+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Teenage Violence

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Teenage Violence

My Political Science teacher just discussed a bit of this in my class today.

His opinion seems like it could be a pretty good reason.

Think of it in terms of 1950 and earlier. What was happening then?

War for one. There was no real volunteer army. At that point life seemed pretty ordinary. People had pretty routine lives, at that time you didn't have to depend on wait on the youth such as today. When you reached a certain age you became an appretice, college was extremely cheap then and you didn't need much to become a professional like today. You could also be drafted and sent to fight. Taxes were high around 80% so working was the key, education was a distant second.

We sit around in schools or doing nothing, then College is so expensive is laughable and not as many as we want can join. You can make more money as a drug dealer and live life easier, than a man with 4 kids and a masters in a lot of states.

Simply put we are pretty bored and have nothing to do. Crime is just so much easier than hard work. We don't get the punishments our grandfathers and fathers recieved, not much motivation or inspiration.

Newbie worldpeace2529 is off to a good start worldpeace2529's Avatar
    Thanks

You all need to listen to the song: Teenagers by My chemical romance
    i mean teens aren't all that bad, they don't go out shooting people, they don't have fights every day, and for thouse of u who like facts and stuff, research shows that teenagers think more about the consequences of their actions than adults do.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by worldpeace2529 View Post
    You all need to listen to the song: Teenagers by My chemical romance
    i mean teens aren't all that bad, they don't go out shooting people, they don't have fights every day, and for thouse of u who like facts and stuff, research shows that teenagers think more about the consequences of their actions than adults do.
    Id like a link to that study. If teenagers thought about the consequences, there'd be less teenage pregnancy, less violence, and all the other stupid thing some teenagers do. Most teens think they're invincible, and rarely think about the consequences.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5