+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Too much Power Creates Greed?

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Too much Power Creates Greed?

hello AO i was just wondering what you all thought about power, yes power is great but is too much power too much? Will all this power create greed in a sense that you want more and more power that you aren't getting which creates a greedy person?

I belive this is true and i think people should have an equal amount of power except one person that is sensible and choosen for good causes.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Too much Power Creates Greed?

i like it now i like haveing power becuase it shows authroity to me and anything could be power if its a skill or money or just your name means you have power if everyone has the same power somebody gonna say i want more and take over someone else and it just become what it is now. I like have power i dont know why but i just do

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

yes but the main question is do you think too much power creates greed?

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the saying is "Absolute Power Corrupts" power over people and things can become unhealthy for a persons personality... i dont think you should trust one person to hold power and still keep his sanity or common sense. now a small group of people, odd number to keep things in check...but even this system has its limits...all through out histroy we have seen people in power, real power over their people, their country, and seen them all turn down a greedy path. The choices to do things for the peoples own good, was a popular slogan. paranoia sets in.
    stupid example would be of Hussain from Iraq, he killed whole towns bacause he thought it was a threat ot his power base, plasted his face on every single block in town, to ensure they everyone knew he was the boss. hell he even went off to invade a small neighboring country cause he was sure it was in his countrys best interest and i think cause he thought no one would care, and did anyone else see how many body doubles he had for public viewing...you could never tell where he was cause no one knew which hussain was the real one...
    you know, i dont think its a quest for more power, but more power helps, its the quest to keep power, to hold on to that power. Thats where the trouble starts...
    Don't Panic

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

No power dosen't create greed. People do. I will say that some people that have that power do bad things but that is still their choice to do so. I also know some people who don't. So it all comes down to the individual.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, it depends on the type of person holding it. Some people use it as a tool to intimidate others such as the Catholic Church back in the days. However, you have to remember that power comes and goes, it doesn't stay forever.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

High amounts of power usually lead to fear and idealistic corruption rather than fear.
    Though most of us are prone to getting addicted to power, in which case you will always want more than you have.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to agree with fireandice, it depends on the person.

I have always heard the saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely" but like many snazzy sayings it is only one face of the truth. The truth is that a Monarchy is the most efficient form of government there is, and the most inefficient. If you have a ruler that is uncorrupted and selfless you will have immense growth and security for everyone. On the other hand if you have a ruler that is corrupted and selfish everyone pays. The point of having a Republic instead is to smooth over the bumps of corruption so they don't ruin everything before it is to late.

Does power corrupt and make people greedy? Depends on the person. Like exorbitant amounts of money it will amplify an already existing personality along with all their flaws. If greed is one of those it will enhance it. If it isn't however... then no.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast