+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: teen pregnancy: right or wrong?

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: teen pregnancy: right or wrong?

Its wrong, but I have no problem with the people it happens to. A few of my friends are knocked up as a Type. A pity yes, but it happens to the best of us.

And who is anyone to say ignore your [w]hormones.

If you get knocked up and can afford it, get rid of it, but it doesn't mean go on ****ing, and bumping out more~

I think Todays worlds mean to the youthful minds. You don't go pumping foods with hormones and hope the kids wont start 5 years before you did at having s*x.

≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Funny how people who won't "kill" days-old embryos persist in eating meat, killing mosquitoes and believing that animals are soulless creatures designed to serve humans. I abhor the Judeo-Christian view of the concept of "life" as something sacred only to humans. If it's really killing you're against: then think of how ridiculously hypocritical you are the next time you grab a Big Mac or slap a mosquito.

I eat meat.
    I kill mosquitos.
    But I also think it's perfectly fine to "kill" a cluster of rapidly multiplying cells without consciousness, feeling or self-awareness.

I'd feel far guiltier squashing a spider or eating veal than having a first-trimester abortion.

But I'm one of the many smart enough to use protection in order NOT to get into that situation.
    Nice your comparing humans to insect, and animals. I think your forgetting that thoses rapidly multiplying cells turn into humans, not an animal or an insect.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Humans ARE animals. That was rather the point.

The same religious train of thought that claims it is wrong to kill a clump of nonfeeling cells used to sacrifice birds and goats daily so that their God wouldn't smite them. Last I checked, a goat feels more at the instant of death than a clump of cells.

I believe it's perfectly fine to be against abortion PERSONALLY. But I think giving "guilt trips" over "taking the life of a living thing" is hypocritical as hell. We take the lives of living things every day and think nothing of it...

Either there's nothing wrong with taking life... Or there's something inherently wrong with the way humans approach the world with an inborn superiority complex. "Animals" feel the same pain, joy and pleasure as humans. Who is to say killing a cow for a hamburger isn't even more reprehensible than killing a clump of cells to ensure that a teenage girl can finish school and do something with her life?

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

@nightboyz....

i know all that and i love children and if they were my own it would be more... i ketp me wee cos ( for 2 weeks age 1) and it was one of the best 2 weeks ever ... and i cant wait to have have my own kid .... and im sure as hell wouldnt chnage my tune ^^

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

The same religious train of thought that claims it is wrong to kill a clump of nonfeeling cells used to sacrifice birds and goats daily so that their God wouldn't smite them. Last I checked, a goat feels more at the instant of death than a clump of cells.

I believe it's perfectly fine to be against abortion PERSONALLY. But I think giving "guilt trips" over "taking the life of a living thing" is hypocritical as hell. We take the lives of living things every day and think nothing of it...

Either there's nothing wrong with taking life... Or there's something inherently wrong with the way humans approach the world with an inborn superiority complex. "Animals" feel the same pain, joy and pleasure as humans. Who is to say killing a cow for a hamburger isn't even more reprehensible than killing a clump of cells to ensure that a teenage girl can finish school and do something with her life?
    I understand ur point, but murder is wrong. That bein' said, killin' and murder r 2 different things, killin' a cow means survival. Yet takin' the life of an embryo doesn', unless the mother's life is in danger. Now that doesn' mean that I'm necessarily for makin' abortion illegal, quite the opposite. As I have stated earlier, I believe that makin' it illegal would make me no better than a slave-owner of the south. That bein' said, u can' lump killin' an animal or insect wit the takin' of the life of an embryo, mainly 'cause of that "key word" that I mentioned. We, as a species, r omnivores by nature and we eat plants and animals ta survive. We don' eat our embryoes, so in essence, takin' their lives doesn' ensure our suvival. Comparin' it the way u have is like comparin' it ta a cheetah takin' the life of a baby antelope, except that u really can'. As far as the sacrificial animals, that was our ancient past and the ppl in those days really believed that in order ta "survive," they needed ta sacrifice those animals, a practice we find abhorrent in our "modern times" 'cause the times have changed. I'm not sayin' that ur wrong in believin' in keepin' abortion legal, I'm jus' sayin' that u can' really compare abortion ta killin' an animal.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

we are OMNIVORES by nature :P Meaning we do not eat only meat. We now have the ability, technology and knowledge to support healthy diets entirely devoid of animal matter... just as Jainists and Theravada Buddhists have for several centuries now. We don't eat meat because we ~need~ it to survive. We eat it because we enjoy it.

Killing for enjoyment strikes me as slightly worse than killing out of necessity.

I am not a vegetarian... but I respect vegetarians far more than I respect pro-life activists.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, we do need meat ta survive, as a matter of fact; scientists have said that meat is what allowed humanity ta evolve their brains ta their current state. U could say that meat is the cause of our intellect, there r enzymes and proteins that r only found in meat and many vegetarians use supplements for those enzymes and proteins, that's how come they can live their lifestyle. And yes the Jainists and Buddists have been vegetarians for centuries, but again they have had substitutes for the missin' proteins and enzymes. Maybe we can all become vegetarians and maybe we do have the tech ta do it wit, my ques. is "Could we still do it if some disaster came along and impared our ability ta do so?"

Yes killin' out of enjoyment; or for selfish reasons; is abhorrent, but it's far worse than killin' out of necessity, not jus' a little bit. That's why I don' respect "pro-lifers" either, I don' even call them that; for I feel that the majority of them don' deserve ta call themselves by that name. Anyone who would condone the actions of someone murderin' someone else 'cause of what that person does for a livin', so long as it isn' illegal, doesn' deserve ta have the word "life" tagged on ta them as a name. I call them "anti-abortionists" and I call them that only.

I'm not sayin' that ur wrong for ur beliefs, I'm jus' sayin' that u can' compare abortion ta things like killin' a cow, 'cause they r both done for completely different reasons.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes but were highly sentient beings, and other animals are not. I think our cells are far more important than a bunch of insect or goat cells.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast