+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Swearing?

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Swearing?

As for me, I try my best to stray away from those few words that people view as being vulgar. I am human though, and have experienced anger in my life. So, you can't be perfect and behave yourself all the time. Not to mention it would make you seem like a stiff, not that I think anyone here is or anything. The occasional slip is fine, but don't make it a habit.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Swearing?

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    As for me, I try my best to stray away from those few words that people view as being vulgar. I am human though, and have experienced anger in my life. So, you can't be perfect and behave yourself all the time. Not to mention it would make you seem like a stiff, not that I think anyone here is or anything. The occasional slip is fine, but don't make it a habit.
    good argument but still I think that even when one is angry one can use more elocuent vocab to say and express that one is really really mad
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I see nothing wrong with cussing unless it's at work or church. Everytime I fall down or something I say the F or S word. I don't see the harm in that.

My mother cusses me out and says every nasty thing she can think of almost everyday. She says she does it so it won't hurt my feelings if someone else does it. She's totally right. When another person says the same thing or just thinks they're saying something horrible that would make someone cry. It doesn't bother me one bit. I'm thankful to her for that.

My grandmother told me this story. She said when I was 5 I started cussing this nurse out. She was shocked that a 5 year old could cuss so fluently.

I noticed that religious people look down on cursing for some reason. Does anyone know why that is?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am religious and look down on cussing. But I do not believe it has much to do with religion. I look down on it because I just don't see what the big "Whoop" of it all is. I look down on fluent cussing. People who curse and just cannot stop. I don't have a problem with cussing every now-and-then, though.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

It is more a respectful behavior to other ppl not to cuss....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Swearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    As my dear Arrianna so eloquently put it in her post...yes, it's very impolite and if all you can do is swear to show your 'creativity' or 'manage or anger' then I really worry about you. Swearing is the sign of an unimaginative mind and a person who cannot express their thought's clearly. Without those two skills your options in life are much shorter then they should be.
    Okay! Where to begin? There are so many valid opinions, I don't know where to start. How 'bout with the above quote?

Yes, swearing can be considered impolite--keywords: can be--but it's a matter of where you're from, how you were raised, and what kind of people you decide to keep in your life. At the same time, I'm a fan of ecclectic people with a superlative vocabulary. So, where is the line that one must cross, that defines rude and polite?

I was raised in a Christian family. My mom's a f*****g saint! And my brother and sister are avid Christians. I, personally, am more of a spiritual person, rather than religious. BUT (I almost lost my point and started rambling), my siblings--regardless of the fact that they consider themselves Christians--swear their a***s off! As do I.

Hell (can I say that?), I swear more than anyone I know! But I can watch my mouth when need be. I think that it's just a matter of finding that perfect balance between vocabulary and vulgarity. Don't say that it's only acceptable when you're angry, or it's okay when you can't find anything else to say. Just balance your words like a checkbook.

Or just stick to phrases like, "Frickin' A!!" LOL.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

me myslef i was rased not to swear ect ( i was soo good ¬__¬)
    but i still get a evil look if i swear infront of my mum or dad its werid its just u know your in troble haha so i just dont swear at school( infront of teachers) or at home( well not infrony of my mum or dad)

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in today's society the whole idea against swearing stems from the belief that the swear words mean something derogatory taken to the extreme.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast