+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Violence

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Re: Teenage Violence

Oh what have this world become?! Actually I think a little fist fight can let off subdued anger inside but that would be bullying won't it? Actually what I mean is if the subdued anger was too overwhelming and it has to go, then the target should be the one that caused you the anger, and this method can do some good after all not because you can show him/her who's boss but to express how much you dislike the thing that him/her is doing to you if talking doesn't work but note that this method will go wrong sometime and CAN only be used when him/her is doing the thing that you to have subdued anger (it work on provokes, severe name calling, langual ataack to you and especially you family members, annoy and other you think is suitable). To think of it, MY school's got some more advanced kind of "VIOLENCE", which is what I'd like to call 'mental war'. As people don't notice my existance in school, which makes me easier to observe it going on, I found out that it does more damage to a person than physical violence, It can make someone cry becasu they're 0.1 mark lower than other people, it can make you think nonsence all-day, it can 'stuff' wrong ideas into you, it can make you being ignore by any person around you, it can make you speechless (in this case no one wants to hear what you say and event if they do they wont care). In conclution, sharp word can be more damaging than physical violence, remember that mental damages are harder to heal than physical damage.

Newbie nocturnal_heart may be famous one day nocturnal_heart may be famous one day nocturnal_heart's Avatar
    Thanks

i've noticed the differences between the fights that girls have and the fights that boys have. Boys tend to be more physcal in the way they relieve anger, and sometimes it becomes extreme(i.e. very serious injuries) but girls are nasty in other ways.

Of course I'm not speaking about all girls, but some are really cruel. They spread rumors, ignore, lie and other things that aren't what you normally think of when you hear the word bully. They just do it differently
    Which is worse? I can't tell

and about the attention aspect of violence. Perhaps some of these children never recieve attention unless their in trouble, possibly from getting in fights. Just a thought.
    Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.
    ~Edgar Allan Poe

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason why there is so much teenage voilence is because of the lack of good parenting. Bad parents cause these things to happen, and the reason why their parenting is bad, is because of the same reason.. they had a bad, and undisclpine childhold themselves.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    All across the world there is violence, wars going on, racism, anything you can think of is happened. Possibly the worst of which is teenage violence.
    Well... First of all, I am going to have to disagree with you there. Teenage Violence is a problem in America, but it is not the most terrible thing that exists in the world. The war in Iraq is an example of something that surpasses teenage violence. Thousands upon thousands have died in a seemingly meaningless war, and you just can't compare a war to localized teenage violence.

That said, to stay on the actual topic, I have to say that I agree with Arrianna on this one. While many will be eager to blame it on the media, in the form of violence in movies, TV, and video games, I think the real reason lies in the parents. In today's age, society is filled with a break-down of families and family structure. With so many divorces and one-sex families now, it creates a dysfunctionality that seeps it's way to the children. Parents cannot control their children's personalities and their type of thinking, but they act responsibly at home, teach their kids morals and right from wrong, punish them accordingly when needed, and just plain love 'em. The last thing this country needs are the kind of parents you see on MTV: Parents that curse casually with their kids as well as other things, accept and condone their kids' actions, and generally let their kids do what they want.

I mean, have you ever seen some of those Super Sweet 16 shows? It's disgusting how those kids treat their parents. And what do the parents do? They ignore the crying, whining, and ranting of their kids and go out and buy them $12,000 dresses. Just utterly despicable.

So, that's the word, folks. Parents. I will say this though, just because parents are the underlining reason for the problems with the young generation today, all teenagers must be held accountable for their actions. I won't agree that they deserve the same type of punishments as adults, but schools, parents, and adults need to make the necessary moves to punish teenagers whenever something happens.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Teenage violence is a problem in many places in the world, but as bad as it is, its still not the end of the world or anything, the irap war is a more serious thing. But we still need to control teenagers before they get out of hand.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Well... First of all, I am going to have to disagree with you there. Teenage Violence is a problem in America, but it is not the most terrible thing that exists in the world. The war in Iraq is an example of something that surpasses teenage violence. Thousands upon thousands have died in a seemingly meaningless war, and you just can't compare a war to localized teenage violence.

That said, to stay on the actual topic, I have to say that I agree with Arrianna on this one. While many will be eager to blame it on the media, in the form of violence in movies, TV, and video games, I think the real reason lies in the parents. In today's age, society is filled with a break-down of families and family structure. With so many divorces and one-sex families now, it creates a dysfunctionality that seeps it's way to the children. Parents cannot control their children's personalities and their type of thinking, but they act responsibly at home, teach their kids morals and right from wrong, punish them accordingly when needed, and just plain love 'em. The last thing this country needs are the kind of parents you see on MTV: Parents that curse casually with their kids as well as other things, accept and condone their kids' actions, and generally let their kids do what they want.

I mean, have you ever seen some of those Super Sweet 16 shows? It's disgusting how those kids treat their parents. And what do the parents do? They ignore the crying, whining, and ranting of their kids and go out and buy them $12,000 dresses. Just utterly despicable.

So, that's the word, folks. Parents. I will say this though, just because parents are the underlining reason for the problems with the young generation today, all teenagers must be held accountable for their actions. I won't agree that they deserve the same type of punishments as adults, but schools, parents, and adults need to make the necessary moves to punish teenagers whenever something happens.
    Yeah i agree, its mostly the parents fault. Another thing silverskater didnt touch on is the parents working, leads to some of this. They just arent around enough to give the right amount of parenting they need.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

What about totally random acts of violence. The parents are there, they support the child and pay attention to them... Why do those kinds of acts happen?
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yeah i agree, its mostly the parents fault. Another thing silverskater didnt touch on is the parents working, leads to some of this. They just arent around enough to give the right amount of parenting they need.
    Of course the first step is people learning to keep their pants on. If you don't want to be a parent don't do something that may make you one. If you do choose to be a parent be there for them daily. As long as you have somewhere to live, food to eat, clothes, and an education the parents presence is more important then money. It's impossible to provide an example or supervise your kids if you are rarely home.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    What about totally random acts of violence. The parents are there, they support the child and pay attention to them... Why do those kinds of acts happen?
    Because people still have their own right to choose what to do. Even when you have parents who do the right things you will still get some bad apples. It is just without the right environment the chances of those apples spoiling are alot higher. Societal problems start with the adults but given a generation it will show up in the kids and be propagated from there.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast