Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    So you would have no problem with executing everyone in a maximum security prison? It would save a ton of money and with "6 billion+ people on this planet, a few less won't make a big difference."
    I wouldn't have any problem if they were all murderers and rapists. Actually it'd be better if they committed suicide. That'd be even cheaper.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

suicide is aculy not acepted in my religion (cathloic) if u commit suicide and are cathloic u can not be burried in a cathloic graveyard...thats why some people like to cover it up as if the person didnt commit suicide but personaly i think its wrong and who ever does it is a coword wanting to just give up life because they dont like there life if they want it to change they should change it and make it work i know lifes hard but u donno how it coud be if stayed and lived ur life....so personaly i think its wrong ...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    I wouldn't have any problem if they were all murderers and rapists.
    Why does it matter? If there is no such thing as the sanctity of life why give those crimes any precedent. After all the lives they have effected have no significance either. Maximum security prisons are for those who have proven that they won't abide by societal rules however. Since there is no sanctity of life just get ride of them whatever the crime. It's not like it matters and it decreases the population.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does it matter? If there is no such thing as the sanctity of life why give those crimes any precedent. After all the lives they have effected have no significance either. Maximum security prisons are for those who have proven that they won't abide by societal rules however. rs and it decreases the populatioSince there is no sanctity of life just get ride of them whatever the crime. It's not like it matten.
    I agree with all that except the part about the people whom they've effected. Even if you were sarcastic.
    I don't pity anyone who f**ks up other people, so I say to the gallows. Or suicide is cheaper.

But, as for the people who have been affected by it, I say if they want to commit suicide, it's their choice, whatever. I know people who have been abused, and they get counseling and live with it and survive. If they can't do that, I feel sorry for them, but they made their choice.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    I agree with all that except the part about the people whom they've effected. Even if you were sarcastic.
    I was being sarcastic from beginning to end not just that part. It's about consistency. If there is no "sanctity of life" then the victims lives don't matter either just whether or not societies rules are kept. If the victims matter it is because there is such a thing as sanctity of life and if there is then who are you to deny that sanctity? This is not about state sponsored capitol punishment it is about murder.

Suicide and picking a college is NOT the same thing. College, no college, is just one of many choices. Suicide/murder is removing all choice from an individual. Wrong is still wrong no matter how little you may care.

For the record, discussing whether or not you should kill yourself with your family and friends is one of the cruelest things you can do to someone other then carrying it out. There is NO SUCH THING as being reasonable about it. Get your head around that and get a clue. EVERYTHING you do effects others and NO ONE has the right to murder themselves, or for that matter anyone else.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 29, 2009)

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

so you are saying that any kinda of death is murder even if maybe an animal did it or they got the chair? I dont know i we let all those people live then all they do is get let out of prison and then most go muder again i belive that they should all die and any way is Jail for live muder too? because they are monitored by the jail watchers or whatever you call them...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    so you are saying that any kinda of death is murder even if maybe an animal did it or they got the chair?
    No, as many people here can tell you I have very different views concerning capitol punishment but my beliefs on the subject are based upon the sanctity of life not from dismissing it.

I am saying be consistent. If you believe that it is alright to kill yourself because there is no sanctity to life then you should also have no problem with others being killed for any reason. If you believe it is wrong for someone to murder another person then it is also wrong to murder yourself. Period. Murder is murder whether done by a stranger or yourself. Suicide is the worst kind of murder because once you are dead there is nothing you can do to repair the damage you have done.

Murder without redemption.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 29, 2009)

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

If you believe it is wrong for someone to murder another person then it is also wrong to murder yourself. Period. Murder is murder whether done by a stranger or yourself. Suicide is the worst kind of murder because once you are dead there is nothing you can do to repair the damage you have done.

Murder without redemption.
    Not to sound like a suck-up, but very wise words. I'm well aware you pretty much live for debates like these, so I'll keep my comments on that minimum. (Small to medium emphasis on 'live for').

But back on topic, You're absolutely right. There's nothing you can do if you kill yourself. That's the end. People mourn you, people cry over you, and there's NOTHING you can possibly do about it but feel like an idiot wherever you go after after life. And worse yet, after time, some people may even forget you. To quote a video game character (Silly yes, But I think it fits), "To be forgotten is worse than death." Of course that all depends on perspective as well. I personally wouldn't like being forgotten. But that's another subject, eh?

My final line: Suicide is the worst form of murder, anyone who does it...should feel guilty or something. It's just...terrible.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast