+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: teen pregnancy: right or wrong?

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: teen pregnancy:right or wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Is there a debate inherent here? I don't think anyone is going to argue the virtues of teen pregnancy.

Then again, your ACTUAL topic seems to be "abortion is so terrible, don't you think so too?"

In which case, my answer is: No. I don't. And any argument you could make that teenagers shouldn't be getting pregnant or having sex at all is exactly why there need to be abortions available to them in the event that they're stupid, immature, irresponsible or think themselves invincible.

I have seen mistreated children... I've seen children raised into lives of poverty, self-entitlement and neglect. That is far more damaging to the children (and society as a whole) than had they erased from the world before they had brain cells, nerves, consciousness or identity. An embryo is not a child: it has the POTENTIAL to become a child if given time to develop ~ unless you suggest that masturbation and NOT getting pregnant every possible chance you have is also a form of murder (in which sperm and eggs ~ both bearing the building blocks for potential children ~ go unused and die)

Yes yes yes, that exactly what I think. If these foolish people who are in control of the governments that make the laws about abortion and such things, are going to piss and moan about what life is. While people who are known to be alive are dying(sorry that's more a stem cell thing). Say abortions are illegal/immoral take it all the way. Make masturbation illegal make menstruation illegal, if you don't use it you lose it.

And to you Divine Punishment once again, do you know how many kids are awaiting adoptions? Its a ridiculously high number, and some of those foster homes children get put in could turn out to be worse than death.

Just to tie this up NO kids shouldn't be getting pregnant in High School. I honestly don't know how this happens? Is it the lack of knowledge? Because if you don't have the guts boy or girl to go into a store and buy at the very least a box of condoms, how are you able to go through having sex with someone? ?_?
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with tsurara... One can't say that teen pregnancy is wrong or can say that it is right... You might as well ask if sex is bad or is the negligence of protected sex is wrong.?.

I can say the abortion thing isn't wrong either especially if one isn't capable of taking care of the child or doesn't have the support one needs to care for a child... You have to be able to care for a child to be a mother or a father... Yea' adoption is an option, but if you are so distraught on abortion what makes giving up ones' child any different.?. You have to consider the pros & cons of every action that may be life altering to ones' self or another life...

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok.. ok... ok... People keep trying to sudgest that abortion isnt WRONG. Well it sure as hell isnt right, In my state there is a place that will abort at 20 weeks.. THATS 5 MONTHS!!! And if some young kid is irresponsible enough to get pregnant, They may also be the type that is too confused to make a decision right away.. and wait for 20 weeks.
    Now, go research... and see how much "life" a fetus has at 20 weeks.

I actaully considered adoption as an option for one of my children. And honestly it isnt too hard to place a newborn... Not where I live anyway.

Either way, I chose to take on the task of parenting as a teen. And my kids are turning out fine despite our struggles. I could sit my 4 (almost 5 year old), in a room with others kids his age, raised by 30 year olds... And my son would excel. Hes one of the smartest in his pre-school class, so much so that he is put in the school-age room from time to time. <<< Proud mother.
    ... Not Ever Again...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Since everyone is so determined that teenagers are not smart enough to make their own choices:

Who is to say that most of you (I'm assuming, still teenagers) are qualified to judge the choices of others?

Otaku Pig Blaster Champion anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy's Avatar
    somewhere in Ontario....um....wait or was it Nunavut
    Thanks

i dont think abortions are good if you intentionally got pregnant like had sex without a condom or wanted a kid because i dont know why but there are teens that want kids but they dont know how hard it is, the only reason i would say it's ok to abort is if you got raped and got pregnant from that because as much as it is right to let a kid live it would hurt the child so much to hear their dad raped their mom and thats how they were born and it could cause the mother pain to see the face of the rapist in their child every morning, but thats just what i think is ok -_-
    being a bunny is hard work

Banned Jamie5192 is off to a good start Jamie5192's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_fantasy View Post
    i dont think abortions are good if you intentionally got pregnant like had sex without a condom or wanted a kid because i dont know why but there are teens that want kids but they dont know how hard it is, the only reason i would say it's ok to abort is if you got raped and got pregnant from that because as much as it is right to let a kid live it would hurt the child so much to hear their dad raped their mom and thats how they were born and it could cause the mother pain to see the face of the rapist in their child every morning, but thats just what i think is ok -_-

See that's what i have been trying to say... You shouldn't get an abortion for just anything.. only if you have a very important reason. Just because you had unsafe sex, a part on both of your sides, and you got pregnant as a result... I'm sorry but that isn't a good enough reason...

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Since everyone is so determined that teenagers are not smart enough to make their own choices:

Who is to say that most of you (I'm assuming, still teenagers) are qualified to judge the choices of others?

I have to say that that is the best thing I've seen on this thread so far! I so
    absolutely agree with all that you have said. For some the cold hard truth about life is a hard pill to swallow!

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that teen pregnancy is wrong. A person should be more responsible about
    having sex. However, I think that abortion should be in the hands of the mother. Sometimes there is just no way you can have a child, and after carrying it for 9 months and giving birth giving it up may be too difficult. Don't get me wrong I have known a couple of people my age that wanted a baby and walked around without any shame, and I will respect that as long as they know what they are getting themselves into. I even have a friend that was so excited she was pregnant and when she went to get ultrasounds, found out she had a miscarriage. I felt so bad for her, so please don't tell me I have no compassion, because I would have done anything to help her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast