+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Thin Trend

Otaku royal cutie pain may be famous one day royal cutie pain may be famous one day royal cutie pain's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Thin Trend

To be honest i agree with P.R
    I am also one of those about average girls

like when i go shopping with my friend guys would
    just check her out than me...

and the comment what P.R said about guys take the time to
    actually care what a girl is like naked...is totally true @_@

there's a lot of guys who actually think about that...
    see i'm in band and when we have a band trip

we would usually see cheerleaders and they would all go whistling or
    whatever to them and i'm always there thinking
    er..."i'm a cheerleader too..." X.x which i am...but i'm in cheer not in cheerleading...which are two different styles of cheering =/

anyways it's really discouraging to see pigs drooling over when you see more
    than half of the girls outside revealing practically their whole bodies...

which makes me think...i know i'm asian and buddhist but there are also
    muslims that also takes revealing too much and gross =/

Middle eastern countries they would have the girls dressed
    from head to toe even if it's hot!
    i dont know about how they react when they first come to america seeing
    girls with short shorts with belly showin shirts X.x

i think it's pretty sad knowin SOME guys actually takes time and consideration caring about the insides of girls than outside physical appearances X.x

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know what you call average size, but the gal in that art work isn't average by todays standards. Not morbid obese, but shes defiantly fat(++size). Just because that was excepted back then don't make it right, just as too skinny is not right either today. Back then being overweight(Or what they called normal) was a sign of having money and being healthy. It meant you had enough money to stuff your self, and the poor ppl were the ones who were skinny because they didn't have any money for food and were seen as sickly. This was the ideal type and why you saw them in artwork, just as skinny ones are seen in todays magazines.

To me average would be a person who is close to what they should weight by doctors. Like if your suppose to weight 130 and your 140 or close to it, that would be average to me. Not 180lb when your only 5 foot 4. Even know i prefer my women fit and skinny, i would never not be your friend because of it. My best friend is huge and i love em like a brother.
    I've actually had people tell me they couldn't be my friend or go out with me because I was too fat. WHAT THE HELL???
    That is so wrong, i would have clobbered them.

Edit:

Im not trying to be mean, but you guys do know what average is? It ain't 30-40lb overweight. Average means you close to what you should weigh for you height and body type. As long as your friend is what she should weigh and eating right, shes average technically too. The guys are attracted to her because thats what in todays society is a sign of fertility.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 29, 2007 at 10:46 PM.

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

I know what average is...by the picture I didn't mean she was average...I should have explained that, sorry.
    I am talking about girls who aren't fat but not toned...guys won't even except that today in society for girlfriends. MOST guys want big boob, skinny waist, and blonde hair...I am lucky to have found one that didn't and loves me for who I am. I just hate that many other women and men can't find that.
    Dear Dinah...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, during the renaissance period they liked bigger women becuz the curves they had made for a more interesting art piece. with so many different shapes in their body, it made it exciting to paint. they also thought the curves also had a more maternal aspect to them, and was more feminine than someone thin...

as for why guys over look the average to bigger girls...
    um... i think you're just hanging out with the wrong guys. not everyone is so shallow, so i suggest you change your prospects before making a blanket statement...

and if they're not willing to like you becuz of your weight, then they probably won't be that good a boyfriend in the first place...

FYI: i was big and had no shape when i first met Soshi, and he still liked me for who i was and thought i was beautiful... so it all depends on who you meet

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OfeliasFire View Post
    MOST guys want big boob, skinny waist, and blonde hair...
    Except for the big boobs part i cant deny that. Sorry but a skinny waist is part of being tone. Tone mean you dont have much fat on you, and are trim and muscular, thats tone. Tone isnt having a little meat on your bones. BTW gals with muscles are hawt too.

as for why guys over look the average to bigger girls...
    um... i think you're just hanging out with the wrong guys. not everyone is so shallow, so i suggest you change your prospects before making a blanket statement...
    That doesnt always mean your shallow. Some like me, is what we desire. Like having good hair,eyes, lips. Its the type im attracted too. I dont want to see there ribs, but i want to be able to put my arms around them and be active. I can be best friends with an overweight person, but wont date them. I have to have some sexual attraction there, but that doesn't mean i want an airhead too.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 29, 2007 at 11:06 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OfeliasFire View Post
    MOST guys want big boob, skinny waist, and blonde hair...
    I think it can also be safe to assume that most females would not want a guy with boobs, big waist, and no hair. Can't really blame it on the culture for that right?? I doubt any culture could make a male with a figure like that attractive. So for those who are saying it's the western culture, you'll simply on a bandwagon beating a dead horse. Half of it is culture, and half is human nature. We shouldn't go back to those old day paintings, because with what we know now being out of shape is very unhealthy not just a matter of "beauty"

Like the title of the thread says, it is only a trend. Maybe some day a skinny chick will say why can't we be like in the old days when skinny is beautiful. There'll always be people with different tastes you just need to find the one that suits you and avoid the ones that would not be your friend...no point in getting angry about it. Hell to this day we still have racist people and neo-nazis.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Edit: Belatedly realized you're a youngster. Don't eat at the golden arches and you'll be just fine. And think of this, start living healthy now and you'll be a stunning diva at your 10 year highschool reunion, while your friend will have popped out umpteen million kids and look like an old, saggy hag.

Don't worry about what boys your age say about you, because boys your age are very, very stupid folk. At that age we don't know what's up, or down, or left, or right, and if interpersonal relationships with girls were a paper bag, we'd probably starve before we found our way out.

In short, don't sweat it.
    Last edited by erosennin; Jul 30, 2007 at 02:06 AM.

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some like them big and some like them thin. Really though, we live in a world where many shallow people exist. Not everyone is shallow, but you do have to realize that everyone does have their own personal preferences. Everyone has that checklist that they check off whether it be consciously or subconsciously. It's human nature to be attracted to what you like.

But if anyone can actually be so messed up to say that they won't hang out with you because they don't agree with the way you look...then that person is definitely shallow (among other things) and doesn't deserve any of your time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast