+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The sun is getting older and hotter? (global warming issue)

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The sun is getting older and hotter? (global warming issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I have heard all those theories; I am just surprised no one has heard the one I have stated. Yes there is a natural rise and fall of the ocean level as Joe Mage has stated, but we could be accelerating it so fast that it could very well go above and beyond the level Earth naturally goes through.
    Accordin' ta the Theory, the ocean level has ta peak 'fore the Submergence Period can truly begin, which means that the Polar Ice Caps would have ta completely melt for that ta happen. So, if u go by the Theory, how fast it occurs is not necessarily a determinin' factor in how high the Oceans rise. The real problem lies in if it would occur too quickly for the human race ta adequately prepare for it, but (given the fact that it takes millions of years for the land ta recede far enough 'fore it would pose a threat ta those livin' on the land, thus givin' suffecient amount of time for evolution ta occur) if the Theory is correct; we really should have sufficient time ta make preparations, even wit our race addin' ta this occurrence. We would have more ta fear from a lack of preparation on our part than any lack of suffencient amount of time ta prepare.
    And yes I do know that there are under sea volcanoes that erupt, hell we have one just off the cost here in San Diego. But I am talking about comparing activity to that of historical events that has accrued in the past. I have no doubt that these accrue, just that not to the level of what they use to be.
    This is one of the reasons supporters of the Theory say why the Revolution Periods have been gettin' longer and longer, while the Submergence Periods have been gettin' shorter and shorter, 'cause of the lack of more frequent volcanic activity. However we have ta look at it like this, since man has been recordin' history; there have been only two major volcanic eruptions; the one that destroyed Pompeii and one on one of the Islands (forgive me, but the name of it escapes me) of the Phillipines. And scientists can' even begin ta imagine the amount of carbon emissions that these two events spewed forth. Now here's a good question, what about all of the major volcanic eruptions that occurred 'fore written history? The ones that we don' know 'bout? We would need ta trace any major volcanic activity that occurred since the latest Revolution Period began 'til now and that's goin' back 100's of millions of Years. Mankind's jus' a pin prick by that measurement.
    Yes Yellowstone is a super volcano and when that thing goes bang we are all pretty screwed ladies and gentle men. What most people don’t know is that its a thousand years over do, give or take. Oh and the meteor hitting the Earth, that’s not global warming that’s global annihilation (depending on the size of the space potatoes.)
    Now that's somethin' that I would be more afraid of happenin' than the earth warmin' up. If that thing blows, we're talkin' major global catastrophe! More so for the survivors than those that perish after the intial eruption, I hate ta have ta put it that way. If that thing goes, I hope that evry1 has their blankeys; 'cause u'll b usin' them for a long, long time.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

can we all at least agree the global warming is a problem and it is not all that of the problem because of the sun. And further more that the humans most likely will not (ops) survive??? how, it does not matter all that much (I think)
    Last edited by basilisk888; Apr 25, 2008 at 03:43 PM.
    death and life are one and the same

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, I can agree to the fact that global warming is bad.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    can we all at least agree the global warming is a problem and it is not all that of the problem because of the sun. And further more that the humans most likely will most survive??? how, it does not matter all that much (I think)
    Ergo i concure and agree with that and that no further arguement
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Global worming = destruction of earth at some point of time! ... problem is solved! (actually is worsened!!) ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

From what I've read of the topic, humans seem to be drastically increasing a process that may have already started. True, volcanoes put out a ton of chemicals into the air at one shot, but they aren't always having such spectacular displays of power and, in the overall scheme of things, it really isn't all that much compared to the size of the planet. I do find it odd that people are just now starting to push for hybrids and the like due to rising gas prices than they were in the 80s when scientists were examining global warming in depth and telling everyone we needed to start worrying.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster331 View Post
    From what I've read of the topic, humans seem to be drastically increasing a process that may have already started. True, volcanoes put out a ton of chemicals into the air at one shot, but they aren't always having such spectacular displays of power and, in the overall scheme of things, it really isn't all that much compared to the size of the planet. I do find it odd that people are just now starting to push for hybrids and the like due to rising gas prices than they were in the 80s when scientists were examining global warming in depth and telling everyone we needed to start worrying.
    Scientists actually don' know how much mankind is contributin' ta this phenomenon, they don' have enough evidence ta accuately say that we're the cause. Nor do they have enough evidence ta say that there is actually a threat. In fact there r scientists that argue the exact opposite point of view and that we don' need ta panic. Point bein' is this, the scientists don' really know, one way or another. Both sides make alotta claims, but neither side can offer any substancial proof, only circumstantial evidence and theories, ta back them up. And as far as volcanoes r concerned, u correct as far as in one lifetime is concerned, but volcanoes have been on this Earth for far longer than mankind and have been eruptin' ever since the Earth's birth. As I have stated 'fore if u were ta trace all of the major volcanic eruptions, since our Revolution Period began, it would go back 100's of millions of years. And where do u think all of the carbon emissions go from those eruptions? They don' jus' go away. No, instead they build up in our atmosphere 'til mother nature finds a way ta get rid of it. Which, in my opinion, is why the Earth goes through Submergence Periods, if u believe in the Theory. I'm not sayin' that Mankind isn' contributin' ta this phenomenon, I'm sayin' that a there r many ppl pressin' a "panic button" that doesn' exist. Life has existed through these Periods 'fore, it can suvive through them again.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Joe, we are not disputing the fact that volcanoes pore out tons upon tons of carbon and other fun chemicals into the air, we get that. But if you take into the account of the billions of cars, the millions of factories and the millions of homes, and trillions of smaller other causes that we Humans contribute will add up to several moderate volcanoes erupting 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 365 days a year. Global warming doesn’t go up one point at a times, it grows exponesialy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast