+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Swearing?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Swearing?

Its sort of a matter of opinion and who you are speaking with. If its a doctor or someone in a "high" position you'd almost completely leave it out. But if you're with you're family or friends its fine (depending on how they feel). I guess it does have a lot to do with the whole class system thing. But to me its just who you are talking to and why.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Its sort of a matter of opinion and who you are speaking with. If its a doctor or someone in a "high" position you'd almost completely leave it out. But if you're with you're family or friends its fine (depending on how they feel). I guess it does have a lot to do with the whole class system thing. But to me its just who you are talking to and why.
    That really is our point. Your common everyday language tells everyone what type of person you really are. It's when your the most comfortable and your social guards are down that the real you can come out. If your always 'watching' your language then perhaps you do have something to be ashamed about. If you and your family swear around each other all the time then that says alot about the type of people you are. Do you want to be known as a person who can only express their opinion through vulgarity?

Miroku4444: So your saying you never cuss? Never?
    I'm saying that she doesn't. She's not being hypocritical. I don't remember the last time she used such language and I can assure you it is in no way appropriate in our house.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    You got me. That would never be my reaction. For those splits seconds sex wouldnt be on my mind. Now if Kirsten Dunst walked into my presence, it might be.

So your saying you never cuss? Never?
    I'm hardly perfect. I do try not to and I think I succeed for the most part. I am a phonetic sponge however. What ever I hear I soak up. It makes me really good at accents (you should have heard me after 5 months in the Okanagan) and means I have to avoid listening to words I don't want to say. I have had much better success at not swearing since I cut the TV channels I watch down to five and none of them are prime time.

I can tell you that I have never used the majority of swear words. In fact I think I have only ever used 3, 4 if you include "Bloody".

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    I'm hardly perfect. I do try not to and I think I succeed for the most part. I am a phonetic sponge however. What ever I hear I soak up. It makes me really good at accents (you should have heard me after 5 months in the Okanagan) and means I have to avoid listening to words I don't want to say. I have had much better success at not swearing since I cut the TV channels I watch down to five and none of them are prime time.

I can tell you that I have never used the majority of swear words. In fact I think I have only ever used 3, 4 if you include "Bloody".
    Bloody isn't a swear word unless it is followed by hell. Cross CSI Investigator, doctor, and cop off Arrianna's job possibility's. Yeah i knew you had to cuss at least a little. We all do unless your mother teresa. Its all about will power. I don't think cutting down on tv and what not will make you stop. If you heard it at least a few times in your life, it will come out in a form of a slip up. I dont think its bad if you cuss some arrianna, as long as you try your best not to. Well im not Mormon so it might be different for you guys?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    So if i bang my finger with a hammer and yell FU**, I'm of low character and lack intelligence?
    You could always yell, "Oh My Divine God!" Your finger will then heal quickly as well. In any case...

~!!! I ever so rarely curse, but I never direct them towards others; often are pointed to my own stupidity and silly mistakes. And my vocabulary never surpassed beyond the word: Darn! It's very much limited. This is just my opinion and all, but I never can't imagine spewing indecent words with the same mouth that I came to chant so many sacred hymns ~! By that, I am not saying that it's wrong to swear occasionally, mind you ~! It is just that swearing serves me with no purpose, while I know of other, self-comforting ways to vent my anger. In short, swearing is of no use to me and is not part of my nature, is all.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ i swear... i swear a lot...

>.< however, i don't swear around people whom i respect or i know don't approve of that language... parents, teachers, stranges, pastors, older folks, kids... pretty much anyone except Soshi... he's the only one i feel comfotrable swearing around... sure there are my other friends, but i still feel a little bad letting too many slip out...

Why do i do it? ... not sure, it's how i feel comfortable expressing myself... i know full well that i could reach into my brain and pull out different things to say to express myself... but why? what if i don't feel the situation deserves it? what if i don't respect it enough to use that much of my brain?

mainly it's video games... and when Soshi is beating me at it... and when i mess up... yeah... that's a big one!

all in all, swearing and it's use heavily depends on respect for me... or the lack there of...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Swearing?

Swearing swearing swearing... hmmmm... a poor way to express oneself.... it shows there is not thinking in one's brain.....

"with nice words you can offend a person and the person will turn to you and say 'thank you'"
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara
    "with nice words you can offend a person and the person will turn to you and say 'thank you"
    Interesting quote you have posted here, leb. Anyhow, I agree. Swearing is a poor way to express yourself. And it does show that you are not thinking with your brain. I know from experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast