+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Is time real or not real?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is time real or not real?

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    for some reason the older i get the fast time goes by does any one else belive this?
    <_< Well, that just depends on what you're doing... as you get older, you find less "time" in things... time can slow down, due to "younger people" being more active and etc, time seems to slow down for them as they constantly run around and finding new interests within just a few seconds from finishing another one.

^_^;; especially for hyper-active people... that's why, we "younger ones" tend to be more impatient...... things just seem too slow for what we do.

As for the questioning of time.

What are you people talking about?!

Of course time is real! XD Well, to us at least. You don't see deers and bunnies counting how many minutes it takes them to eat a carrot!

You don't see them go like "Oh shoot! I have to get back home, or my wife will KILL me!" ... time exists because we say it does.

We created the terms of math and etc... the sun and moon will always rise and fall during estimated times... however, WE HUMANS measured it.

How can we measure something when it never needed measurement?
    How can we measure something when we don't even have a basis of which to base our measurement on?

Well, I suppose we based it off when the sun goes up and when it goes down... but even then!

Examples:

-How do we measure how long it takes for the sun to rise and fall?
    + By seeing the sun rise and fall

-How do we measure how long is a foot?
    + With a ruler
    -How do we measure what the measurement is with a ruler?
    + With another ruler

XD Do you realize the absolute redundant-ness-ish of it all?! XD

<_< But hey, if we find things easier with our measurements, we keep them.

o_o As for me, I don't pay attention to minutes. I pay attention to every "10 minutes/ 30 minutes/ 1 hour" ... those are the only things that matter to me when in accordance to the measurement of time, so I don't care much for all other of those measurements! XD

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i think time is a nessecity of live that will be needed to maintain balance in life.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

I find it kinda strange...
    I live in Singapore, but right now I am in Seattle 16 hours behind Singapore time. When I call Singapore its 16 hours ahead; so when I call home am I talking to the future and my friends are talking to me in history?

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    <_< Well, that just depends on what you're doing... as you get older, you find less "time" in things... time can slow down, due to "younger people" being more active and etc, time seems to slow down for them as they constantly run around and finding new interests within just a few seconds from finishing another one.

^_^;; especially for hyper-active people... that's why, we "younger ones" tend to be more impatient...... things just seem too slow for what we do.

As for the questioning of time.

What are you people talking about?!

Of course time is real! XD Well, to us at least. You don't see deers and bunnies counting how many minutes it takes them to eat a carrot!

You don't see them go like "Oh shoot! I have to get back home, or my wife will KILL me!" ... time exists because we say it does.

We created the terms of math and etc... the sun and moon will always rise and fall during estimated times... however, WE HUMANS measured it.

How can we measure something when it never needed measurement?
    How can we measure something when we don't even have a basis of which to base our measurement on?

Well, I suppose we based it off when the sun goes up and when it goes down... but even then!

Examples:

-How do we measure how long it takes for the sun to rise and fall?
    + By seeing the sun rise and fall

-How do we measure how long is a foot?
    + With a ruler
    -How do we measure what the measurement is with a ruler?
    + With another ruler

XD Do you realize the absolute redundant-ness-ish of it all?! XD

<_< But hey, if we find things easier with our measurements, we keep them.

o_o As for me, I don't pay attention to minutes. I pay attention to every "10 minutes/ 30 minutes/ 1 hour" ... those are the only things that matter to me when in accordance to the measurement of time, so I don't care much for all other of those measurements! XD
    You can make things eayer and harder for me.But this time you made it easyer.But I get two do things to ask.I am young{Still in High School} and I always seem to be running like a headless chicken because I barely get time for things and the second thing is.How old are?{Because you talk College lvl or something like that.Thinking to myself.I should of listen when the teacher was talking.}
    Perfection is dull

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh well...
    You seem as if you don't have time. However, because you have so much to do... let's just say this:

Compared to an old man who's making rice by hand... it would probably take him 30 minutes if he wants to make the rice ready for the boiling water...

However, within those 30 minutes, you've been able to go to the office, meet up with your friends, do your homework, and go to the restroom.

So, in other words, you HAVE done more than an older person, so time is a lot slower to you.

... how old am I? 18....
    O_o College level? No, I speak as myself. I don't know what the level is for the way I speak. ... o_o I certainly don't read more books than other people. In fact, I've read LESS books than those who "speak like me".

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Real time is real as fast has you can click the "Reload" button.

As for the concept of time, it's subjective. We age, and we use this as a measurement. Animals witness the world moving around them, but they don't (or can't) bother measuring it. When I'm most stressed about things, I focus down to that level: maybe looking closely at a wood grain or texture. At that scale, our much larger world is insignificant (or over-significant/omnipotent). Time becomes a context based on your position of observation. Remove yourself from that context and you've beat the laws of time.

Still haven't mastered time travel, though...

Thanks

sukotsu ... the Time Management Victim is right.

In my words, I'd just say: If you truly put yourself out of it, you're not a part of it..... mentally, that is. (physically, you're still affected in some way... and spiritually? Well, spirits don't follow time)

<_< Time travel is tough cookie indeed.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Not really.We understand what we have to do.But there is two problems.One if someone goes back or to the future the world meant change{We don't because we haven't try}and the second thing is, that is possible the time rafe will kill everyone. >_< That will be fun watching.
    Perfection is dull

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast