+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 78

Thread: Swearing?

  1. #41
    Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Zion
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Swearing?

    I'm sure many of you don't want to hear my opinion, but you're going to get it anyway! I understand that we are human and we do *ahem* slip, but to put it out there plain and simple the use of swearing only displays the individual's lack of vocabulary and/or abundance of ignorance. Now before everyone and their mom tries to chew me out, when I say this I'm not calling anyone "stupid" or "slow". I simply mean that at that point in time the individual chose to be ignorant, rude, and completely disrespectful to everyone's morals and beliefs within the sound of their voice simply to "make a point" or add unnecessary emphasis on a situation. Or, in some cases the individual just "doesn't think" and it flows out without a second thought just because he/she didn't know "how to react to the situation. Nobody's perfect and accidents do happen, but people know the difference. I must say this though, it's not a "natural" thing as we get older, it's something we practice and develop. As children we knew it was wrong, and if anyone was like me they said it very discreetly (when parent's/adults were not around). As we grew older we became bolder and used swear words more often. Anywho, people will be people and if they want to have a "potty mouth" to emphasize as to what kind of character/integrity they have then they will. I hope I don't sound.... nagging. I'm definitely not perfect and I do slip every once in a while (especially on X-box live during Halo 2). Well, you asked for an opinion and you have it.


    Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

  2. #42
    Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Good question . . . where am I?
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts

    Re: Swearing?

    There is a state in America (I don't remember which . . . was it Indiana or Nebraska?) where it is illegal to curse in front of children. A few years ago, a man was fishing on the river (or lake) and cut himself, releasing a cry of "Oh, shi*t!" A child was on the bank, out of sight, and overheard it. This child told his father, and the fisherman was arrested and fined for profanity in public. Is this case too extreme?

  3. #43
    Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: Swearing?

    Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    There is a state in America (I don't remember which . . . was it Indiana or Nebraska?) where it is illegal to curse in front of children. A few years ago, a man was fishing on the river (or lake) and cut himself, releasing a cry of "Oh, shi*t!" A child was on the bank, out of sight, and overheard it. This child told his father, and the fisherman was arrested and fined for profanity in public. Is this case too extreme?
    woah that far? lol maybe it is too extreme but i think it's for the good of the community... if all of them knows how to swear or swear alot.. many unwanted things might happen.. :/

    Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

  4. #44
    You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,293
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 38 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Swearing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Don't like someone? Tell them why. Upset about something? Say so. Use the width and breadth of your language, that is what it's there for.
    It is way easier to say f*** y** to someone you don't like than having to explain to them the many reasons why you hate them. Although, if you want to be more civilized than just tell whoever you don't like in a more polite way why you don't like her/him.

  5. #45
    Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: Swearing?

    I would agree to the civilised method more... but if the person ticks me off.. well i would use the other method.. curse him~!!! xD

    Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

  6. #46
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Swearing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    It is way easier to say f*** y** to someone you don't like than having to explain to them the many reasons why you hate them. Although, if you want to be more civilized than just tell whoever you don't like in a more polite way why you don't like her/him.
    I agree... Half way, at least.

    It's sooooooo easy to just up and tell someone, "F*** You!" or, "Leave me the f*** alone!" Than to waste a half an hour of your time trying to explain why you don't like that person or why you want that person to leave you alone.

    Now, I try to use an even balance of both. If I know you and respect you--depending on how mad you made me--I'll politely explain exactly what my problem is with you and why. But, if I don't know you, or if I know you and just don't give a rat's a** about you, then I'll tell you, "Eat S*** and die."

    I'm a pretty respectable person for the most part, so I usually use the former rather than the latter. Although, depending on how angry I am, I can't control it. For example: I got held up at gun-point, jumped and robbed by six to seven people two nights ago. They surrounded me and started going through my pockets and backpack. Out of left field comes this dude who starts swinging on me for no reason. Once I realized that it turned physical, I exclaimed, "F*** you!" Pushed three people off me and ran.

    Once I got in my house--which took me five or ten minutes because my house keys were stolen--my mom asked me what happened. All I could do was say--and I quote, "I f***ing hate this city!!! I'm tired of this s***! I'm moving the f*** out of here!!! I hope the MP3 player they stole from me explodes and kills them, sending them straight to hell!!! B******S!!!"

    No joke! I never swear in front of my mom, and I did it the other night. Any other day, if my mom would've heard me swearing like that (I'm grown, mind you), she would've snapped! But she cut me some slack, seeing how I entered the house bloody and bruised.

    It's all a matter of where and how you use your words. Some people find it rude, some people find it a part of everyday life. Plain and simple.


  7. #47
    Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    868
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Swearing?

    I agree with Arriana's post. Swearing is stupid. It shows such a lack of your vocabulary. If swearing isn't so bad then why do we say "Don't swear in front of the kids" and things like that??? My opinion,, swearing can be done without,, sure it slips out of all of us once in a while and I know we ALL THINK of it whether we say it or not. It shows what poor lack of control you have anyway if you burst out in anger with nasty words. It may feel good,,, but not all things that feel good ARE good,, k.

    Thanks Pyroo. :]

  8. #48
    Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Zion
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Swearing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gods_Dragon View Post
    I'm sure many of you don't want to hear my opinion, but you're going to get it anyway! I understand that we are human and we do *ahem* slip, but to put it out there plain and simple the use of swearing only displays the individual's lack of vocabulary and/or abundance of ignorance. Now before everyone and their mom tries to chew me out, when I say this I'm not calling anyone "stupid" or "slow". I simply mean that at that point in time the individual chose to be ignorant, rude, and completely disrespectful to everyone's morals and beliefs within the sound of their voice simply to "make a point" or add unnecessary emphasis on a situation. Or, in some cases the individual just "doesn't think" and it flows out without a second thought just because he/she didn't know "how to react to the situation. Nobody's perfect and accidents do happen, but people know the difference. I must say this though, it's not a "natural" thing as we get older, it's something we practice and develop. As children we knew it was wrong, and if anyone was like me they said it very discreetly (when parent's/adults were not around). As we grew older we became bolder and used swear words more often. Anywho, people will be people and if they want to have a "potty mouth" to emphasize as to what kind of character/integrity they have then they will. I hope I don't sound.... nagging. I'm definitely not perfect and I do slip every once in a while (especially on X-box live during Halo 2). Well, you asked for an opinion and you have it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt View Post
    I agree with Arriana's post. Swearing is stupid. It shows such a lack of your vocabulary. If swearing isn't so bad then why do we say "Don't swear in front of the kids" and things like that??? My opinion,, swearing can be done without,, sure it slips out of all of us once in a while and I know we ALL THINK of it whether we say it or not. It shows what poor lack of control you have anyway if you burst out in anger with nasty words. It may feel good,,, but not all things that feel good ARE good,, k.

    I must say, you pretty much explained it in about half of the words I used. We must remember though, many of us were raised by parents who used foul language, some more than others. Even so, as adults we have absolutely no excuse. We know right from wrong and some of us just choose not to do so. I don't approve of it but as I said in my previous post nobody's perfect (I'm far from it). I will end with this: "no one on this planet is perfect, and will never be perfect. However those who strive for perfection will be a lot closer that those that don't try at all. "


    Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts