Closed Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Otaku itano123 is off to a good start itano123's Avatar
    Right behind the people that call me EMO with a knife
    Thanks

Re: Suicide

suicide is what i normaly think of someone weak hearted and dum but there are some times when they have nothing left or their dieing already and they can't live with the pain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to itano123 For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jul 12, 2009)

Newbie lilaznsun307 is off to a good start lilaznsun307's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not think that suicide is a solution to anything no matter what's going on in life. You may have your ups and your downs and you may hit rock bottom, but if you believe in yourself, than you can stand back up and live life.

Newbie Okysho is off to a good start Okysho's Avatar
    Thanks

Forgive me for playing the antagonist here, but there are those times where you just feel like your world has collapsed around you, that all your efforts have gone to waste and no matter how hard you've tried, you still haven't managed to yield any results... It can sometimes drive people to think those things, especially if you've been working on or at something for a very long time and still have virtually nothing to show for it...

The Shrine of Onykieto- Okysho's shrine - Anime and manga scenario
    Okysho Kenyaku - Seal of Fire

www. onykysho.com

Otaku Kuzalagloopagloop is off to a good start Kuzalagloopagloop's Avatar
    Thanks

if your going through something really excruciating like touchier then i can understand. like a dude levin a iron on your stomach. if its not something along those lines its not.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itano123 View Post
    suicide is what i normaly think of someone weak hearted and dum but there are some times when they have nothing left or their dieing already and they can't live with the pain
    Weak hearted and dying kind of mean the same thing. I hope.
    Idiocy on the other hand. . . I don't think you have to be 'dumb' to commit or contemplate suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by lilaznsun307 View Post
    I do not think that suicide is a solution to anything no matter what's going on in life. You may have your ups and your downs and you may hit rock bottom, but if you believe in yourself, than you can stand back up and live life.
    Life isn't like the "Little Engine That Could" (or whatever that story is called).

Side thought: if everyone wanted to live (for whatever reason they choose), and were able to continue living indefinitely, as long as they had that will to live (as you would prefer), we'd all die in really horrible fashions.

Quote Originally Posted by Okysho View Post
    Forgive me for playing the antagonist here, but there are those times where you just feel like your world has collapsed around you, that all your efforts have gone to waste and no matter how hard you've tried, you still haven't managed to yield any results... It can sometimes drive people to think those things, especially if you've been working on or at something for a very long time and still have virtually nothing to show for it...
    I can't believe I'm about to say this but . . . .
    From what you're saying it would appear as though most people don't really live now. You're saying that if at some point happiness leaves your life, suicidal feelings are justified. (You don't say whether or not you're against suicide but I'm assuming that for the sake of this post you can live with someone else killing themself.) In any event, it feels like your suggesting life isn't worth living if you're faced with adversity of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzalagloopagloop View Post
    if your going through something really excruciating like touchier then i can understand. like a dude levin a iron on your stomach. if its not something along those lines its not.
    In the politest manner I can: what the heck does this mean?
    It reads like something a very drunk person would write on a fortune cookie.

Newbie Okysho is off to a good start Okysho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    I can't believe I'm about to say this but . . . .
    From what you're saying it would appear as though most people don't really live now. You're saying that if at some point happiness leaves your life, suicidal feelings are justified. (You don't say whether or not you're against suicide but I'm assuming that for the sake of this post you can live with someone else killing themself.) In any event, it feels like your suggesting life isn't worth living if you're faced with adversity of some sort.
    I'm not really saying that the feelings are justified, I'm saying that they occur. You get tons of people all the time that say that kind of stuff if they're depressed and such, don't try and deny that, I"m sure you yourself have encountered people like that also.

And in some cases people are driven to the edge when they've lost a lot though whatever hardships they've encountered. People who commit suicide due to bullying, just bullying can sometimes have a great life at home, but that doesn't really stop them does it? A lot of kids, especially in Asia can work their asses off to try and get into University/College and get denied the acceptance because they didn't make the cut by 0.5% Many of them put a gun to their heads also.

I guess I got wrapped up in my own little spiel, yes I am against suicide, giving up on life is the lowest of low.

But just because we're against it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen...

The Shrine of Onykieto- Okysho's shrine - Anime and manga scenario
    Okysho Kenyaku - Seal of Fire

www. onykysho.com

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Okysho View Post
    I'm not really saying that the feelings are justified, I'm saying that they occur. You get tons of people all the time that say that kind of stuff if they're depressed and such, don't try and deny that, I"m sure you yourself have encountered people like that also.

And in some cases people are driven to the edge when they've lost a lot though whatever hardships they've encountered. People who commit suicide due to bullying, just bullying can sometimes have a great life at home, but that doesn't really stop them does it? A lot of kids, especially in Asia can work their asses off to try and get into University/College and get denied the acceptance because they didn't make the cut by 0.5% Many of them put a gun to their heads also.

I guess I got wrapped up in my own little spiel, yes I am against suicide, giving up on life is the lowest of low.

But just because we're against it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen...
    I'm not against it. YOU are.

And sure I've met people that are depressed, contemplate suicide, blah blah blah. I know those sorts of individuals exist.
    But whatever reason behind driving them to that particular point is theirs alone. I am no one to try and stop nor do I have any authority or credentials that make me certified to say that it is wrong and incorrect or right and correct.

It is not my place to judge people on these particular issues.
    Neither is it yours for that matter.

So what I'm trying to understand is how you can justify a statement such as "giving up on life is the lowest of low"
    And even if you have credentials and whatnot to give you some sort of authority on the issue, is it then also your place to try and stop someone and even if you wanted to could you.

Newbie Canti is off to a good start Canti's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Suicide isn't right altough many people think it is the easiest way to get rid of their problems but mostly they dont get rid of them they pass them on to other people and besides that if think its a waste of life that is a nearly divine thing noobody can really control besides of that man People will miss the person and if the problems in that persons life are really that bad the should try to find someone who can help them and not just shut off the outer world and try solving it on their own until they throw themselves from a roof top or something

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast