+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide: acceptable or not?

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Incorrect. Murder is killing someone illegally. It's a legal term like manslaughter. Hence if "assisted suicide" is illegal it is murder. Euthanasia was simply a word that meant a painless death and is synonymous with the phrase "mercy killing". The difference is that mercy killing has always been associated with people and euthanasia has traditionally been associated with animals. So is you are involved in "euthanasia" you are in reality putting someone down not assisting in "suicide".
    All you did was repeat the essence of my explanation.

O_.

seriously.
    Yay-yea?

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well the fact still remains that most of us are for and the rest are against, I just feel that if you have lost enough to laugh at killing yourself and have it in the back of your mind your a lost cause.
    fear the reaper

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonicloud View Post
    Well the fact still remains that most of us are for and the rest are against, I just feel that if you have lost enough to laugh at killing yourself and have it in the back of your mind your a lost cause.
    OMG, someone just called me a lost cause over again in the same thread i believe. Or same topic. Either way, im not explaining this again.

Anyway, lost cause or no, its all a matter of opinion.

Just becuase the majority are against it doesnt mean the majority are right.

For instance, a majority of people thought a select few were witches and therefore tortured and killed innocent people.

Hence the Salem Witch Trials.

Majority ruling, isnt always correct.
    Human error.
    Yay-yea?

Thanks

Im not saying your right or your wrong, but not all of us are for suicide, and we think that human life is important, and if your willing to just throw it away like it isnt, then what good are they if they think that killing themselves will just happen without any real consequences?
    fear the reaper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonicloud View Post
    Im not saying your right or your wrong, but not all of us are for suicide, and we think that human life is important, and if your willing to just throw it away like it isnt, then what good are they if they think that killing themselves will just happen without any real consequences?
    But saying someone is a lost cause is not being any better than them.
    It not only means theyve given up, but that youve given up as well.

What message does that send a suicidal person?

Watever chance that person had may be extinguished by people like you calling them lost causes.

Extinguishing hope.

Maybe its not their fault for being how they are?
    You wouldnt know.
    They cant help it.

And seriously, there are no consequences for people who commit suicide,
    becuase theyll be dead.

Suicide is illegal, but guess what, unlike any other crime, you cant be punished for commiting suicide.

Its unheard of.

Its more like the consequences fall on those who refused to help, people who say things like "lost cause".

(not to say there wont be innocent bystanders who had no clue. but hey s*it happens.)

And for who ever says that its not right that people decide to die and not let others no why, alot of people do. They often leave suicide notes.

But if they dont, it may often be becuase they dont care enough of you to leave a msg, becuase they didnt have time, or they just wanted to spite you.

It could be a number of reasons. But they dont always have to be bad.

It may be becuase they no longer wanted their existence to be of any memory to anyone.

This may sound cruel, but some people just need to get over themselves.
    They died not you. They chose to end their life therefore it is not a waste.

Its how they decided to deal with things.

Say what you want, calling anyone a coward or selfish isnt gonna make anything better.

Often, how could you understand?
    Even if you were once suicidal or are suicidal yourself,
    doesnt mean everyone like that is like you.

There are differences.
    Accept it.

Or not.

It makes no difference.
    Yay-yea?

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a severe suicidal streak, and ive learned alot of things when i tell people about it.
    When i get a reaction like its wrong for me to be like this, i want to tell them alot of things, and it usually make people mad when i say them.
    when someone basically says im a lost cause....well it just proves something about those people...

i still help out others who tell me about their problems ive gone through as best i can. In the end if they decide they dont want to live, thats their choice and nobody elses.

Hey i try my best to help them out and get through their rough times into another life with something better to look forward to, but it just didnt work out that way. It doesnt mean i group all the rest of them into the same heard and let them all jump off that cliff if they want that help.

theres plenty of reasons for someone to be the way they are, and what they do. Sometimes that doesnt always get through and they get ignored with a serious problem, because they get bunched into that group.

Our society today points the finger alot at other things or people, but when you know someone is doing someting harmful to themselves and you do nothing about it, its says something more on your charater, than on the person who actually did it.

people always say there's an expection to something or someone? so why do others forget that. Im one, so what about they others who want to be like me?

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

7. The Following User Says Thank You to clover For This Useful Post:

Rook (Nov 09, 2008)

Thanks

Talking Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    i have a severe suicidal streak, and ive learned alot of things when i tell people about it.
    When i get a reaction like its wrong for me to be like this, i want to tell them alot of things, and it usually make people mad when i say them.
    when someone basically says im a lost cause....well it just proves something about those people...

i still help out others who tell me about their problems ive gone through as best i can. In the end if they decide they dont want to live, thats their choice and nobody elses.

Hey i try my best to help them out and get through their rough times into another life with something better to look forward to, but it just didnt work out that way. It doesnt mean i group all the rest of them into the same heard and let them all jump off that cliff if they want that help.

theres plenty of reasons for someone to be the way they are, and what they do. Sometimes that doesnt always get through and they get ignored with a serious problem, because they get bunched into that group.

Our society today points the finger alot at other things or people, but when you know someone is doing someting harmful to themselves and you do nothing about it, its says something more on your charater, than on the person who actually did it.

people always say there's an expection to something or someone? so why do others forget that. Im one, so what about they others who want to be like me?
    Exactly.

More or less along the lines of what ive been trying to get across.
    Yay-yea?

Thanks

Well, if thats how you feel, I accept how I think and you accept how you think, cant change it.

But to those willing to kill themselves, look for a reason to live, there might be some reason, maybe those you left behind might actually care what you do with yourselves, just take a little longer and actually think past you own problems.]

Thats all.
    fear the reaper

10. The Following User Says Thank You to demonicloud For This Useful Post:

Rook (Nov 12, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast