+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A third party system in the US

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

A third party system in the US

I have heard in the news that many people are thinking about setting/creating a third party because the current Republican and Democratic parties aren't doing what is beneficial for Americans. I personally think that it would be good, but at the same time it will face many challenges because its been a tradition for Americans to have only two parties. What's your opinion on this?

ps; I looked in the debate section and i didn't find any threads on this, so i decided to create one. However, if this happened to be already discussed then, you mods or admin can close it. Thank you.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A third party system in the US

it wouldn't really fly in America... even though there are no limit to the amount of parties that can run for election, deciding between 2 is easier than decided between 26...

personally, i think it's becuz America has always been divided: north and south, east coast and west coast, whites and blacks, rich and poor, english-speaking and non-english speaking, CNN and FOX, the list goes on...

with so many different groups vying for control of the country, it's almost impossible for the everyman to know what each candidate is running for...

so, to make it simple, we focused on two parties that represent how America thinks best... Traditional and Modern...

can we adopt a three party system? no... no i don't really think so, the only possibilty of it happening is to have a very charasmatic 3-rd party leader that doesn't look like a crony or a pothead... which is what most of them look like, to be honest with you...

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

the only being in the universe charismatic enough to permanently set up a third party would be the freaking ANTI-CHRIST. we are simply too locked up in traditional feelings (even the dems) and it isn't gonna change any time soon

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    the only being in the universe charismatic enough to permanently set up a third party would be the freaking ANTI-CHRIST. we are simply too locked up in traditional feelings (even the dems) and it isn't gonna change any time soon
    well put, indeed.....

besides, we sort of have a three party system anyway. ther is, of course, the independent party, and even another that occasonally pops up. but nobody ever votes for Nader[], so they never have power

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread