Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teens Smoking.

Newbie ScaredPollo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Teens Smoking.

Alright, I checked around for a bit, and didn't find any threads like this. Well, about teens anyways.
    I could be wrong, but I'll risk it.
    I found an article about teens smoking, and I figured it wouldn't bee too bad of an idea to start a thread about.

Teens have fewer aids for kicking the habit - CNN.com

As a smoker myself, I can understand where the kids are coming from.
    However, what I don't understand is why people need to go to groups like this.
    I understand to an extent, because I know of AA, NA, and whatnot. I just can't wrap my head around why they need a teen group for something this simple.
    I could just be ranting, but who knows? I don't.
    Any thoughts?

Newbie dezastrox may be famous one day dezastrox may be famous one day dezastrox's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teens Smoking.

I'd never smoked but, I know it's hard thing to quit. This is an anime forum tho, so that is all I will say. If you could put it towards more in a anime way, that would be better.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually this is a debate thread, anything worth debating is ok.

Teen smoking, I dont believe its anything we should bend our backs over, but, yes we all know cigarettes and such are addictive, but usually its over a good time period, I smoke, and yes I am 19, and I have been doing so since ive turned 18, so far I cant say I am addicted, just because theres plenty of days that I dont smoke at all and I feel just fine, but I only smoke about maybe, up to 5 cigarettes a day, usually thats a maximum, depending where I am at as well.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Teen smoking... Don't think I've seen that yet. But are we talking about legal teen smoking or underage smoking here. Because the answer could be totally diffrent if its legal versus illegal.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

anime_being_god (Apr 01, 2009)

Newbie dezastrox may be famous one day dezastrox may be famous one day dezastrox's Avatar
    Thanks

Just my shallow opinion. @ Anime_being_Good- That is very true, I have once met a person who had been smoking since they were sixteen into their sixties and not a single problem, just addicted. Problems vary, it's not something you should worry to much about, If you don't like just explain why it's bad. It's the own person's risk, plux taxes on cigertes these day's I heard is horrible.
    @NevesElocin- I thought all teen smoking was illegal, where have I been lately. LOL. Also I think Illegal and underage teen smoking is the same unless you know of a place that allows teen smoking?

Otaku SadisticCharm is off to a good start
    Thanks

I tried smoking once, but the smoke almost killed me and the feeling in your lungs is just...no...
    I dont think teens should do it, but its there choice.
    Most just do it because there friends are doing it and become addicted.
    Sometimes being with others helps alot.
    Since you know that there are others trying to quit and your not the only one.
    "You think you know me...? You have no idea."

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I do it sometimes, but I can't say I'm addicted either. I only do it if I had a really hard day or something.(once a week at most)
    and I do it inside my room with no one else home. and then I wash my clothes and spray Febreeze or anti smoke smell stuff. Not because I'm worried about getting caught, but because simply I don't want others to breath/smell the toxins I just inhaled.
    I realized it could kill me, even if I don't do it often, and frankly, I don't care. (I have my reasons, no one tell me I should want to live)

But I know people my age who are addicted and I feel bad for them. In my family we all have addictions. So its in our blood to have that personality disorder. However, I really do try to not get addicted to anything because I have seen people fall so bad.
    But there should really be more outside resources for teens that cannot stop by themselves. Confidential ones too.
    I mainly smoke when I try to calm down or draw or write or something like that. But I think just doing it because you're friends are doing it can be a horrible idea. Because if thats the case smoking can lead to another addiction.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

I think smoking is stupid. There's absolutely no reason at first place to start something like that.
    I never even tried smoking I never understood why I should do something which harms my body that badly. There are enough other things which are bad for your health anyway, why adding smoke to it.
    And smoking as a teen doesn't make things better, it's the opposite actually. So no way I'll ever start smoking. I'm happy I was able to keep away from cigarettes. Really happy.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lapislazuli For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Apr 01, 2009)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast