+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are they right to arrest this guy for sympathezing with the VTech Shooter?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are they right to arrest this guy for sympathezing with the VTech Shooter?

Really? If you go around saying you're going to shoot up the school even as a joke you know something will happen in today's age of all these school shootings.

Newbie deathnotefromthesoulless is off to a good start deathnotefromthesoulless's Avatar
    Thanks

i havent heard anything on this shooting but it sounds like a lot of bull. but last week there was a school shooting near me and 36 people were killed then he shot himself and the parents of the dead victims forgave the shoot and that stuff gets under me skin! how can you simply forgive one who as taken so many of your loved one! you would have to be lying to yourself or everyone esle cause you cant just throw those feelings away

Otaku Sarge may be famous one day Sarge may be famous one day Sarge's Avatar
    Thanks

it is against the law to arrest that man for sympathezing with the Virginia tech gunman it goes against the constitution of the United states so that guy should get off clean
    Semper Fi Carry On

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

I personally feel that they are not right for arresting the guy for sympatheing with the V-tech shooter, but he needs to be watched! It might not seem like anything but it could be a possible sign that he maybe mentally disturbed. I mean we don't want anything like this to occur again do we? I say get him to get a mental evaluation, just to see if he does have tendancies to commit murder. But back to the question I have to agree that they are wrong for arresting the guy for sympathezing, after all it's not like he said he was going to do it did he?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumbel
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox1 View Post
    I personally feel that they are not right for arresting the guy for sympatheing with the V-tech shooter, but he needs to be watched! It might not seem like anything but it could be a possible sign that he maybe mentally disturbed. I mean we don't want anything like this to occur again do we? I say get him to get a mental evaluation, just to see if he does have tendancies to commit murder. But back to the question I have to agree that they are wrong for arresting the guy for sympathezing, after all it's not like he said he was going to do it did he?
    Actually, to quote that article again...
    Several witnesses told investigators the student said he was "angry about all kinds of things from the fluorescent light bulbs to the unpainted walls, and it made him angry enough to kill people," according to a police report. Witnesses "said they were afraid of him and afraid to come to class with him," Wiesley said.
    So it looks like he did say he was going to do it. So he wasn't arrested for expressing sympathy, he was arrested for implying threats against other people...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumbel

Actually, to quote that article again...

So it looks like he did say he was going to do it. So he wasn't arrested for expressing sympathy, he was arrested for implying threats against other people...
    Okay thanks for posting that LenMiyata. So if the had signs of this kids mental stability why did they not look into it further? What it seems like is they would rather wait to see what would've happened or correction what did happen instead of taking action and preventing a massacre. The moment they heard that everything was pissing this kid off and students were afraid to come to class they should've investigated him and maybe this whole thing could have been prevented.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Are they right to arrest this guy for sympathezing with the VTech Shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by deathnotefromthesoulless View Post
    i havent heard anything on this shooting but it sounds like a lot of bull. but last week there was a school shooting near me and 36 people were killed then he shot himself and the parents of the dead victims forgave the shoot and that stuff gets under me skin! how can you simply forgive one who as taken so many of your loved one! you would have to be lying to yourself or everyone esle cause you cant just throw those feelings away
    Yeah, right!!! 36 people and it's not on the national news??? You're trippin'!

If thirty six people got shot right now, I can guarantee you that it would be on the news the very same day--if not at least a couple of hours from that time--all across the country. Thirty six people is like a whole classroom in some schools! I think SOMEBODY besides you would hear about it.

Anyway, back to the V-Tech guy... People who try to emulate or sympathize with someone who OBVIOUSLY had issues, and killed a bunch of folks, OBVIOUSLY have issues themselves, and need psychiatric help.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

to sympathize with a killer is quite disturbing since it says that they're encouraged or inspired by his actions. In addition he knows thinks he knows why he did it. hence it was right to arrest him in idea of preventing another tragedy from happening at V-Tech. However though whether he was planning to do such a thing is another matter.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast