+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The sun is getting older and hotter? (global warming issue)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Re: The sun is getting older and hotter? (global warming issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-x View Post
    That is somewhat true. But it wont take hundred of years. Try along the lines of billions ><. And on top of that, It is said that the sun's demise will take out the entire solar system! So I don't know about you guys, buy I think that is going to SUCK. ><
    so true i guess am not trying to pick a fight,or anything or sound duh..... but my friends said it was going on on the net and wanted to check around if anyone bit that news or not. maybe it will give the countries an excuse for research and exploring the universe. (just a thought)
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Humans aren' as much ta blame as ppl may think, volcanoes spew out more carbon emissions than ppl do. From what I've learned, what is happenin' ta the earth is more of a natural process than man-made. We may b contributin' ta this phenomena, but we r far from the cause. Most likely, if mankind were ta manage ta stop all of its carbon emission technology, it would have little impact on what's happenin' ta our world. We would, at best, be able ta slow it down a little; but there's no way of stoppin' it. The Earth is goin' through a cycle, like it has been for billions of years, and will keep goin'; most likely; through it long after our species is gone. Mankind has a tendency ta lay blame, even on themselves, when somethin' happens that is beyond their control.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not going to say anything about the sun as people here already shot down the main topic of the thread. All be it we Humans may not be the DIRECT cause, but we are the cause of its rapid acceleration. We have more then doubled the rate that it would have normally gone through, and yes volcanoes spew tons of emissions into the air and have contributed to the cause, how ever there has been very little geological volcanism for many many many years, so saying its volcanoes more so then people is still not entirely correct. Every one is pointing fingers saying its one factor or the other but the truth is that it’s ALL of them. We have more then doubled its rate ever sense the start of the industrial revolution. That was only a 100 odd years ago. Think about it, in 100 years we have done what it has taken the Earth naturally in a 1,000. Plus global warming is scarier then most would think. Even the Oceans would not be safe. Let me explain. The oceans currents are caused by warm and cold water which churns the seas making it rich with oxygen for animal and plant life. But as we lose the north and south polls we lose this natural circulation of the oceans, and sense warm water holds less air then cold water, the oceans suffocate. One of the Atlantic current was shut down for ten days and caused all sorts of havoc on wild life in that area. If that’s not bad enough, if we lose close to half of the polls, maybe even less then that, the entire worlds current will shut down. Plants and animals will suffocate, it will be completely stagnating. With out air there would be no way for scavengers to eat the dead and rot from organic life or the toxic chemicals spewed from vents and other forms of poisons. A kind of bacterial with thrive in this emitting even more kinds of toxic poisons. And when this is all said and done, the Ocean's salinity will be that of battery acid.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

ok with the hundreds of years thing I was not being all that good in explaining with all of the stuff I said. The piont I was trying to make was that we will not see any real riseing temp. with our sun. But we will see global warming and mybe the human race at its peak point in the earth suporting us. Well also I was meaning the crazy people in the way of people who think that this does not effect them and they should not worry about how global warming will affect them because they get alot of money for doing the things that they do. There is major things also besides humans that contibute to global warming. But humans are the ones who are doing it the most. Do you see a rabit going out in a car or burning a fire because they feal like makeing alot of smoke... Well pm me if you ever do >.<
    death and life are one and the same

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually volcanism occurs much more frequently than one may think, we jus' don' c it 'cause most often, nowadays, it occurs beneath the oceans. Now I agree wit Scourge that we humans r partly ta blame, but stoppin' carbon emissions now would do little ta slow the events that r takin' place on our planet. And I must ask, has any1 here have ever heard of the Theory of Revolutions and Submergences? Accordin' ta the Theory; Our world goes through periods where the Land rises, the Sea falls, polar Ice caps form, Seasonal weather, and Ice Ages happen (I.e Revolution). The second part of the Theory states that then the Earth goes through periods of when Temperatures rise causin' Polar Ice Caps ta melt, the Sea then rises, the Land then falls, and when the oceans have peaked; the Earth then has a uniformal Temperature (I.e Submergence). Accordin' ta the theory, this cycle has been goin' on for billions of years, long 'fore man's existence, and will continue for as long as the Earth exists, although the Revolution periods have been gettin' longer and longer while the Submergence periods have been gettin' shorter and shorter. We had covered this in my Physical Science class back in collage and my teacher, back then, had said that some scientists believe that the Earth is headin' for another Submergence Period. As evidence, they point ta the last Ice Age that the Earth had; claimin' that the Earth was long overdo for one and that we should've already had one happen. He also said that those same scientists claim that one would need a build up of carbon emissions that would take 100s of millions of years 'fore the Earth could change from a Revolution Period ta a Submergence Period and that we're at the tail end of a Revolution Period. Could it b that we're headin' for a Submergence Period? I think that it's certainly a possbility.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

wow never heard of that theory =/ it rises an interesting point ^.^ but the problem with that is it never said that anything will survive.... Just saying that we and most of the life on earth will most likely not survive for all taht longer >.<

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: The sun is getting older and hotter? (global warming issue)

Now all this discussion on theory and stuff makes me wish that i should pay more attention in school. but all i know is that all this global warming is well yes a natural part of evolution just like our bodies growing old and stuff. but in part if we cared enough to take care of the environment i guess this will help lessen what ever stuff all the governments are blaming the disasters their countries are encountering.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSara View Post
    Now all this discussion on theory and stuff makes me wish that i should pay more attention in school. but all i know is that all this global warming is well yes a natural part of evolution just like our bodies growing old and stuff. but in part if we cared enough to take care of the environment i guess this will help lessen what ever stuff all the governments are blaming the disasters their countries are encountering.
    mybe you should have... because this has nothing to do with evolution... I'm just wondering why you thought it had to do with evolution? But most of the stuff can be hleped by the goverments well look at the U.S. (again...) what did the congress do when All Gore (do not know true spelling of name) told about global warming... They did not care and threw it aside >.<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast