeah u are right these are all perceptions that ppl covert into opinions/truths - O' by the way not all black ppl can jump high..the huge lips maybe but if u look at the new generation if we can call them that, they look more like the westeners i see it in the young ones here in SA.
    Thinner,Sofisticated,educated,some proper manners,Thin facial features.

Look at the Japanese and chinese the have always had the petite features the skinny bodies,miky soft skins,lovely hair and they are so misterious or they act that way.
    All chinese and Japanese ppl do martial arts

So yeah i recon if all the perception are in % true of a Race use it otherwise u just klinging to something someone else said.

Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Thanks

Everyone is different, once you start classifying people into groups then you're going to get idiotic stereotypes. I am part Native American, but my complection is Anglican so I get called "white" a lot even though my skin isn't white it's more of a tannish, peach, ivory color. Every problem comes from people classifying others into groups. I'm a human before I'm anything else. Human before I'm an American, an American before a male, and a male before I'm "white."

As far as they way simliar races of people acting go, stereotypes are just how people precieve the majority of the "group." Here is the stereotype for Mexicans. Where I'm at, there are Mexicans that work in construction and they do smell like burritos, now why is that? Simple, they are Mexicans working in America, they came here looking for a better life and they found it, construction is the fastest job to get into, and requires little to no experiance. "You're racist, you said they small like burritos." I know what I smell, it's not racist to tell the truth, and there is a scientific reason why they smell like that. "YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT" ever hear that? It's true, whatever you eat is broken up and absorbed into the body, the extra nutrients and calories that the body cannot absorb is passed out, either from urination or from sweat, the Mexicans here typically eat tacos and burritos with a lot of rice, these big meals cause a lot of excess nutrients to be passed out through sweat, and because they are in construction they are outside working hard and sweating. It's not them that smells like a burrito it's the sweat, and this is what causes their unjust stereotype.

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

Thank you for all your responses! The reason I asked this question is because going to the places I've gone you encounter a lot of stereotypes and it drives some people nuts, but I just say look at them and laugh!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

the huge lips maybe but if u look at the new generation if we can call them that, they look more like the westeners i see it in the young ones here in SA.
    Thinner,Sofisticated,educated,some proper manners,Thin facial features.
    Thats because most black people are mixed at least somewhat. The Thin facial features comes from that. A pure black is rare today. Most of those are immigrants from africa.

Sterotypes do come from some truths, its just foolish to beleive all ppl from a group are like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast