Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicide

Suicide is a fundamental human right. This does not mean that it is morally desirable. It only means that society does not have the moral right to interfere.

They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person. If someone wants to clip himself off, it's well within his rights to do so

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    OK so i have thought and thought and thought about this is suicide acceptable? i mean it is portrayed as OK in so many anime and in real life it is both hated and liked and sometimes even accepted but really do you think it is OK??????
    I am fine with suicide and individuals who commit the act.
    I see it as an individual taking their life into their own hands and doing what they want with it (in this case ending it).
    It is not up to anyone no matter how well they know the person or what the felt about the person to say it's right or wrong.

I should say that what happens in anime and real life are extremely different. Anime tend to be made up. Real life . . . isn't something you can fake.

Newbie nicoleantonia is off to a good start nicoleantonia's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't want anyone to commit suicide. In my younger teenage years it might have just been the hormones racing and everything, but I was suicidal, and I honestly still suffer from depression. It's become a daily struggle, but something I deal with. I'm fearing its starting to take over my life again, however.

Anyway, because of my past, which also includes self injury and other damaging habits like doing drugs and drinking, I want my life's work to be to help people who feel they are alone and have no way out. I'm devoted to being apart of organizations like TWLOHA and Hopeline or Lifeline, and use my studies in photography and my hobby in writing as vehicles to further the cause.

Whether its right or wrong doesn't matter to me. What matters it giving someone the chance to start helping themselves and give them a chance to live again.

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen View Post
    Suicide is a fundamental human right. This does not mean that it is morally desirable. It only means that society does not have the moral right to interfere.

They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person. If someone wants to clip himself off, it's well within his rights to do so
    that's exactly where i stand in a world where murder is not OK but preformed like a household chore suicide is the same murder or not it may not be a right but it is done whether we like it or not and to tell you the truth if you surround yourself with people that DON'T want to die then you should be fine to live your life with out the nonsense and troubles of somebody canning themselves if they want to live then then YAY but if not then oh well let them be free!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen View Post
    Really? Based on what? I have seen a lot of documents outlining basic fundamental human rights and I don't believe I have ever seen that one included. Usually it is rather "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness", I don't see a right to die in there... funny that. Maybe you know a source I don't though.

Source please. I want the document or source of this hertofor unknown "right".

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

i know that suiside may seam like the the onli chose when tings go bad but dont freat it will all turn out for the best for example if your girl leaves you dont kill your self like the saying goes thers more fish in the sea

Newbie nicoleantonia is off to a good start nicoleantonia's Avatar
    Thanks

I also think people take things to the extreme, as pointed out by Trojan... "I'm going to kill myself" is used to flippantly in our society in every aspect. There are people who literally use the suicide card to manipulate others into doing what they want them to do. I have a friend who always buys into that because she's too nice...

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleantonia View Post
    I also think people take things to the extreme, as pointed out by Trojan... "I'm going to kill myself" is used to flippantly in our society in every aspect. There are people who literally use the suicide card to manipulate others into doing what they want them to do. I have a friend who always buys into that because she's too nice...
    Same thing goes with the "I'm gonna kill you." phrase. People are scared that some psycho might actually do that. Emotions drive a person's thoughts, do they not?
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast