+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide: acceptable or not?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    i dont really care, because its different for everyone, and how long they have been doing or attempting something like this.
    while some people scoff at others who are suicidal, they dont know a whole story and think its from a dumb reason when it could be from something way beyond their knowing. Most suicidal people have severe depression, or the like, and sometimes meds, and theropy doesnt help. Everyone makes their own choices and if this is what they chose to do then its really nobodies business.

but while the emo trend has reappeared it makes life harder for the people who really need the help. It is harder because now its not taken seriously as it should be for alot of people why some people are just wanting attention, and following a trend.

alot of cultures veiw suicide as a honerable death, rather than somwething to frown upon, especially if it for national pride, or honor in ones self.
    Very true. This whole EMO trend scoffs at those who really need help and it makes it even more difficult and frustrating for those to get it. As you said, no one will take them seriously.
    Also, yes there are many different reasons. Take my self for example and the things I listed as to how it was for me that I summed up in a nut shell. It's should also be noted that I was like that for 19 years before I met my ex which from there my attitude, perception, my thinking, all of that changed and, I learned how to cope with the chemical imbalance in my noodle that made me so depressed. I will admit it's very difficult some times but that’s when I try even harder to not fall back into that hole as it's very easy to. I am now 21.
    As for the honorable death by suicide, is true that with in cultures it is seen as honorable, how ever, the word honor is a word to easily manipulate to justify ones actions, even to commit horrible acts. A good example of this is terrorist suicide bombers or the Japanese kamikaze in WWII. It's a waste really. Also those who believe the only way to regain their honor is by killing them selves to remove the shame on them selves and or family/what ever... If you think about it, wouldn’t it be even more honorable to face the problem and work your ass off to remove the smudge by proving people wrong? Because after all, life is hard, death is easy.
    So regardless if its tradition, or because of depression and any other reason, suicide by any means for almost any reason is still a cowards way.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Otra vez con esto?

I would never accept this. If god & your parents gave you life on this earth, Why take it away. It's a gift. People who do suicide, I simply don't understand. Sure life gets hard but thats why it's called life && [[the real world]]. Not everything is jolly and candy.
    Yeah, Bye.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    Well, in my point of veiw, I don't exsactly aprove it, but I can understand WHY they would want to commit suicide...

I mean, I used to want to before, but I never really had the courage too lol ^^' So, well, I can understand where people who feel like that are coming from. I mean, it isn't selfish to feel pain and misery and want to end it all. I think it's understandable, just that instead of just ending it, you should like get help or something. Because sometimes people who are suicidle don't realise there IS someone that cares, so yeah. That's why I let my friends know I care for them, so hopefully they'll be okay...but, yeah.

That's just how I see it in my veiw, though there are probably people who see it much diffrently. ^^

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????

WHAT?

I didnt just read what i think i read, did i?

what do u mean courage? suicide has nothing to do with courage, its a selfish act that is cowardice, not courage at all. I think its kinda dangerous to think of suicide as same as courage.

its selfish because there r others who hold your life dear, as much as they hold their own lives, like your family.

and theres always someone out there to give help to a situation like that

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anime_being_god For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Oct 10, 2008)

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, well, I didn't say it was all about courage...you kinda misunderstood me. that part was just for me, because I started thinking about my family and friends and blah blah blah so that's why I didn't do it. That's what I really meant...

And, well, I don't think it's about selfishness, because alot of people think about suicide alot...and I don't blame them for thinking it, just as long as the don't do it. They should get help or something...but I seriously do not think they are being selfish...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Suicide is for those who think they can't handle it, but in reality everyone can.

I don't accept it, but I don't condem them either.

I got to see my mother in the hospital after she attempted suicide. Shortly after my brother was admitted to a hospital to help him cope, because they were afraid he would kill himself (but not because of the mother thing). I myself considered suicide many times, but was to worried of the effect it would have had on others.

Our mother was selfish, and a drug addict. It wasn't the first time she attempted suicide either. One of the men she was with always beat my brother and I. He beat my brother more because he was a boy, but she thought the man was only beating her. Her ignorance caused us such pain. A man she didn't really know was invited to our house once when I still lived with her. He was a sick man, in which i was glad my little sister was just a baby. Those sort of things have effects on you when you get older, and many people are pushed to their limit even in their dreams. Suicide for them, they come to think, is their only escape.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkened_Star For This Useful Post:

anime_being_god (Oct 09, 2008), Scourge (Oct 10, 2008)

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkened_Star View Post
    Suicide is for those who think they can't handle it, but in reality everyone can.

I don't accept it, but I don't condem them either.

I got to see my mother in the hospital after she attempted suicide. Shortly after my brother was admitted to a hospital to help him cope, because they were afraid he would kill himself (but not because of the mother thing). I myself considered suicide many times, but was to worried of the effect it would have had on others.

Our mother was selfish, and a drug addict. It wasn't the first time she attempted suicide either. One of the men she was with always beat my brother and I. He beat my brother more because he was a boy, but she thought the man was only beating her. Her ignorance caused us such pain. A man she didn't really know was invited to our house once when I still lived with her. He was a sick man, in which i was glad my little sister was just a baby. Those sort of things have effects on you when you get older, and many people are pushed to their limit even in their dreams. Suicide for them, they come to think, is their only escape.
    I can understand some things about suicide that can make someone feel as if that was the only thing they could do to rid of the pain they might hold, or what ever the reason might be...
    but in most cases, there is almost always someone out there that is having it harder and tougher than you are, and their not out killing themselves...so i mean there is really no excuses to, if you into religion, its also considered a sin.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anime_being_god For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Oct 10, 2008)

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I used to see suicide as a cowardice thing, but I've had a few experiences in life that had made me think other wise. I view those who are thinking of suicide the same as I seen those who a sick. 'Depression' is a disease and should be treated as such, generally (but I know not always) those who commit suicide are those suffering from depression and were unable to get help, or felt no help was given. I feel that saying that suicide is cowardice or the 'easy way out' just makes it harder for those who have toyed with the idea harder for them to get help. I mean if society views suicide as cowardice - who's wants to tell anyone that they've got problems and be seen as just that? simply for having thoughts or even attempted it?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to _gwenibe_ For This Useful Post:

anime_being_god (Oct 10, 2008)

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know. I just think the suicidal person should get help instead of just killing themselves. I get depressed sometimes,but my life isn't that bad. If the person is too crazy to get help oh well....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast