+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide: acceptable or not?

The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

yeha right now i feel like i could go get a knife and kill myself but i'm not cause i am getting help with it so don't worry
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

Im not worried, but that feeling to me is just plain idiocy. Killing yourself is just a waste of yours, your families, and your friends time. You are remembered for what you did, then your just a memory, thats all. Just plain pointless.
    fear the reaper

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

Quote Originally Posted by demonicloud View Post
    Im not worried, but that feeling to me is just plain idiocy. Killing yourself is just a waste of yours, your families, and your friends time. You are remembered for what you did, then your just a memory, thats all. Just plain pointless.
    What about those who feel they are burdened with the life their parents gave them? They wish they never had been born? Its not a waste of time if its time you never wanted to begin with, but are stuck with and are now left to deall with.

And so what if you are remembered for what you did or didnt do? You can say the same of anyone who died of natural causes.

Whats so bad about suicide anyway?
    Your taking your life in your own hands and doing what you want with it.
    Its your right and no one elses.

Right to die.
    Just do what you want.
    F*** the rest.

(dont get me wrong, if you need help, by all means get it.)
    Yay-yea?

Newbie midnight mistress is off to a good start midnight mistress's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    with what money?
    if were talking about kids especially, they have no income,
    sorry i forget some countries dont have free health insurance, but there are some people who do pro-bono work.

as for "Whats so bad about suicide anyway?
    Its your right and no one elses."

we say its wrong to murder, so how can we say it's right to kill yourself, it's basically the same thing. Also your going against every natural instinct in your body, alse your parents who went through pain and suffering to bring you into this world. For me suicide is the biggest disrespect someone can show/do.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Like what midnight mistress has said "before we say its wrong to murder, so how can we say it's right to kill yourself." What I find ironic and hypocritical is that I remember a few months back there was a thread on how people felt on the death sentence for criminals... So many were against and many people for it (I was for it but that’s besides the point), but what I am getting at here is that I have seen people here who are against the death sentence for criminals even those who clearly deserve it but are now saying it's ok to kill one's self. And I will use the same excuse those anti-death penalty have use against us prose for this thread... "It's still murder."
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Nov 04, 2008)

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight mistress View Post
    sorry i forget some countries dont have free health insurance, but there are some people who do pro-bono work.

as for "Whats so bad about suicide anyway?
    Its your right and no one elses."

we say its wrong to murder, so how can we say it's right to kill yourself, it's basically the same thing. Also your going against every natural instinct in your body, alse your parents who went through pain and suffering to bring you into this world. For me suicide is the biggest disrespect someone can show/do.
    Murder is killing someone against their will.
    Which is why assisted suicide is not considered murder (unless deemed illegal by the host country) and is called euthanasia. (sp?)

Some peoples instincts drive them to suicide, like impulses.
    Just becuase someone went thru pain and suffering for you, doesnt always mean they wanted to. So many chioldren are accidents, and someones many irresponsible adults have to deal with.

And what about an orphaned child with no family or freinds?
    One who has no one to show disrespect too, is it still disrespectfull?
    (ha that sounds like "if a tree falls and no one there is to hear it fall, does it make a sound?")
    Yay-yea?

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

Sure, taking your life into your own hands by taking it in general does sound free and mature, but its stupid.

If you dont leave anything behind, people will just be burdened by it and wonder why you did it.

Why do it in the first place? Im not gonna try and convince you to change your mind, did it before and was disappointed when they killed themselves anyway. You wanna kill yourself feel free.
    fear the reaper

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Murder is killing someone against their will.
    Which is why assisted suicide is not considered murder (unless deemed illegal by the host country) and is called euthanasia. (sp?)
    Incorrect. Murder is killing someone illegally. It's a legal term like manslaughter. Hence if "assisted suicide" is illegal it is murder. Euthanasia was simply a word that meant a painless death and is synonymous with the phrase "mercy killing". The difference is that mercy killing has always been associated with people and euthanasia has traditionally been associated with animals. So is you are involved in "euthanasia" you are in reality putting someone down not assisting in "suicide".

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast