+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Teachers learn a new language or get fired?

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Teachers learn a new language or get fired?

Some time ago I heard from my teacher that in some states there are many foreign in the school system, he said that his friend that lived in Florida had to take a language class and know how to interact with the students that could not speak English or she would get fired within the year, she was a great teacher yet she had gotten fired for not taking the courses. Now my question to you is, is it fair for a teacher to learn a new language just because a student cannot understand English?

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teachers learn a new language or get fired?

Eh, its impossible to learn a language in one year, unless you are a genius, and also its the student's responsibility to learn English, not the teachers to learn the student's language. Many school systems have specilists in thoes fields to help the students and translate for them.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Some places need more teachers than others and the schools were forcing the teachers to learn the language just because of the students that needed it. Let me clear this up a little more, the teachers needed to know enough of the language to know basic communication so they can help or speak to the student.

THE RULES!

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember reading that the senate had approved a bill for the US to have english as its official language. I'm not sure if the house has or not, but my point being this country was founded on the english language, so I don't see why we should be forced to learn a new language just becaue more foreigners are moving in, even if it is a few words here or there. And I definitely don't think a teacher should be forced to learn a new language if she hadn't majored in it to begin with. Maybe the kid should be forced to learn a little english instead.

Thanks

Well the Hispanics are rising in population pretty fast, they are the number 1 minority as of now. Some of my friends and I argued that soon Whites will be the number 2 biggest race in America and Hispanics number 1.

THE RULES!

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not white, but I still hope that one race doesn't overturn the balance in this country. Unless that happens though, I don't think we should be forced to change our countries customs to accomadate for immigrants. They should be adapting into our customs, not the other way around.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

but you also have to look at the fact that this teacher probably didn't have to learn a new language for one student it was probably for many sutdents. and think of a little elementary student who can't alk to his teacher at all it is probably easier for the teacher to learn a couple of basic communication skills than it is for the little one to learn the whole language. I remember when i was little i couldn't talk in english and it was hard to communicate. simple things like i'm hungry or where is the restroom turned to fustrating situations. i eventually learned english and i did have bilingual teachers to help me learn math and other subjects. But being in school where no one knows what you are saying is hard and when not even the teacher knows what you are saying it is like having no parental authority what so ever.
    every rose has a thorn

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

If a student is living in a country, where a new language is spoken, in my opinion teacing them in THEIR language may be doing them a disservice. While I promote the idea of as special classes as like a tutorial aide, for example ESL (Enlish as Second Language) classes.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast