+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teens in Love Less Likely to Commit Crimes

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Teens in Love Less Likely to Commit Crimes

According to new UC Davis research teenagers in love may be less likely to get mixed up in crime and substance abuse. But while romantic love seems to help keep teens law-abiding, casual sex can mean trouble.

UC Davis sociology professor Bill McCarthy and graduate student Teresa Casey found that teenagers in romantic sexual relationships had the same low rates of criminal behavior and substance abuse as celibate teenagers.

But when compared with their celibate peers, teenagers who had sex with non-romantic partners were up to 20 percent more likely to have been involved in criminal behavior — and as much as 58 percent more likely to have engaged in substance use.

“Romantic love may fill a void that occurs in adolescence between the weakening of parental control and the onset of a marital bond,” McCarthy and Casey write. “Romantic love might discourage offending by strengthening adolescents’ social bond.”

The study used advanced statistical techniques and data drawn from the nationally representative Adolescent Health Survey. It is published in the latest issue of the American Sociological Review.

Meow. :3

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teens in Love Less Likely to Commit Crimes

yes..it can.
    it can also cause some one to go crazy, commit suicide and hurt themselves.
    i dont believe that this is entirely true, but to a point it is. i think if they happily love each other equally than this is almost fact, but if its onesided or anything bad happens it can be trouble.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

I agree with EmoNightmareRose. It's kind of obvious I think. If you're always sad and depressed about not having anyone who loves you, it's clear that you tend to do stupid things faster than the ones who feel beloved. So I'd understand that point.
    That it is possible for the opposite to happen ... so be it. Generally I don't think it equals the amount of the good effects.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont know i guess it can go either both ways it just depends on the type of person you are i guess but just because you dont have someone to "love" you doesnt mean that they'll be depressed and sad and commit crimes o,0?
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Newbie zefielyn is off to a good start
    Thanks

This makes sense. If one is in love, one is less likely to feel alienated and alone, because there is at least someone else 'on your side.' That's not to say that people who aren't in love can't feel reasonably well-socialized, or that people who aren't reasonably well-socialized will commit crimes.

What I find very interesting is the sex thing. It seems those who view sex as something merely biological seek refuge/escape in other forms of substance use. Would sex just be another escape to them?
    "So take a piece, but not too much."

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

iI guess your right azbout that..well im inlove with someone and sometimes i think of her...^_^...well that`s right teen inlove less commit crimes cuz they are well i couldn`t say that...Inlove with means yuo have less time to feel alone and suicidal attempts^_^
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Tis true, tis true. While I still have the little felon inside me, waiting to commit a couple crimes, my girlfriend certainly helps those feelings go away.

I think everyone has anidea about crimes, even fantasies, and without the proper outlet or suppressant, things just might escalate from there.
    Why hello there!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

lol, it is true that a GF has kept me from setting many things on fire......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast