Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    OK so i have thought and thought and thought about this is suicide acceptable? i mean it is portrayed as OK in so many anime and in real life it is both hated and liked and sometimes even accepted but really do you think it is OK??????
    Yeah but you got to remember something about suicide when it comes to anime, it is not real, yeah it might affect the story, but it is so not the same as real life. that is why some people are ok with suicide in anime because it doesn't affect you in real life, it may be sad or "noble" in a anime, but you will never meet that person in real life or interact with them or get to know them on a personal level like you would in real life. I knew a girl at my old high school, and one day in class we find out that she went to a park by her house climbed up the tree and hung herself on that tree ten minutes before class started (I started class at 7:00 am). their was nothing ok about that, her friends and her older sister where devastated by this event. Remember, when you go out their and kill yourself, you will not only be hurting yourself but everyone around you. Also in my religion, suicide is looked on a automatic go to hell card, but even with that, I have seen what it could do and why I will never think that suicide is ok, I think it is a pretty much a chicken#### thing to do and selfish to that person who thinks that the pain will end once they are dead.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

there was this TV show on back when i was younger called M.A.S.H
    the theme song was suicide is painless they removed the words from
    it for some reason im not sure why other than maybe it was about suicide.

its one of the things that i think that makes suicide seem like an option
    there was even DR. Kevorkian or DR. Death depending on who you ask things just
    seem so easy when suicide is on your mind plus people don't care for each other hardly
    i mean WHERE DID THE LOVE GO MAN!!! because if there was more support from
    others suicide wouldn't even be an issue.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Suicide is basically giving up on life thinking it will never get better. If someone commits suicide they will be born again and have to live life over again. It's like flunking school. Life is school. Everyone has to learn their lesson.

In anime there may be self-righteous suicide but they don't show the reality of suicide: you'll go back to being a baby in utero and face the same situation as before. If you didn't pass a life lesson before you'd have to repeat the same lesson over and over until you go to the next lesson. Live and learn.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to desxms For This Useful Post:

animangagrl2772 (Aug 04, 2009)

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I believe that suicide depends on the person.

To some it's cowardly to give up hope and not take life. Others feel that they felt they were hurting people around them. Some were pissed. And some feel that they were brave to stare death in the face.

I think that not all suicides go to hell. There is a difference between Romeo and Juliet and Hitler, you know? I think that humans were the ones that determined that suicides were damned and I honestly don't think that if there is a higher being that he judges you only on that.

So is it acceptable? Is it ever acceptable to kill anything, even if it is yourself? I don't think so. Does that alone make them a coward or a horrible person? Not in my eyes.

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Well I believe that suicide depends on the person.

To some it's cowardly to give up hope and not take life. Others feel that they felt they were hurting people around them. Some were pissed. And some feel that they were brave to stare death in the face.

I think that not all suicides go to hell. There is a difference between Romeo and Juliet and Hitler, you know? I think that humans were the ones that determined that suicides were damned and I honestly don't think that if there is a higher being that he judges you only on that.

So is it acceptable? Is it ever acceptable to kill anything, even if it is yourself? I don't think so. Does that alone make them a coward or a horrible person? Not in my eyes.

i totally agree with you until the whole coward thing i mean yea may be they felt all those things but that gives them no reason to take their own lives away. i mean there is so much to live for and they're going to cut it short because they had a few bad days?
    honestly i dont get it, but if thats what they wanna do i mean who are we to say if its right or wrong.

but in my eyes your gonna have some bad days and some good days. you just have to be willing to get through each day. one step at a time.
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose92 View Post
    i totally agree with you until the whole coward thing i mean yea may be they felt all those things but that gives them no reason to take their own lives away. i mean there is so much to live for and they're going to cut it short because they had a few bad days?
    honestly i dont get it, but if thats what they wanna do i mean who are we to say if its right or wrong.

but in my eyes your gonna have some bad days and some good days. you just have to be willing to get through each day. one step at a time.
    Well I agree but sometimes it isn't the choice of 'a couple bad days'. It's a lifetime of a abuse and drugs for some people.
    I would recommend Impulse by Ellen Hopkins for anyone who is interested in reasons for suicide beyond the vague shadow of 'couldn't deal with life' and 'is a coward'. Especially in the adolescent.

For example, rape and other abuse victims suffer their entire lives.(common knowledge). Some engage in hurtful behaviour(self mutilation, purposefully risky situations). Some have or develop other mental conditions previous found in the family, a part of the cycle of abuse, and some cannot take the unimaginable pain any longer.

It's not cowardly for someone who has had to deal with abuse, severe depression, substance abuse, and/or sexual violation to take their own life. It's the sometimes the only way they see to get out of it. Is it the right way? Of course not. But do they see it that way? No. They think clearly because they are blinded by the horrors of their past.

And that's not the only way suicide isn't cowardly, as I said, Romeo and Juliet died for each other. As seen in countless stories.(Basilisk, the Highway Man, etc)

The main way I see suicide as cowardly is when you think of consequences such as the Nazis. Killing themselves cause they knew they did horrid things and they'd be in some deep f**king shit later.

But it always depends on the person and the situation. Not all suicides are cowards, dumb, etc.

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

giving up life to me is something that a person has a right to do i mean shouldnt you have the right to commit suicide before say i dont know like doing drugs or driving drunk at least you are only taking your self out and no one else

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Suicide is murder with no chance at redeeming yourself. Pure and simple with no garnishes or excuses. Murder without redemption, period.

Thinking it only effects you is deluding yourself. Like everything else in life what we do effects others no matter how unimportant you (or someone else) may have convinced you you are. It's a lie and suicide traumatizes everyone around it.

Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    i mean it is portrayed as OK in so many anime
    Anime comes from Japan which has it's own culture and problems like any other, no culture is perfect.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 27, 2009)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast