+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide: acceptable or not?

Newbie sarcosuchus is off to a good start sarcosuchus's Avatar
    Thanks

Suicide: acceptable or not?

Here is another human behavior that confuse me, suicidal; suicidal is the equivalent of murder except you do it to yourself I am just wondering If we should accept people who do that since life is a very special gift that god give us then they will just take it away. You what is your opinion?
    sarcosuchus bite

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicider: acceptable or not?

well tbh i think they just want to stop living not everyone has a good life...but in my religion (roman catholic) aprently u cant be barred in a cathoic gave yard of u commit suacide.. but i think alest once in someones lke they will have that though in there head

but then again its a cawords way out...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to equinn For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Oct 10, 2008), Scourge (Oct 08, 2008)

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

psh....

personally i think most just give up on the battles of life...they just want to stop fighting, life, its not easy and can be very very tough, depending on where you live, and where your from...
    but I c people living in NYC or sumthing, jumping off of buildings and stuff like that, propbably saying to themselves, that they cant take whatever is going on ne more....

but look in Africa, where most starvation is coming from, diseases and such...those people give life a great value...so what im saying is that, most suicidals just dont realize how valuable and meaningful life really is...also check the suicide ratings....

not to be racial, but white men and women, which, may i say, overall are doing better money wise, and not living in proverty so much compared to african-americans..
    have a higher suicide rate than african-americans. So why else would a white man be more likely to die by suicide than a black man you might say?
    well other than what ive said about not valuing life to the fullest, i c no other reason

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anime_being_god For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Oct 10, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I can understand why they would feel that way. When I was uber depressed I felt like ending it and tried several times but never going through with it because I always felt that something was missing and I was hell bent on finding out what that was. Not to mention life just kept throwing crap my way and was literally like life was against me... And the fact I have a chemical imbalance. But times have changed, I found out what I was missing and I found it and it showed me how to deal with my problem... But then I lost it, but like I said I am hell bent on finding it again... For those who don't know I am talking about having a partner and love. So I can understand where they are coming from, the problem are those who don't want to do anything about it or feel like they can't, which I have felt and I will say THAT IS COMPLETELY UTTERLY NOT TRUE!!!!!!!! They talk about how life is pain and misery and blah blah dribble dribble when in reality they have not done anything to pull their asses out of the little hole they are in and thus when they see people happy they think it's all fake and that existence is all about pain, another words a living hell when it's simply because they are envious and they want to end it because they feel like they will never have what other people have or feel. But they can get out of the rut they are in by simply trying, and I mean giving it your all kind of trying, non of this half ass garbage. Well ok that didn’t work, are you going to go in the corner and sulk and cut your self? Hell no!! It means you get up off your butt and try again, and again, and again, and again, until it does work, until you find your place, until you find the right girl/guy, until you find the right friends. Some people when they find out everything to be happy yet they simply revert back to their old hole in the ground. Why you ask? Because they are scared, and that hole is their safety blanket because that is what they are use to and the only reason why they don't want to change is because they are scared to. So you guys are right. Comiting suicide is a cowards way out of things. I mean yeah I feel horrible when I hear some one who takes their own life, it's really sad, but at the same time I am like, how puthetic.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I can understand why they would feel that way. When I was uber depressed I felt like ending it and tried several times but never going through with it because I always felt that something was missing and I was hell bent on finding out what that was. Not to mention life just kept throwing crap my way and was literally like life was against me... And the fact I have a chemical imbalance. But times have changed, I found out what I was missing and I found it and it showed me how to deal with my problem... But then I lost it, but like I said I am hell bent on finding it again... For those who don't know I am talking about having a partner and love. So I can understand where they are coming from, the problem are those who don't want to do anything about it or feel like they can't, which I have felt and I will say THAT IS COMPLETELY UTTERLY NOT TRUE!!!!!!!! They talk about how life is pain and misery and blah blah dribble dribble when in reality they have not done anything to pull their asses out of the little hole they are in and thus when they see people happy they think it's all fake and that existence is all about pain, another words a living hell when it's simply because they are envious and they want to end it because they feel like they will never have what other people have or feel. But they can get out of the rut they are in by simply trying, and I mean giving it your all kind of trying, non of this half ass garbage. Well ok that didn’t work, are you going to go in the corner and sulk and cut your self? Hell no!! It means you get up off your butt and try again, and again, and again, and again, until it does work, until you find your place, until you find the right girl/guy, until you find the right friends. Some people when they find out everything to be happy yet they simply revert back to their old hole in the ground. Why you ask? Because they are scared, and that hole is their safety blanket because that is what they are use to and the only reason why they don't want to change is because they are scared to. So you guys are right. Comiting suicide is a cowards way out of things. I mean yeah I feel horrible when I hear some one who takes their own life, it's really sad, but at the same time I am like, how puthetic.
    yeah. i agree.

People just act like theres nothing they can do, they just give up on trying to make things better, they're quitters...you just cant allow depression to get the best if you...give a meaning to life.

and ur right, it is really sad. a lot of times someone just needs someone to talk to them about it....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anime_being_god For This Useful Post:

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Being suicidal, has less to do with quality of life, and more to do with your psychy. It isn't whats going on with a person... so much as it is how they PERCIEVE whats going on. And there is also the rare cases when suicide is brought on by physical suffering as well.

It doesn't take much to warp your perception. It is a quite commonly experienced symptom of depression. I dont believe there is any one person that is above being suicidal... they just may never have an experience that warps their perception of LIVING to that degree. But if you dont think it could happen to you.... you're probably wrong. Although... many people arent emotionaly sensitive enough to percieve life as unliveable because of depression, or any emotion... Some people would have to be enduring some type extreme torture to get to that point. For others... it could be as easy as being rejected by peers.

As for people who sucessfully take their own lives...How do we "accept" them? I mean.... aren't they dead? Im sure they dont care weather what they've done was acceptable. If they do care... there is certainly nothing that can be done now. At the same time, once the act is commited, what choice do we have but to accept it?

My personal stance on suicide.... is that it is selfish. And, it is an easy way out. While it may provide in out for one persons suffering... It makes anyone who cared about them, into the REAL victims... But that is only in some cicumstances. If my mother were suffering from a terminal illness... You better believe I would support her if she wanted to end it.
    ... Not Ever Again...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Oct 10, 2008), Scourge (Oct 08, 2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Being suicidal, has less to do with quality of life, and more to do with your psychy. It isn't whats going on with a person... so much as it is how they PERCIEVE whats going on. And there is also the rare cases when suicide is brought on by physical suffering as well.

It doesn't take much to warp your perception. It is a quite commonly experienced symptom of depression. I dont believe there is any one person that is above being suicidal... they just may never have an experience that warps their perception of LIVING to that degree. But if you dont think it could happen to you.... you're probably wrong. Although... many people arent emotionaly sensitive enough to percieve life as unliveable because of depression, or any emotion... Some people would have to be enduring some type extreme torture to get to that point. For others... it could be as easy as being rejected by peers.

As for people who sucessfully take their own lives...How do we "accept" them? I mean.... aren't they dead? Im sure they dont care weather what they've done was acceptable. If they do care... there is certainly nothing that can be done now. At the same time, once the act is commited, what choice do we have but to accept it?

My personal stance on suicide.... is that it is selfish. And, it is an easy way out. While it may provide in out for one persons suffering... It makes anyone who cared about them, into the REAL victims... But that is only in some cicumstances. If my mother were suffering from a terminal illness... You better believe I would support her if she wanted to end it.
    I think your very right when saying suicide is a selfish act...because it really is, making your family members suffer the lost of a loved one, and on top of that making them feel as if they were worthless because you wouldnt come to them to seek help.

But this is by no means the case for every suicide, Ive been reading on some suicide forums and when people are talking about suicide, they address it as if it were not a problem at all, they were even people discussing how to commit suicide in differents ways wanting to make it look like a natural death so that their family might not suffer as much from grief. They simply look at life as if were a joke.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anime_being_god For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Nov 06, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    I think your very right when saying suicide is a selfish act...because it really is, making your family members suffer the lost of a loved one, and on top of that making them feel as if they were worthless because you wouldnt come to them to seek help.

But this is by no means the case for every suicide, Ive been reading on some suicide forums and when people are talking about suicide, they address it as if it were not a problem at all, they were even people discussing how to commit suicide in differents ways wanting to make it look like a natural death so that their family might not suffer as much from grief. They simply look at life as if were a joke.
    Well, no suicide or life should be considered a joke, but at least people do put some thought into it. It's a little nice to see some people care about their families and friends enough to make it seem like it wasn't self inflicted.

And at what Peach said, yes, i agree that perception is mainly the root of the act itself. Some one could have a great life and have a bright future, but something in their past may have triggered a very dark outlook, for instance a divorce or some sort of rape. Now this may very well lead to the "now there is no hope" kind of deal, and consequently may also lead to the self inflicted death of the individual.

But to answer the original question, is it acceptable? I cannot answer that, for who really has the power to say that such a deep concept is acceptable or not?
    Why hello there!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Nov 06, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast