+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Swearing?

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Swearing?

arrianna rubbish is that British talk for garbage? and and i am not British and i think swearing is exceptional is some cases. and we have to look at what kind of words are considered swearing. swearing and cursing are totally different thing. and if u are my age when i don't like someone i will just probley just ignore him and i am not going to make friends with him so the stuff that u say are extremely diffcult things to do. and no one(almost no one) is going to do it in high school or grade school. so i say when u don't like someone just leave him alone. don't tell them why or u might get a punch in the face.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exderz View Post
    arrianna rubbish is that British talk for garbage?
    I have no idea if they use it in England. I do know it is one of many words that means, as you supposed, garbage.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Are we talking about the occasional use of a swear word or two, or excessive swearing in totally inappropriate situations (i.e. church, school, around parents/authority, etc.)? I don't think letting out a "Damn!" or otherwise when frustrated shows poor manners or breeding. But if one is dropping f-bombs between each breath in the course of normal conversation, this can be a problem. Regardless of what you personally think of the words, they are considered unacceptable in, as Arrianna said, polite company, and in ths regard societal norms should be followed.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

As my dear Arrianna so eloquently put it in her post...yes, it's very impolite and if all you can do is swear to show your 'creativity' or 'manage or anger' then I really worry about you. Swearing is the sign of an unimaginative mind and a person who cannot express their thought's clearly. Without those two skills your options in life are much shorter then they should be.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

[Quote:]
    Originally Posted by exderz

I have no idea if they use it in England. I do know it is one of many words that means, as you supposed, garbage.[Quote:]

They do use the word rubish in england. My step mom is british and says it all the time when refering to the garbage.(^.^)

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am not a fan of cussing. However, I am not perfect and must say that I do do it myself at times. But I am not and do not enjoy potty mouths. It isn't pretty, and not nice to hear.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that cussing sees "pretty" on anyone... but I feel it and see it worst when I hear it from :a child, a little girl and a woman.... those I really cannot swallow.... I think a woman and child's vocab should be the more pure, clean and delicated.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exderz View Post
    A fitting synonym for "rubbish" is "trash".
    E.g. Rubbish bin = trash can

This makes the easy transition to garbage. They can be interchanged. Garbage = Trash = Rubbish.

As my dear Arrianna so eloquently put it in her post...yes, it's very impolite and if all you can do is swear to show your 'creativity' or 'manage or anger' then I really worry about you. Swearing is the sign of an unimaginative mind and a person who cannot express their thought's clearly. Without those two skills your options in life are much shorter then they should be.
    Which is exactly why I heavily support the practice of finding new, elaborate swearing words.
    This effectively eliminates the 'creativity problem' and can result in some stunning new words.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast