+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 144

Thread: Suicide: acceptable or not?

  1. #25
    Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    with my hobby in corpus christi
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Very true. This whole EMO trend scoffs at those who really need help and it makes it even more difficult and frustrating for those to get it. As you said, no one will take them seriously.
    Also, yes there are many different reasons. Take my self for example and the things I listed as to how it was for me that I summed up in a nut shell. It's should also be noted that I was like that for 19 years before I met my ex which from there my attitude, perception, my thinking, all of that changed and, I learned how to cope with the chemical imbalance in my noodle that made me so depressed. I will admit it's very difficult some times but that’s when I try even harder to not fall back into that hole as it's very easy to. I am now 21.
    As for the honorable death by suicide, is true that with in cultures it is seen as honorable, how ever, the word honor is a word to easily manipulate to justify ones actions, even to commit horrible acts. A good example of this is terrorist suicide bombers or the Japanese kamikaze in WWII. It's a waste really. Also those who believe the only way to regain their honor is by killing them selves to remove the shame on them selves and or family/what ever... If you think about it, wouldn’t it be even more honorable to face the problem and work your ass off to remove the smudge by proving people wrong? Because after all, life is hard, death is easy.
    So regardless if its tradition, or because of depression and any other reason, suicide by any means for almost any reason is still a cowards way.

    i also have that chemical imbalance that makes it all the harder some days. Im taking the strongest medication they have and sometimes that doesnt help, why generally im a happy person theres just those days.
    Ive also had this since i was a child along with bi-polar, so when people tell me in the wrong for something ive had a problem with for a long time,and im just a deperate emo kid, its understandable why i would be offened at times. Its also always nice to have people take it seriously and not just blow me off.

    Anyway that a good point, but in the old days it was better to kill yourself than be captured and all your posseions go to your captor. Then there are the people who abuse that and make it all into something thats not right, why it is better to stick it out and make life the most you can theres alot of people who think it would be better to just be gone, and out of the way instead of telling the same story over and over and be ignored about a serious problem that they have. and i agree it is a cowards way out, but when people tell you your just a dumb kid wanting attention.......well somethings just happen when it could have been helped

    ..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clover For This Useful Post:

    awesomeparty12 (Oct 10, 2008), Scourge (Oct 10, 2008)

  3. #26
    Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts

    Arrow Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????

    WHAT?

    I didnt just read what i think i read, did i?

    what do u mean courage? suicide has nothing to do with courage, its a selfish act that is cowardice, not courage at all. I think its kinda dangerous to think of suicide as same as courage.

    its selfish because there r others who hold your life dear, as much as they hold their own lives, like your family.

    and theres always someone out there to give help to a situation like that
    Put yourself in someones else position for once.
    Someone who is about to commit suicide,
    but could you go thru it?

    Can u build the courage to overdose knowing you may not wake up ever again?
    To cut thru a major artery bleeding out, losing conciounsness while the blood melts away from your brain?

    Could you really kill yourself and still think its an easy and cowardly way out?


    Try it, tell me how easy it was.

    People often talk thru their ass without
    actually knowing the facts.

    Ignorance damages.
    Yay-yea?

  4. #27
    The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    my mind crawls wih eagerness
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 72 Times in 67 Posts

    Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Put yourself in someones else position for once.
    Someone who is about to commit suicide,
    but could you go thru it?

    Can u build the courage to overdose knowing you may not wake up ever again?
    To cut thru a major artery bleeding out, losing conciounsness while the blood melts away from your brain?

    Could you really kill yourself and still think its an easy and cowardly way out?


    Try it, tell me how easy it was.

    People often talk thru their ass without
    actually knowing the facts.

    Ignorance damages.
    i agree i tried commiting suicide and i couldn't go through with it cuase i wimped out so don't try saying it is a cowards waty cuase it is hard to do
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

  5. #28
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

    Trust me Rook, I have been there several times as well as some of my friends and I can tell you that courage has nothing to do with it. It's your basick instink to servive and the thought of other people and how they will inevitibly feel if you go through with it is what provents people from succeding with the act the magority of the times. Those that succed are those deluded enough to shove that instink aside and the selfishness to end it no mater how hurt and torn their family and friends will feel about it. After what I have gone through and speeking with my friends about it and their experiance, there is no way in hell you can tell me it's because of courage. Courage would be trudging on and make an effort to turn your life around for the better. Now that is courage.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

    awesomeparty12 (Oct 10, 2008)

  7. #29
    The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    my mind crawls wih eagerness
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 72 Times in 67 Posts

    Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Trust me Rook, I have been there several times as well as some of my friends and I can tell you that courage has nothing to do with it. It's your basick instink to servive and the thought of other people and how they will inevitibly feel if you go through with it is what provents people from succeding with the act the magority of the times. Those that succed are those deluded enough to shove that instink aside and the selfishness to end it no mater how hurt and torn their family and friends will feel about it. After what I have gone through and speeking with my friends about it and their experiance, there is no way in hell you can tell me it's because of courage. Courage would be trudging on and make an effort to turn your life around for the better. Now that is courage.
    amen to that scourge i know how you fell cuase i am the same way
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

  8. #30
    Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts

    Arrow Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Trust me Rook, I have been there several times as well as some of my friends and I can tell you that courage has nothing to do with it. It's your basick instink to servive and the thought of other people and how they will inevitibly feel if you go through with it is what provents people from succeding with the act the magority of the times. Those that succed are those deluded enough to shove that instink aside and the selfishness to end it no mater how hurt and torn their family and friends will feel about it. After what I have gone through and speeking with my friends about it and their experiance, there is no way in hell you can tell me it's because of courage. Courage would be trudging on and make an effort to turn your life around for the better. Now that is courage.
    Courage- mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty.

    (taken from merriam webster online dictionary
    courage - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary)

    To mentally over come the difficulty of actually commiting suicide, and knowing what you leave behind takes courage.
    Courage does not discriminate no matter what the situation or morals that take place.

    Morals and other ideals are debatable.
    Nazi's had courage to stand up for what they believed in during WW2,
    just becuase what they did wasnt right in the vast majority's views, does not discredit the courage it took to fight for what they believed in.

    When you pull a trigger instinct to live does not kick in.
    When your drowning or suffocating, instinct has time to kick in.

    But the willpower to live, thats ultimately up to the person,
    and not his or her instincts.

    Your right, there is no way in hell i can tell you its becuase of "courage".
    I wouldnt agree with that,
    but i am telling you, it takes courage.


    Let me ask you this, kamikazes commited suicide for their country.
    Is that not courage?

    People sacrifice their own lives for the benifit of others all the time.
    Whatever way you look at it, those are valid suicides, whether it be by
    an insecure teen, a nazi, or a hero, they all needed courage.

    Now the motivation to power that courage would be another story.

    Besides, dont forget some of those suicides are commited without suicide ideation,
    but out of pure impulse that simply cannot be helped whether the person goin thru
    it likes it or not.
    Yay-yea?

  9. #31
    Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Halloween Town XD
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Unhappy Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

    my opinion about suicide... it's just wrong... we don't need any more people dying just because, there life sucks... But, i think people who plan 2 kill them self's... there just confused because, something must of happened in there life and they don't know how to solve there problem...

    Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

  10. #32
    I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Suicide: acceptable or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Courage- mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty.

    To mentally over come the difficulty of actually commiting suicide, and knowing what you leave behind takes courage.
    Courage does not discriminate no matter what the situation or morals that take place.

    Morals and other ideals are debatable.
    Nazi's had courage to stand up for what they believed in during WW2,
    just becuase what they did wasnt right in the vast majority's views, does not discredit the courage it took to fight for what they believed in.


    Let me ask you this, kamikazes commited suicide for their country.
    Is that not courage?

    People sacrifice their own lives for the benifit of others all the time.
    Whatever way you look at it, those are valid suicides, whether it be by
    an insecure teen, a nazi, or a hero, they all needed courage.
    When you start talking about Nazis and kamikaze, I think you may be confusing courage with indoctrination. It is not a sign of courage to do as your leader/government/religion tells you to do, no matter how reprehensible, and honestly believe you're in the right. Courage would be having enough brains to think about what you're doing or about to do and question what you don't feel is right. Further, I'm pretty sure Nazis were more about sacrificing others for their own benefit, so even bringing them into your argument is confusing at best, at the very least incredibly insulting.

    I do agree that it takes something to fight the basic instinct to live, although I wouldn't necessarily call it courage. Comparing suicidal teenagers (or persons of any age for that matter) to someone who would, say, run into a burning building trying to save someone else's life, knowing full well they could die doesn't really make sense. In one case, you have someone who is mainly concerned with the pain of living, and decides it isn't worth it; in the other you have someone that holds life sacred enough to possibly
    give up their own for another.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to gren For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (Oct 11, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ~suicide~
    By Rook in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Jul 02, 2008, 03:46 AM
  2. suicide what do you think?
    By basilisk888 in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Apr 07, 2008, 02:56 PM
  3. suicide
    By levitatinganimelover in forum Poems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 19, 2007, 03:25 PM
  4. Suicide (A cry for help....)
    By Shade/K' Heart in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jun 02, 2005, 06:42 PM
  5. Suicide Club (Suicide Circle)
    By mamimi_rue in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 10, 2005, 09:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts