+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Thin Trend

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

The Thin Trend

I've been thinking about this for sometime, it all originates from my jealousy of one of my friends. She is thin not sickly thin, just thin...and she gets ten times more attention than I do. I know what you're thinking...."Oh that's probably not the reason...she's probably just more social than you"...well sometimes that is the case. Generally though it isn't.

I am not fat but I am not thin, and I have been called ugly my whole life. I've actually had people tell me they couldn't be my friend or go out with me because I was too fat. WHAT THE HELL???
    I mean do people just not care anymore.

Everyone loves my friend....she has guys waiting in line for her.

Why is it that people who are thin or slender are considered better looking than people who are a tad bit bigger?

Why is that people who are average sized or plus sized are over looked, and if they are looked at it is to be laughed at?

What happened to the beauty of just average sized women and men? For instance if you look back at the old models and renaissance...up until around the time Twiggy came around...that they weren't fat or skinny?

I want average sized women like myself to be considered just as beautiful like it used to be...I doubt that will happen but oh well.

Questions or commets? What do you all think?

Here's a perfect example:

Dear Dinah...

Newbie Jounin_Uzumaki may be famous one day Jounin_Uzumaki may be famous one day Jounin_Uzumaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Thin Trend

It's all due to culture... there are a majority of people on the planet who view that as the correct thing... even though people that are thin like people on the tv tend to be underweight... I give everyone equal attention myself... because I go against society in many... many ways... my main one is by judging people by the way they act... not the way they look...
    I have an RP site... want to join? Then PM me and we'll talk...

P.S. - Don't hurt me...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jounin_Uzumaki View Post
    It's all due to culture... there are a majority of people on the planet who view that as the correct thing... even though people that are thin like people on the tv tend to be underweight... I give everyone equal attention myself... because I go against society in many... many ways... my main one is by judging people by the way they act... not the way they look...
    That's the way I am. If there is a bigger person and a person talking overly loud and acting stupid in wal-mart...I am going to look at the other person instead of the bigger person. People also need to realize that some people who are bigger have mental problems and health problems.
    Dear Dinah...

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

The people who said the they couldn't be friends with you because your to fat aren't the people who you should want to hang with anyway!! I'm sure there are people around you that like you for who you are, and I'm almost positive that their is a few around you that think that your perfict the way you are now. It's just that you haven't really noticed them but they are there! Thos are the type of people that you want to be with. The ones that are around you and are you friends can see who you are. You just need to not worry what other people think of you and just make your self happy by doing what you want to do. Life's too short to not belive in yourself!!!!!!

Newbie Jounin_Uzumaki may be famous one day Jounin_Uzumaki may be famous one day Jounin_Uzumaki's Avatar
    Thanks

too true... many people can't help it if they are fat... but some also try to use it as an excuse... like their parents will be normal sized... but... say their grandparents are a little chunky... and they themselves are... then they claim that it's genetic... that's an excuse... in my eyes... I view it as genetic if it has showed up in more than two generations and whatnot... but that is just my opinion... bottom line is... a percentage of people that try to use genetics as an excuse probably could just use a regular exercise routine and healthy eating for several months so they notice the resulting effect it had on them... bet most people get disheartened and quit before they see any results... that... or they lack the patience to wait and want a "quick fix" solution just like many people in our society...
    I have an RP site... want to join? Then PM me and we'll talk...

P.S. - Don't hurt me...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fireandice View Post
    The people who said the they couldn't be friends with you because your to fat aren't the people who you should want to hang with anyway!! I'm sure there are people around you that like you for who you are, and I'm almost positive that their is a few around you that think that your perfict the way you are now. It's just that you haven't really noticed them but they are there! Thos are the type of people that you want to be with. The ones that are around you and are you friends can see who you are. You just need to not worry what other people think of you and just make your self happy by doing what you want to do. Life's too short to not belive in yourself!!!!!!
    Thank you. It's just it's kind of hard not to care about what people think when they treat your friend so much better than you and what not. I am sure you understand. Generally I don't care what people think...but everyone now and then I get sucked into that web.
    Dear Dinah...

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, I actually do understand. I had this friend that was modle material. The guys flocked to her like she was a godess. But I knew her and she might of been pretty on the outside but her attidue on everything sucked. Because of that she had an ugly side to her that I always seen when no one was around. I had said something to my mom at the time about it and she told me something that I'll never forget. Now she like my friend but she said that "guys like to just have sex with people like her but with someone like me they married." Just keep that in mind the next time that your out with your friend and just smile.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm well I would say I have gone through it too
    and I am not fat.
    I am like you say average sized.

And yeah now a days guys tend to think more about what a girl
    looks like than whats in there brain and stuff and
    I think that is just like sooo dumb.
    Cause she may be the pretiest thing in the world
    but be like the celebs stupib and always getting into trouble.

I really do hate how the view of the way women should look
    like has changed cause there was never anything wron with the way
    average sized women look like.

And in alot of cases we are actually more beutiful, but alot of guys just
    look at how slender that are and to tell the truth how they would look naked.

I hate to say it and I am sorry if you guys think I am talking about all of you but I'm not just most.
    But yeah thats what I think.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast