+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The sun is getting older and hotter? (global warming issue)

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The sun is getting older and hotter? (global warming issue)

There's also a super volcano end of the world theory. All of Yellowstone is a super volcano and there is evidence that it had once erupted, perhaps causing ice ages and such. A super volcano eruption would throw volcanic dust and sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere, blocking out the sun rays. This wouldn't heat the Earth, in theory, it would do just the opposite.

There are plenty of threats that the human race will face and they will probably end the species before the sun dies.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

that sounds so much fun ^^ but if that does not end it there is also a sligh chance of a medor hitting the earth in about 17-23 years ^.^ (if we're going into the end of it all)
    death and life are one and the same

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    wow never heard of that theory =/ it rises an interesting point ^.^ but the problem with that is it never said that anything will survive.... Just saying that we and most of the life on earth will most likely not survive for all taht longer >.<
    Thing of it is that this has, accordin' ta the theory, been goin' on for billions of years; even through the birth of life on this planet. Some point out that many of the fossilized sea life that has been found in places far inland, like in areas like the Dakotas, helps ta support this theory. Life can and has survived through these various phases of our planets history and many supporters of this theory believe that life can survive through it again. Has any1 seen, or at least heard of, Waterworld? The story of that movie was actually based on this theory. Life can survive this dramatic change.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I have heard all those theories; I am just surprised no one has heard the one I have stated. Yes there is a natural rise and fall of the ocean level as Joe Mage has stated, but we could be accelerating it so fast that it could very well go above and beyond the level Earth naturally goes through. And yes I do know that there are under sea volcanoes that erupt, hell we have one just off the cost here in San Diego. But I am talking about comparing activity to that of historical events that has accrued in the past. I have no doubt that these accrue, just that not to the level of what they use to be. Yes Yellowstone is a super volcano and when that thing goes bang we are all pretty screwed ladies and gentle men. What most people don’t know is that its a thousand years over do, give or take. Oh and the meteor hitting the Earth, that’s not global warming that’s global annihilation (depending on the size of the space potatoes.)

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I have heard all those theories; I am just surprised no one has heard the one I have stated. Yes there is a natural rise and fall of the ocean level as Joe Mage has stated, but we could be accelerating it so fast that it could very well go above and beyond the level Earth naturally goes through. And yes I do know that there are under sea volcanoes that erupt, hell we have one just off the cost here in San Diego. But I am talking about comparing activity to that of historical events that has accrued in the past. I have no doubt that these accrue, just that not to the level of what they use to be. Yes Yellowstone is a super volcano and when that thing goes bang we are all pretty screwed ladies and gentle men. What most people don’t know is that its a thousand years over do, give or take. Oh and the meteor hitting the Earth, that’s not global warming that’s global annihilation (depending on the size of the space potatoes.)
    hey... just saying the people think may happen... but anywaaayyy.... scourge plz tell us this theory it just might be fun ^^
    -global warming is a problem
    -some ignore it
    -many theories about this all
    -may or may not be a nutural prosses
    -in others words we are going to die one way or another...
    -I'm hungry
    (jokeing)
    death and life are one and the same

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Besides the carbon di oxide etc:

Right now I'm looking outside my window and I see snow on the ground. In the middle of April. During the spring time. After the coldest and harshest winter on record for the last 20 years. Global warming my ass.
    Actually, that is a consequence of global warming. The term does not refer to the Earth warming up all the time; due to the carbon and CFC emissions, the heat is trapped, causing the Earth to warm up causing ice caps to melt, rising the sea level by about 1 - 2 metres [just vaguely guessing].
    All this causes a disturbance in the consistent weather pattern which was present before the GW. These changes include: floods, inconsistent rain, sudden weather changes - snow in your case and unexpected thunderstorms/hurricanes.

I think it was Addrianna [sp] who mentioned in depth the Atlantic Chain Belt issue.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

The Sun's current main sequence age, determined using computer models of stellar evolution and nucleocosmochronology, is thought to be about 4.57 billion years.

The Sun is about halfway through its main-sequence evolution, during which nuclear fusion reactions in its core fuse hydrogen into helium. Each second, more than 4 million tonnes of matter are converted into energy within the Sun's core, producing neutrinos and solar radiation; at this rate, the Sun will have so far converted around 100 Earth-masses of matter into energy. The Sun will spend a total of approximately 10 billion years as a main sequence star.
    source:Sun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

okay, here listen carefully:

ONE

the sun during it's existnce in the main sequene (or any star for that matter), maintains a temperature of approximately 6000 K (kelvin, not kilo or x1000) plus or minus 15 percent... okay?

so the sun becoming hotter which is the cause why the earth is having this increase n temperature is totally absurd.

TWO

>.< ok for one global warming is a natural prosses...
    yes, global warming might be a natural process (ant thanks to it, the earth has formed into a liveable planet), however, it is only considered natural when the atmosphere contains less than 0.025&#37; (give or take) of carbon dioxide by volume... currently, we are at 0.046... not much? consider that the earth is millions of miles across, double hat volume, ant that is the volume of the atmosphere.

so, given that much increae in teh carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere, it is no longer natural, however,it is human - imposed... hence, it has become a problem.

so... main culprit: carbon dioxide emission.

THREE

the ozone layer in the north pole area is becoming larger by the minute (sorry, not by the second, it's decrease in the second scale is too negligible ). so the ultra violet rays which were suppposed to be reflected away from the earth (in the north pole area) is now being absorbed by the earth. considering the electro magneic spectrum, is the 5th to the highest wave in terms of energy carriedwhich approximates to 136.5 eV (electron Vots, sort of like the voltage carries per 1 mole of electons (1 mole = 6.02 times ten to the power of 23)... which means, we are taking in a whole lot of energy which we normalydo not need. to add, it's targeted at the area with the largest allocation of ice caps!

so adding this to the former problem of the green house effect, it enters, but doesn't leave...

therefore, the second culprit: CFC (chlorofluorocarbons)

*Mod Edit - Long line not needed* ~Aceman67

there... so i hope this clears things out bit... son't worry about te sun explodin during our lifetime... by then, we'd be long gone!
    Last edited by aceman67; Apr 26, 2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Stuff like that isn't needed. Don't do that again.
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

hey... just saying the people think may happen... but anywaaayyy.... scourge plz tell us this theory it just might be fun ^^
    I did in my first post. Go back and read it. Not to sound offended, I just hate repeating my self.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast