+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Subliminal Messages

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Subliminal Messages

History
    'Ok I will break down the history of subliminal messages. In 1900, Knight Dunlap, an American professor of psychology, flashed an "imperceptible shadow" to subjects while showing them a Mueller-Lyer illusion (two lines with pointed arrows at their ends which create an illusion of different lengths)'
    Audio Messages
    'Backmasking, an audio technique in which sounds are recorded backwards onto a track that is meant to be played forwards, produces messages that sound like gibberish to the conscious mind. People believe that our mind decodes these messages and causes violent acts following these messages, such as rock and roll killings, and drug overdoses.Many audio messages are deemed fake because of the lack of clarity the message has.
    Television and Video
    One Of The first tested subliminal messages used on television was used by police to capture the BTK Killer (Bind,Torture,Kill = BTK) and they used two frames of film to show an image of glasses and a sentence saying 'Time To Call The Chief'. Many television And Video messages are used to make people buy the companies products without really understanding why.
    Links
    Audio Messages - Stairway to Heaven Backwards
    Stimulating Images - Subliminal, Subliminal Message, Subliminal Advertising, Subliminal Records, subliminal advertisement, subliminal ads, Subliminal Picture, Subliminal Art, Subliminal Books, Subliminal CD, Subliminal Example, Subliminal Free, Subliminal Games, Sublimin
    Subliminal Commercial - Subliminal Advertising - Ice Cream Commercial Video - GOYK.COM
    Offensive Ads - Love Your Body: Offensive Ads
    Advertising Ads - Subliminal Advertising
    Check You Tube And Video Google For More

Do You Believe In Subliminal Messages, And If So, Are Their Affects Working On Us?
    Last edited by Raimann; Jan 29, 2007 at 06:10 PM.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Subliminal Messages

o man iv seen a movie with subliminal messages it was weard a little picture flashed every few seconds it drove me crazy not like that but i couldent watch it eny more it was giving me a head ake.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The thing is, studies have been done on the effectiveness of subliminal messages, and basically, they don't work...

Subliminal message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    o man iv seen a movie with subliminal messages it was weard a little picture flashed every few seconds it drove me crazy not like that but i couldent watch it eny more it was giving me a head ake.
    lol what movie?

ok there are actual reports from people saying they got seizures from subliminal messages on TV shows. The sound playing backards was a good idea but there are popel who are just so stupid that thier brains cant decode it {me = perfect image } i hear that most of these messages are meant to send people to get s certain kind of job that requires more people *comes very fast*navy** oh no! subliminal messages!

there was one guy in my class who made subliminal messages in his movie presentation. we all had to make a commercial on advertising and well, his subliminal message was:
    "lucas rocks"
    "be friends with lucas hes cool"
    rofl me and max laughed our asses off

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

One of my friends did her science project in 9th grade on subliminal messages... you watched a video, and during the video it had a subliminal message that told you to eat the green m&ms. After the video they told you to pick a colour of m&ms to have. It turned out blue was the most picked colour, then red, then green xD So yeah... obviously their experiment didn't work hehe
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    lol what movie?

ok there are actual reports from people saying they got seizures from subliminal messages on TV shows. The sound playing backards was a good idea but there are popel who are just so stupid that thier brains cant decode it {me = perfect image } i hear that most of these messages are meant to send people to get s certain kind of job that requires more people *comes very fast*navy** oh no! subliminal messages!

there was one guy in my class who made subliminal messages in his movie presentation. we all had to make a commercial on advertising and well, his subliminal message was:
    "lucas rocks"
    "be friends with lucas hes cool"
    rofl me and max laughed our asses off

lol yes matt
    and as matt was saying about the navy n gouvernment. Governments are often depicted as employing subliminal messages in propaganda. The movie Josie and the Pussycats described a long lasting plot whereby the U.S. government was controlling trends by inserting subliminal messages in popular music. Furthermore, towards the end of the film, a government agent shuts down the operation, saying that subliminal advertising works better in films. The words "Josie and the Pussycats is the best movie ever" are then spoken rapidly in voice-over and displayed quickly onscreen, with the words "Join The Army" in smaller letters below it. And in the 2005 science fiction movie Serenity, the Alliance uses subliminal messages broadly disseminated in commercials and other video to cause River Tam to go berserk. It only works on River because she was subjected to Alliance training and conditioning.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    lol what movie?
    i cant remmeber it, it was like 8 yrs a go when i seen the only things i can tell u it was a horror movie and i got it at blockbuster.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    lol yes matt
    and as matt was saying about the navy n gouvernment. Governments are often depicted as employing subliminal messages in propaganda. The movie Josie and the Pussycats described a long lasting plot whereby the U.S. government was controlling trends by inserting subliminal messages in popular music. Furthermore, towards the end of the film, a government agent shuts down the operation, saying that subliminal advertising works better in films. The words "Josie and the Pussycats is the best movie ever" are then spoken rapidly in voice-over and displayed quickly onscreen, with the words "Join The Army" in smaller letters below it. And in the 2005 science fiction movie Serenity, the Alliance uses subliminal messages broadly disseminated in commercials and other video to cause River Tam to go berserk. It only works on River because she was subjected to Alliance training and conditioning.

They are now making in fun of these subliminal messaging in cartoons and its actually quite enjoying but when you see how it is actually affecting people, its quite sad. the navy and army have no life

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    i cant remmeber it, it was like 8 yrs a go when i seen the only things i can tell u it was a horror movie and i got it at blockbuster.
    lol so then it was old hahahaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast