+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Think of the Children!

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Think of the Children!

Who says kids r stupid?i don't agree with those ppl.kids r always curious n r willing 2 try something new even though there r consequences dat they r not aware of.or they may know of it but still tries dat thing.dat is not stupidity but curiosity.i guess dat there is some truth in the phrase"curiosity kills the cat"in dis kind of situation.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyXie View Post
    Who says kids r stupid?i don't agree with those ppl.kids r always curious n r willing 2 try something new even though there r consequences dat they r not aware of.or they may know of it but still tries dat thing.dat is not stupidity but curiosity.i guess dat there is some truth in the phrase"curiosity kills the cat"in dis kind of situation.
    I don't think children are stupid, and I realize that curiosity may cause some to do or say things that are inappropriate, regardless of how well their parents have raised them, and I'm not advocating gratuitous sex and violence all over movies and television. My issue here is with the overprotection of children as far as media is concerned. I guess what I'm saying is that I want the decision of what's acceptable in media to be made with more in mind than that a kid might inadvertently hear a curse word or see a nipple.

"Curiosity killed the cat...but satisfaction brought it back."
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

If parents did their jobs this wouldnt even be an issue. I wont be doing this when i have kids. I'll know what my kids are doing.

Newbie dungeonmaster666 may be famous one day dungeonmaster666 may be famous one day dungeonmaster666's Avatar
    Thanks

me bein 16 i think its pretty shitty to censor shit because your hear shit you parents dont deam "acceptable" everywhere hell ihear 5-6yr. old kids swearing worse then most adults

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    My co-workers and I have daily conversations on current topics, recent events, etc. One of our chats was about censorship in order to protect children. I, as a childless adult, don't understand why parents can't just turn off the TV when something they deem inappropriate comes on. My co-worker with two children under ten tried to explain that she can't always be around to monitor what they watch, so systems should be in place to ensure that they won't accidently (or intentionally) watch something she doesn't want them to see. Obviously, you can't watch your kids 24/7 but shouldn't you as a parent be teaching them right from wrong, what's acceptable and what's not, and then be reasonably secure that, even in the time they spend away from you, they can still come to coherent conclusions about what they've seen? Or are children so stupid that we have to shield them until they go to college?
    No they are not stupid. That is part of the problem. They are however little copycats that will act out just about everything they see and repeat whatever they hear. As a result if you want to raise a child that doesn't think looking at a womans bare breasts and using F@#! ever other word is normal you have to keep them from it.

It's hard, really hard. If society doesn't help you it becomes just about impossible. There are channels I don't even turn on anymore because while the shows may be fine the commercials can be nearly obscene. Also I home school. What about those who don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    There is a difference between curiosity and stupidity. We can teach kids all we want about what's right and what's wrong but we can't keep them from exploring. It's the main reason teens are tempted to try drugs, not becuase they are pressured into it and foolishly fall for it, but because they are curious as to what the experience might be like, though I do admit that curiosity is not always to blame. Sometimes it can be simply stupidity that gets kids into trouble. But about 75% of the time curiosity is to blame.
    Very true. Fortunatly kids are also inheirantly lazy as well. If you can make it an effort for them to get their hands on the stuff them most of them won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    If parents did their jobs this wouldnt even be an issue. I wont be doing this when i have kids. I'll know what my kids are doing.

Thanks Miroku, I needed a laugh. That is just like a friend of our who looked at my husband, after one of our kids lay down in the aisle of a grocery store screaming and throwing a fit, and told him "my kids will never do that". He laughed and admitted it was a stupid thing to say but my husband pointed out, [sarcasm]"Yes, I taught him to do that"[/sarcasm]

I wouldn't be making any comments about what you would or would not do or what your kids would or would not do unless you are prepared for those of us who know you to write them down and use them against you when you have some.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

As a result if you want to raise a child that doesn't think looking at a womans bare breasts and using F@#! ever other word is normal you have to keep them from it.
    Hey whats wrong with looking at a womans breasts? They are a work of art!! I dont see it as abnormal. I would hope my teenage son would want to look at them. Oh god please, crosses fingers.

PS:Unless he's under a certain age, say like 14

I dont think any father would want his son to not like looking at bare breast.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I dont think any father would want his son to not like looking at bare breast.
    *writes down quote*

That's two. I'm going to love it when you have daughters.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

i think kids should be exposed to everything, but given a sense of right and wrong

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3