+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: The sun is getting older and hotter? (global warming issue)

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The sun is getting older and hotter? (global warming issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Joe, we are not disputing the fact that volcanoes pore out tons upon tons of carbon and other fun chemicals into the air, we get that. But if you take into the account of the billions of cars, the millions of factories and the millions of homes, and trillions of smaller other causes that we Humans contribute will add up to several moderate volcanoes erupting 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 365 days a year. Global warming doesn’t go up one point at a times, it grows exponesialy.
    Maybe I'm gettin' ppl confused here, the point that I'm tryin' ta get at is that scientists cannot prove, one way or another, if mankind is really the cause of all of the carbon gases in the atmosphere or that we're really doin' as much damage ta our atmosphere as some would like ta lead us ta believe. I'm usin' the Theory as a measurin' rod ta show that there is an equally strong possibility that what's goin' on with our world could very well b a natural occurence and that we may not, necessarilly, b ta blame. And jus' 'cause this is happenin' doesn' mean that all of mankind is goin' ta become extinct, we simply jus' don' know enough ta call it one way or the other. Do I believe in stoppin' these factories, cars, and other human resources that can, and do, potentially damage our environment? Yes, but do I think that it's the cause for the Hole in the O-zone layer, the higher temperatures, the meltin' of the Polar Ice Caps, and the risin' Oceans; and do I think that if we were able ta stop all of the man-made carbon emissions tommorow, that it would stop the change that our Earth is goin' through? Inna word, no. And I don' think that we're doomed ta extinction 'cause of that change, there r far worse things ta fear of becomin' extinct from.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Maybe I'm gettin' ppl confused here, the point that I'm tryin' ta get at is that scientists cannot prove, one way or another, if mankind is really the cause of all of the carbon gases in the atmosphere or that we're really doin' as much damage ta our atmosphere as some would like ta lead us ta believe. I'm usin' the Theory as a measurin' rod ta show that there is an equally strong possibility that what's goin' on with our world could very well b a natural occurence and that we may not, necessarilly, b ta blame. And jus' 'cause this is happenin' doesn' mean that all of mankind is goin' ta become extinct, we simply jus' don' know enough ta call it one way or the other. Do I believe in stoppin' these factories, cars, and other human resources that can, and do, potentially damage our environment? Yes, but do I think that it's the cause for the Hole in the O-zone layer, the higher temperatures, the meltin' of the Polar Ice Caps, and the risin' Oceans; and do I think that if we were able ta stop all of the man-made carbon emissions tommorow, that it would stop the change that our Earth is goin' through? Inna word, no. And I don' think that we're doomed ta extinction 'cause of that change, there r far worse things ta fear of becomin' extinct from.
    Well I agree that there are far more things to worry about than the whole global warning thing, FAR MORE. But in all fairness, even though humans have might not triggered it in the first place, we are making it worst in some way, if not in a big way. With all the pollution that we have caused, us humans are not innocent of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-x View Post
    Well I agree that there are far more things to worry about than the whole global warning thing, FAR MORE. But in all fairness, even though humans have might not triggered it in the first place, we are making it worst in some way, if not in a big way. With all the pollution that we have caused, us humans are not innocent of this.
    Of course, we're not innocent, that's not what I'm implyin'. But ta quote Billy Joel "We didn' start the Fire..." Things like this have been happenin' ta this world since it's inception and I think that it's more than a little arrogant of us ta think that we can b the central "overall cause" of all the negative happenings ta our environment. I also think that it's more than a little arrogant ta think that we can completely stop all of the "happenings" in our world.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5