Closed Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Newbie Okysho is off to a good start Okysho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    I'm not against it. YOU are.

And sure I've met people that are depressed, contemplate suicide, blah blah blah. I know those sorts of individuals exist.
    But whatever reason behind driving them to that particular point is theirs alone. I am no one to try and stop nor do I have any authority or credentials that make me certified to say that it is wrong and incorrect or right and correct.

It is not my place to judge people on these particular issues.
    Neither is it yours for that matter.

So what I'm trying to understand is how you can justify a statement such as "giving up on life is the lowest of low"
    And even if you have credentials and whatnot to give you some sort of authority on the issue, is it then also your place to try and stop someone and even if you wanted to could you.

Woah now, no need to make accusations or get violent or anything.

I just said that I disapprove of suicide, that's my opinion. If you don't like it, suck it up. I think that someone who wants to completely give up on life is the all time low point. Why? because there really isn't any other way to describe the kinds of failure that is involved with giving up on life. It literally is failing at life because you didn't have what it took to get through it.

No I don't have credentials, but even if I did what the heck does that really even mean? Does it mean that if I'm a doctor or a shrink that I have the authority to tell someone to kill themselves or not? No, but as a regular person you still have the ability to make a difference in someone's life which can tip the scales from suicidal to not. Frankly, it's just so much easier to be sitting on the fence and say "whatever" and for what reason? Because you didn't go to school for an extra five years?

You don't need a PHD to help someone. That's pretty damn obvious. I'm starting to see your point less and less here.
    Okysho Kenyaku - Seal of Fire

www. onykysho.com

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Okysho View Post
    Woah now, no need to make accusations or get violent or anything.

I just said that I disapprove of suicide, that's my opinion. If you don't like it, suck it up. I think that someone who wants to completely give up on life is the all time low point. Why? because there really isn't any other way to describe the kinds of failure that is involved with giving up on life. It literally is failing at life because you didn't have what it took to get through it.

No I don't have credentials, but even if I did what the heck does that really even mean? Does it mean that if I'm a doctor or a shrink that I have the authority to tell someone to kill themselves or not? No, but as a regular person you still have the ability to make a difference in someone's life which can tip the scales from suicidal to not. Frankly, it's just so much easier to be sitting on the fence and say "whatever" and for what reason? Because you didn't go to school for an extra five years?

You don't need a PHD to help someone. That's pretty damn obvious. I'm starting to see your point less and less here.
    that's the second time in this thread someone's accussed me of being violent or hostile.
    I forsee myself posting in this thread some more in the future so
    I have very strong emotions and feelings. DO NOT take offense to them
    Hope that helps.

I think someone at a low point in life should be allowed to do whatever they feel is necessary. If suicide suits them . . . . so be it.

If you did have credentials . . . you'd obviously have insight and knowledge into the causes behind these thoughts and be better able to understand how to most effectively treat them since this what you'd probably do.

PS: I think I loss track of my point several posts ago

Thanks

that's the second time in this thread someone's accussed me of being violent or hostile.
    I forsee myself posting in this thread some more in the future so
    I have very strong emotions and feelings. DO NOT take offense to them
    Hope that helps.

I think someone at a low point in life should be allowed to do whatever they feel is necessary. If suicide suits them . . . . so be it.

If you did have credentials . . . you'd obviously have insight and knowledge into the causes behind these thoughts and be better able to understand how to most effectively treat them since this what you'd probably do.

PS: I think I loss track of my point several posts ago
    *epic sigh* well then now that we understand where the conversation stands, then let's end it with this.

Yes people can make the choice to commit suicide if the so feel, but overall one might think they deserve another chance to fix things. Like I said before, one person can make the difference. I personally wouldn't mind being the kind of person to tip the scales AWAY from death. Besides... other people attached to them get sad...

The Shrine of Onykieto- Okysho's shrine - Anime and manga scenario

www. onykysho.com

Otaku Kuzalagloopagloop is off to a good start Kuzalagloopagloop's Avatar
    Thanks

In the politest manner I can: what the heck does this mean?
    It reads like something a very drunk person would write on a fortune cookie.
    Man you got to stay messed up to stay on this forum. i was ****ed up to high hell when i typed that lol. Shit i am now To make it easy 4 you to understand if you have probable cause its ok but if you just kill your self cus someone at school is bulling you thats just weak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzalagloopagloop View Post
    Man you got to stay messed up to stay on this forum. i was ****ed up to high hell when i typed that lol. Shit i am now To make it easy 4 you to understand if you have probable cause its ok but if you just kill your self cus someone at school is bulling you thats just weak.
    You might think it's weak, but that shit DOES happen, and all too often. You ought to be more careful about the way you swing around serious subject like that

www. onykysho.com

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know but i don't think there is ever a reason that's enough for someone to throw away the one and only life that he/she got ,even if it was an excruciating permenant/semi-permenant pain you don't have to just give up and die ,if it's not allowed to end the life of others then who are you to decide when to end your "own"? I mean our souls are not even ours when our time comes ,our souls are just claimed back weather we like it or not.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate the thought of suicide. The person who does it may have some reason, but they should at least try to work through their problems.

Newbie fellhound001 is off to a good start fellhound001's Avatar
    Phillipsburg,ohio it north west of dayton
    Thanks

Some days i feel that i need to do suicide some days i don't and this is ture some times i want to kill myself.
    PLAYER KILLER

Don't get in my way or I'll kill you!

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast