+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Too much Power Creates Greed?

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Too much Power Creates Greed?

I agree wit ur point Arrianna, it does depend on the person. Yet I've found that a Republic can also b a double-edged sword. Whenever u add people who want ta go inta politics as a career, ur openin' the door for corruption. There r many career politicians here in the U.S that r more concerned wit advancin' their careers than actually helpin' this country wit the problems that it faces. The U.S is headin' down the same path that the Roman Republic was headin' down thousands of years ago, it's our responsiblity ta make sure that doesn' happen. I'm not fond of career politicians, not that there aren' any good ones, but it's jus' that there r too many that r too concerned wit their careers. I feel that the words politics and career shouldn' b mixed together, they make for poor bedfellows. I believe that Ancient Athens had the correct ideal form of government, one in which the people had more control.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Daa! Of course power creates greed- people always want more, it will never be enough for us- in all ways.
    Of course it makes us create wonders- cars, high houses, planes and what else not, but with what cost? And how long can this go on? We're using our resourses too much already...

It's the same with power- give a man power and, if he's smart enough, he'll make this life better for as all, but he'll want more- we'll want more from him. Power really spoils people.

And I disagree that it depends on the person- well partly- course there are some poeple that can control themselves, but even the most goodhearted person can be spoiled by the games that power brings with it- even if you do everything with a good thought, you'll get into trouble- because you'll be attacked from all sides. I'm sure I don't want any power for myself- it will defintelely spoil me...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree with you lassura but a lil bit of power would be ok i supose?

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

I myself agree with two people here.
    first off Fireandice, because it does depend on the person holding the power,
    when I think of it, there is a saying that comes to mind.( It is from spiderman, forgive me) With great power comes great responsability, I belive that this is true.
    ok and the second is Lasura.
    so I can honestly say yes power in the hands of a mad man is bad, but power in the hands of a kind and honourable person, can change the world.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Too much Power Creates Greed? TOO much power creates in it's owner a thirst for more so yes,there's a lot of types of greed ,and that's one ,second it depends on the individuality and person sometimes but not always ,that's what i think
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

What do u think people with power want? More power. It's rather simple. people with power are never satisfied and they get so caught up in their greed they let that negative aspect of the human characteristic run their life, with no possibility of self control what so ever. people think that when they have it all (and more) and they lose it, they say that is god who bought them down. But Its not God who bring us down, we sometimes cause our own downfall by our greed... and that's a fact!!!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Well now abc, that all depends on how they get it in the first place doesn't it? Not everone comes to power the same way or for the same reasons.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a saying "Absolute power, corrupts absolutely." i think that this is very true. No matter who you are, you can always have too much power and it'll go to your head. This is evident with political corruption over the course of history.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast