+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread: Swearing?

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Swearing?

You guys have to admit, they can be fun sometimes, . Not to hurt anyone, but fooling around with friends and whatnot. I don't see why we should be all proper in front of people who are close to us, that would make everything boring.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    sometimes u have to insult ppl... not because u want but because of what ur going to say. It is a matter of knowing how to say things to people, cuss words are not a wise choice for me...
    I think it depends on the situation. If you are you going to insult somebody you have to know that whatever you'll say might get you in big troubles. Therefore, if you can avoid insulting eventhough you got insulted you may not get beaten if the argument goes to the next level.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Another theory I came up with was that swear words were seen as a form of 'Curse' to the superstitious masses hence the name 'Curse Words' (Wow, fear my powers of deduction! )

I love that piece you applied.(Almost any South Park fan should acknowledge that line as a landmark.) If it truly has any merit though, it isn't hard to see why swearing could be seen as that. It shouldn't be a secret that Christianity and Catholism have considered swearing a sin. Perhaps there are more religions but I don't really care to search for them.

Anyway, frequent swearing has always been seen as a sign of limited intelligence. Pretty sure everyone has heard their teacher at one point, mention that. You could definentally say that the consideration of it that way originated from lower class members.

Culture has always had an influence on language, so it shouldn't be difficult to notice that a person that came from a poor living enviornment tends to swear more than a person who had a descent upbringing.

I tend to swear a lot, but when I do use it more often that not, it is easy to get in the habit. Turns a debate into a petty argument easy enough.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    I'm gonna hafta agree to some extent here cause sometimes some people just don't get the damn hint until you use a few choice four letter words. Thats how a lot of people (including myself) are finally listened to. You could pester someone all day and just because they say stop it or god you're annoying not get the hint but I bet if they said "leave me the fu** alone a**hole" you'd figure out pretty fast that they didn't want you messing with them.
    Oh yes! I have to admit that u are right on this one.Sometimes is the last resourse to let know ppl that don't get hints! But how annoying and disgusting is to hear a person that for every three words on a sentence there is a cuss word. I find that really annoying, disrespectful, unintelligent and what not. I call that innecesary use of air and saliva.... and when they want to call the attention or to let know that they are annoyed by something, the cuss words are not useful 'cos they have use them so much that the "meaning" of the cuss words on that situation is lost.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    I find that really annoying, disrespectful, unintelligent and what not. I call that innecesary use of air and saliva.... and when they want to call the attention or to let know that they are annoyed by something, the cuss words are not useful 'cos they have use them so much that the "meaning" of the cuss words on that situation is lost.
    People lose respect for those who curse. The gravity of the matter is lost. The same word can be used for a stubbed toe or a deep, unadulterated hatred.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Swearing?

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    People lose respect for those who curse. The gravity of the matter is lost. The same word can be used for a stubbed toe or a deep, unadulterated hatred.
    it comes to a real value if the person that uses it does not overuses it.
    For me there is not need of using them even when I am mad.... I use other sourses and I use that one only on an extreme case... when all my sourses are done.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10